Veyron GT/Grand Prix

Moronzilla

with the wind and down hill maybe.

Relax a bit, you are getting really worked up.

Its not really a thing about getting worked up. Its just that people here seem to take his word as actuality. When in actuality Robs numbers do not add up. You guys here are experts on all kinds of cars and many are owners of such awesome cars. Rob does have a Veyron that is fact. I love the Sang Noir wheels on his car but that is the only thing different about his car and the next standard Veyron. I'm just disapointed that people are taking his 259.4mph as factual without any questioning of that top speed. Seems like I am the only one here that questions this speed claim.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah and if I call Lockheed Martin they are going to tell me an SR-71 can only do Mach 3.2 :icon_thumleft:

Dude you are blowing it out of the ball park here. Go ahead and call Lockheed if you want and let me know what they tell you on the black bird but if you call your Bug dealer they will tell you the facts

on the top speed of Robs Veyron for sure!!!! They will tell you 253 and change not 259

Dude you are blowing it out of the ball park here. Go ahead and call Lockheed if you want and let me know what they tell you on the black bird but if you call your Bug dealer they will tell you the facts

on the top speed of Robs Veyron for sure!!!! They will tell you 253 and change not 259

Yes because a dealer is always the best place to get facts related to the engineering of a car like the Veryon. :rolleyes: There are probably more Veryon owners on this board than there are dealers.

It could be that when the video was made there was a tailwind

or...

The veryon is electronically limited. Now I am assuming the Veryon has a very complex structure in which it calculates how to limit the Vmax. Now, there is a 2.3 percent difference in what we are all told is the standard Vmax of a Veryon, and what Rob achieved on Video. I'm willing to bet that 2.3 difference is an "acceptable" input into the Veryons computer. Remember this is the same computer that registers how long you have been at Vmax to warn you to slow down. (correct me if I am wrong here Rob)

or.....

well, there are a lot of possibilities.

What I am getting at, is it is not like Rob claimed that he hit 299MPH.

Yes because a dealer is always the best place to get facts related to the engineering of a car like the Veryon. :rolleyes: There are probably more Veryon owners on this board than there are dealers.

It could be that when the video was made there was a tailwind

or...

The veryon is electronically limited. Now I am assuming the Veryon has a very complex structure in which it calculates how to limit the Vmax. Now, there is a 2.3 percent difference in what we are all told is the standard Vmax of a Veryon, and what Rob achieved on Video. I'm willing to bet that 2.3 difference is an "acceptable" input into the Veryons computer. Remember this is the same computer that registers how long you have been at Vmax to warn you to slow down. (correct me if I am wrong here Rob)

or.....

well, there are a lot of possibilities.

What I am getting at, is it is not like Rob claimed that he hit 299MPH.

You are right he did not claim he was going 299 it was 259 but you take it as a fact--show me some things that prove that number. There was nothing???? No speedo, no radar, no track times, nothing. He could have said any number on that video. My question is why do you believe the video without question??? This is what i am having a hard time trying to understand? The Veyron can go a little over 253 but the Standard Veyron will not go 259 down a runway. Yes a dealer is a good place to get the facts on a Veyron. Hell call the factory if you want I really dont care. If you want to go with what rob says as fact go right ahead but untill I see something to back it up it is BS for now!!!!

You are right he did not claim he was going 299 it was 259 but you take it as a fact--show me some things that prove that number. There was nothing???? No speedo, no radar, no track times, nothing. He could have said any number on that video. My question is why do you believe the video without question??? This is what i am having a hard time trying to understand? The Veyron can go a little over 253 but the Standard Veyron will not go 259 down a runway. Yes a dealer is a good place to get the facts on a Veyron. Hell call the factory if you want I really dont care. If you want to go with what rob says as fact go right ahead but untill I see something to back it up it is BS for now!!!!

None of us are really doubting it, because Bugatti says the car is limited by its tires. That means the car can go faster, but the tires will fail faster if at a higher speed. So Bugatti programmed a computer to say STOP, NO MORE once the computer registers a speed of 253. The max speed of a Veryon is not a power issue, nor an aerodynamics one. It is purely based on what VW and Michelin engineers have determined is safe.

None of us are really doubting it, because Bugatti says the car is limited by its tires. That means the car can go faster, but the tires will fail faster if at a higher speed. So Bugatti programmed a computer to say STOP, NO MORE once the computer registers a speed of 253. The max speed of a Veryon is not a power issue, nor an aerodynamics one. It is purely based on what VW and Michelin engineers have determined is safe.

