Tiger Woods: You look familiar. You come here often?

Roman

Some guys take golf for what it is, a game, while others take themselves too seriously. I mean really...... You're JUST a guy that can play a good game of golf....

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't know French but I know the phrase "cherchez la femme"... "LOOK FOR THE WOMEN"... Every time you have a mystery that can not be immediately explained, look for the nearest woman for a possible cause..

:icon_mrgreen:

Tiger is an arrogant asshole in person. He believes he is gods gift to the world, and that you should be thankful to be near him. I see him every year at a tournament in Miami.

I can't go into details but you are 100% right. He lives only minutes away from me.

:eusa_think:

I think the biggest question most golf fans, sports writers have now, is what club did wifey use when she gave Tiger his beatdown.....

Guest skokos
:eusa_think:

I think the biggest question most golf fans, sports writers have now, is what club did wifey use when she gave Tiger his beatdown.....

I bet with that little brunette he was using a Adams Tight Lie ;) ;)

Personally,I would give her a swing with my Ping

I bet with that little brunette he was using a Adams Tight Lie ;) ;)

Clearly, he was out of bounds, and his wife refused to give him a mulligan!

Guest skokos
Clearly, he was out of bounds, and his wife refused to give him a mulligan!

Im sure he was very upset... I bet it will be a very long time before he gets his balls out of the sand trap.

lol we could do this all day

Just who is Elin Nordegren Woods, anyway?

As Tiger Wreck Watch 2009 lurches into its fourth day with little new information, fans and media are combing over every element of this case like symbologists in a Dan Brown thriller. There's brick wall after brick wall in this story, but one of the largest and most well-fortified is this: just who is Elin Nordegren Woods, anyway?

If you were to design the perfect wife for a privacy-hungry superstar like Tiger Woods, she'd look a whole lot like Elin -- low-key, accustomed to celebrity, and, from all appearances on the golf course, totally devoted to her husband's career.

Which is what makes the current questions about her recent behavior -- why did she smash a window in Tiger's Escalade? Is she responsible for his injuries? Why did she change her story to police? -- so challenging. We'd like to think the best of her, but we simply don't know much about her.

As the Daily Beast notes today in a story entitled "The Mysterious Mrs. Woods," there's only been one major story written about Elin Nordegren Woods -- a 2004 Sports Illustrated profile -- and even that story centered on how little anyone outside of her inner circle knows about her.

The facts: She grew up in Stockholm, and while she did some modeling in her teens, the idea that she was a "Swedish supermodel" is one of those urban legends that grows in the retelling. "She wasn't a high-profile model," as the Beast quotes a source from a New York modeling agency, and, to be fair, she didn't seem to be particularly interested in modeling as a career.

But she was around the world of golf long before she met Woods, serving as the nanny to golfer Jesper Parnevik. She met Tiger at the 2001 British Open, and it wasn't exactly a romantic introduction for the ages.

According to SI, Tiger was so nervous about asking her out that he had a friend do it for him. Initially, she declined. But Woods persisted, she relented, and they married in a lavish $1.5 million ceremony in Barbados. That wedding was the stuff of tabloid heaven, with Hootie and the Blowfish as the house band and Michael Jordan and Charles Barkley in attendance.

Being married to the world's richest athlete apparently has done little to change Elin's public persona. We don't see her doing reality shows, we don't see her on the covers of magazines every month, and aside from releasing some photos, she doesn't parade around her children – two-year-old Sam and nine-month-old Charlie – seeking publicity. It's refreshing, really, to see someone in the limelight who's so apparently unconcerned with the fame-hungry world of modern celebrity.

And this brings up the question of obligation. Is Elin Woods obligated to share anything about herself with the world just because of the man she married? Of course not. Their private life is just that: private. Anything that goes on behind closed doors is their business, and theirs alone ... as long as no crimes have been committed. Without speculating on the Woods case, any time there is a reasonable suspicion of domestic violence, it does indeed become a public matter.

What's definitive is that some of the events of recent days haven't been behind closed doors, they've taken place on public streets. And because Tiger Woods is a worldwide celebrity, anything he does in public, from hitting a golf ball to hitting a fire hydrant, draws worldwide notice. Combine the events of Friday morning with the allegations published last Wednesday that Woods had been pursuing an affair with another woman, and you've got a case that police simply cannot ignore.

In the world of celebrity culture, curiosity fills in the gaps in a vacuum of information. Was it the wisest idea for Elin Woods to share absolutely nothing about herself for all these years? Perhaps, perhaps not; that's a decision everyone watching this case has to make for themselves.

What's certain is that the Woods camp would love a mulligan on many elements of this case, and the image that's been created -- or, more accurately, not created -- of Elin up until Nov. 27 may very well be at the top of that list.

The Mysterious Mrs. Woods [Daily Beast]

By Jay Busbee

I've got a theory! She's a great wife, a great mother, not gold digging and loves her husband and is completely devoted to him. This of course means that he's naturally going to think that he can do anything he wants including fcuking other women since she's so docile. So, when she finds out and takes an icepick to his face, who can really blame her?

Guest skokos
I've got a theory! She's a great wife, a great mother, not gold digging and loves her husband and is completely devoted to him. This of course means that he's naturally going to think that he can do anything he wants including fcuking other women since she's so docile. So, when she finds out and takes an icepick to his face, who can really blame her?

Bingo. I think were so use to the drama and day in and day out cheating stories we hear that its throwing everyone off that we dont know all the details because the woman is being smart about it and not running her mouth all over the TV

:iamwithstupid: If all the reports coming in from "friends" are true, then it sounds just like that.

Like I always say, when you find a good woman, hold on to her like you've never held on to anything in your life.

:iamwithstupid:

Like I always say, when you find a good woman, hold on to her like you've never held on to anything in your life.

Yet another reason I dont cheat on my wife: Ive seen her swing a nine iron.

On a side note, what is up with revenge-crazed women and golf clubs lately? First the Xbox 360 girl, now this :)

On a side note, what is up with revenge-crazed women and golf clubs lately? First the Xbox 360 girl, now this :)

I find golf to be very therapeutic, I've never played a complete round but I think it can be very soothing being out there by yourself, playing against yourself. This can easily translate into hitting other objects like consoles, and tinted windows.

the problem is, a lot of people find these before they are ready.. then what? I have at least 2 friends stuck in relationships with such a girl, 4-5 years..and they know she is great, and they want OTHER girls like any guy

the problem is, a lot of people find these before they are ready.. then what? I have at least 2 friends stuck in relationships with such a girl, 4-5 years..and they know she is great, and they want OTHER girls like any guy

When you say "stuck" in the relationships, you mean they can't get out...?

I just heard the 911 call on the news, Im trying to figure out with all the $$ Tiger has, why he lives in a subdivision with neighbors close enough to call the cops......