• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New AirCap technology.

Full article and pictures:

http://www.insideline.com/mercedes-benz/e-...technology.html

Excerpt

STUTTGART, Germany — When Mercedes-Benz unwraps its tasty new 2011 E-Class Cabriolet at the 2010 Detroit Auto Show next month, the big news will be its place in the automotive firmament as perhaps the first soft top that can be driven comfortably with the lid down all year long.

This Sir Thomas More of a four-seat convertible owes its versatility to a remarkable invention called the AirCap, a feature that took a team of Daimler engineers four full years to develop.

They garnered 20 patents along the way, but perhaps more rewarding once the car hits the streets late next summer will be the thanks of men and women around the globe who can finally ride in an open car without worry about frazzled hairdos and frozen faces.

The AirCap, an aluminum, mesh and plastic air diverter blade that rises from the top of the windshield frame with the press of a center-console-mounted button, is an engineer's way of fooling the laws of aerodynamics into thinking that the E's smooth, low-profile ragtop is still in place and that all those heads of hair aren't there for turbulence to tussle.

BRABUS GLK V12

BRABUS has the habit of building the world's fastest cars in different categories. Now is the turn of the world's fastest SUV.

BRABUS GLK V12 is the name and IT SHOOTS to 100 km/h in just 4.2 seconds and to 200 in 12.8 sec.

The Mercedes-Benz that is GLK-based has also been tested on a high speed track in Italy, and the German monster did 322.3 km/h. As the model name suggests, this is a V12 WITH two turbo fitted.

The result is 750 horsepower and incredible 1,350 Nm at just 2100 rpm. However BRABUS has been forced to throttle the engine down to 1100 Nm in order not to brake the gearbox.

It is otherwise a 5-speed automatic, and in a BRABUS version a rear wheel drive. Buyers can choose between different rims designs, but they are all 22 inches.

brabus7.jpg

brabus1.jpg

Brabus2_0.jpg

Brabus3_0.jpg

Cool car, but who would buy it other than a Sheik in the middle east?

I would buy it, I love it but I only love it €100k worth :icon_mrgreen:

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.supercars.net/PD?displayPotd=y

I saw this thing Dehli, India and couldnt' for the life of me figure what the hell it was...it was there for the Indian Auto Show which I didn't know was coming to town, spent forever trying to find this thing. Looked so awesome in real life.

Since i was in both UAE and India, wow Mercedes' rule the world over there, and I got to see the SLR Stirling Moss, definitely really cool in person than in photos...and a really nice pearl SLR!

Cool car, but who would buy it other than a Sheik in the middle east?

They propably create any number between 2 and 3, so the answer is nobody.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

BRABUS E V12 COUPE

The BRABUS SV12 R Biturbo 800 engine produces a rated power output of 800 hp (788 bhp) / 588 kW at 5,500 rpm. The even more impressive peak torque of 1,420 Nm (1,047 lb-ft), available already at a low 2,100 rpm, is limited electronically to 1,100 Nm (811 lb-ft).

Power is transferred to the rear wheels via a reinforced five-speed automatic transmission and a BRABUS high-performance limited-slip differential. The BRABUS E V12 comes standard with state-of-the-art driving stability programs that can be deactivated at the push of a button.

Performance of the coupe is as exceptional as that of the four-door model: The BRABUS E V12 Coupe sprints from 0 –100 km/h (62 mph) in just 3.7 seconds, to 200 km/h (124 mph) in 9.9 seconds, and reaches 300 km/h (186 mph) after a mere 23.9 seconds. For street-legal use the top speed of the Gran Tourismo is limited electronically to 350 km/h (217 mph).

Without the limiter the two-door twelve-cylinder car is capable of speeds in excess of 370 km/h (230 mph).

The Brabus E V12 Coupe price has to match. It starts from 478,000 Euros.....

Brabus_E_V12_Coupe_1.jpg

Brabus_E_V12_Coupe_2.jpg

Brabus_E_V12_Coupe_5.jpg

Brabus_E_V12_Coupe_7.jpg

Brabus_E_V12_Coupe_4.jpg