I agree with you 100% on that. The engine each Veyron comes with is totally capable of more hp. That has never been an issue. It has always been what the tires can handle thats the issue on the Veyrons top speed. So bug puts a governor on its engines as do most other car companys. There are mules being tested as we speak where the engines have been tweaked for more hp with this of course tires become an issue as well.

You must be good buds with Rob and thats cool. You can go with his top speed record breaking Veyron 1 off all you like. But for those of us that know a little more about the true numbers of the Veyron im calling this 259 top speed BS. Show me some hard facts and maybe just maybe i will go with you an Rob!!! As for a little blurb going across a you tube video not enough proof in my book as well as many other Veyron fans....

Meh, who cares if he can go 6 mph fast on an airstrip?

I do that's for sure. I'm just trying to prove a point. That everyone just seems to take Robs

word that it went 259.4 mph when there is no hard evidence to prove it did. We all know a Veyron can go 253 mph and some change but 259 plus nope. Can a Veyron go that fast? The answer is yes. Like many other cars the Veyron has a governor that is set to that 253 speed not 259. If and when Bug decides to open up this engine to its potential it will in fact go faster than 259. The problem as stated before are there are no tires rated for such a high speed. So once that is solved and Bug has tweaked the engine to what they think is right the Veyron as we know it will be an even faster beast. So yes 259 can and will happen but it did not happen in Robs veyron. That is my point...

I do that's for sure. I'm just trying to prove a point. That everyone just seems to take Robs

word that it went 259.4 mph when there is no hard evidence to prove it did. We all know a Veyron can go 253 mph and some change but 259 plus nope. Can a Veyron go that fast? The answer is yes. Like many other cars the Veyron has a governor that is set to that 253 speed not 259. If and when Bug decides to open up this engine to its potential it will in fact go faster than 259. The problem as stated before are there are no tires rated for such a high speed. So once that is solved and Bug has tweaked the engine to what they think is right the Veyron as we know it will be an even faster beast. So yes 259 can and will happen but it did not happen in Robs veyron. That is my point...

I have nothing to partake in this, but just a clarification - you can't actually prove it without actual evidence showing it didn't happen, such as the speedo NOT showing 259. It may have not happened, but whether it did or not, you still can't make that statement.

I have nothing to partake in this, but just a clarification - you can't actually prove it without actual evidence showing it didn't happen, such as the speedo NOT showing 259. It may have not happened, but whether it did or not, you still can't make that statement.

There is no evidence saying it did happen!!! What the"fact" that a "259.4 mph blurb" was put on a you tube video??? That makes it factual???? Show me something factual showing it go 259 mph then we can go from there....

There is no evidence saying it did happen!!! What the"fact" that a "259.4 mph blurb" was put on a you tube video??? That makes it factual???? Show me something factual showing it go 259 mph then we can go from there....

Apparently you don't get my point. I'm not saying it went 259.4. I'm not saying that it even went 100. Even if it was going, let's say hypothetically, 85 mph, you couldn't say that, because you don't have specific details of it happening. Either way, you can't state that with substantial evidence, going either way, no matter how you want to look at it. Not about the 259 mph. For all you know, he may have gone the 259, but we don't know for sure.

Get it?

Apparently you don't get my point. I'm not saying it went 259.4. I'm not saying that it even went 100. Even if it was going, let's say hypothetically, 85 mph, you couldn't say that, because you don't have specific details of it happening. Either way, you can't state that with substantial evidence, going either way, no matter how you want to look at it. Not about the 259 mph. For all you know, he may have gone the 259, but we don't know for sure.

Get it?

The car is governed at 253 mph do to its tires. Bug would not let a car out of its factory on tires that were not safe. The tires that come with a Veyron are not rated for 259 mph. My point is like many cars the factory puts a governor on it making it not able to go 259. Thats my point. If the tires were to explode at 259 they would get their butts sued.

The car is governed at 253 mph do to its tires. Bug would not let a car out of its factory on tires that were not safe. The tires that come with a Veyron are not rated for 259 mph. My point is like many cars the factory put a governor on it making it not able to go 259. Thats my point. If the tire were to explode at 259 they would get their butts sued.

I understand your point clearly. I'm just making a statement that you still wouldn't be able to say "that it didn't happen," whether if has the so-called "gt" package or not, as we don't know details, or even if it has it.

I understand your point clearly. I'm just making a statement that you still wouldn't be able to say "that it didn't happen," whether if has the so-called "gt" package or not, as we don't know details, or even if it has it.

Dude - The "Gt" package is still being tested on Veyron Mule cars. There is no way Bugatti would have a customer do the testing of the upgrade. So "YES" we do know the answer. Like I have said from the very start of this thing--he has a "standard" Veyron. The ONLY thing different about Robs car are his wheels. There is no GT package in ANY customers hands as of this time.

Dude - The "Gt" package is still being tested on Veyron Mule cars. There is no way Bugatti would have a customer do the testing of the upgrade. So "YES" we do know the answer. Like I have said from the very start of this thing--he has a "standard" Veyron. The ONLY thing different about Robs car are his wheels. There is no GT package in ANY customers hands as of this time.

:eusa_wall:

I still don't believe you get it, but I won't try again, because you are so confident in believing you know everything.

:eusa_wall:

I still don't believe you get it, but I won't try again, because you are so confident in believing you know everything.

I do get it. The facts are Rob does not have a "Veyron GT". His Veyron "CAN'T" go 259 mph. I have put it all out there. It is you that thinks Rob has a 1 off Veyron GT that no other customer has. The Veyron GT is in testing mode right now. There are none in public hands hence fourth all Veyrons are limited to 253 mph give or take. As far as I know there is no tire made that can safely go 259 mph... So yes Rob went fast in his you tube video but he did NOT go 259!!!!

This thread is so dumb.

BTW, I sent an email to a friend who took delivery of one last month. I asked him about it and he said that he also has the upgraded specs.

Must not be to dumb since you keep replying to it....

I just sent an email to my friend to. He got the 5000hp upgrade GTTT

Guest Houstongt

If Robs V is bone stock it cannot go 259......especially in 12000 feet and slow down. Wind speed will not help that much in 12000 feet.

On top Gear I guarantee it took more than 1.75 miles to reach 253 (VERIFIED). Look at that video and time how long it took to get the last 10-20mph. I am using that video to base my assumptions.

The V's have 1000hp at the engine which translates to 850ish at the wheels. At the Texas Mile 850whp cars were doing 205 mph.

look at the data I have posted and come to your own conclusion, I know I have.

If Robs V is bone stock it cannot go 259......especially in 12000 feet and slow down. Wind speed will not help that much in 12000 feet.

On top Gear I guarantee it took more than 1.75 miles to reach 253 (VERIFIED). Look at that video and time how long it took to get the last 10-20mph. I am using that video to base my assumptions.

The V's have 1000hp at the engine which translates to 850ish at the wheels. At the Texas Mile 850whp cars were doing 205 mph.

look at the data I have posted and come to your own conclusion, I know I have.

The runway is 14,400 feet.

I thought the veyrons had enough cooling problems just getting them to 1001hp? Perhaps they found a way around this. If people are getting these "upgraded specs" then why hasnt anything official been leaked? Ive never heard of a special option for a car that us car geeks dont find out about and have immediate proof of. A more powerful veyron aka "upgraded specs" version would be eaten up by all the internet car browsers.....

rob could have had a 20 mph tail wind ;)

You guys give Rob way too much credit without questioning but if you want to go with what a You Tube video said of 259.4 mph in a "Veyron Gt" that does not even exist yet in ANY customer hands then go for it!!!

You guys seem to question a lot of data on this forum but when it comes to this claim of 259.4 mph you let it slide like it is golden. If that's what you want to think of his claim of a "Veyron GT" from a you tube video more power to you believers....

I guess Bugatti has it all wrong according to you guys since they state....

"The car documents state a maximum velocity of 407 km/h, but that’s an understatement. On April 19, 2005, inspection officials recorded a top speed average of 408.47 km/h. For years, the Bugatti engineers had worked diligently in order to push the 400 km/h boundary..."

so lets do the math here 408.47 km/h == 253.811mph

http://www.bugatti.com/en/veyron-16.4/technology/speed.html

inspection officials recorded a top speed average of 408.47 km/h.

You are an official moron. You do realize when you get an average there are numbers both above and below correct?

Who cares about 6mph I certainly don't. You do realize the accuracy of the speedometer at that speed is highly suspect as well don't you?

Ever heard of a safety factor? It's typically about 1.2 for this sort of exercise. Therefore the tires theoretically are good up to ~490km/h.

Then again, judging by your previous statements; your ignorance > reasonable counterpoints