Superleggera EU/US seats

-Sonny-

Installation is very easy. As LamDog said, the rails are identical. Unscrew 4 bolts, unplugged 3 sockets and the old seats are cleared to be taken out. You can seal off the sockets with electrical tape, adhesive heat-shrink wrap etc...

As to the airbags, the sport seats comes with a pair of plugs that have build-in resistors in them to fool the monitoring circuit; they simply plug into the sockets and that's it. Tighten back the 4 bolts and you are good to go.

Those sport seats that were shown on the previous page from my last car are for sale (the current 570SL comes with the sport seats). They aren't cheap but it saves the hassle of getting them from outside of N. America. Send me a PM if anyone's interested.

VCR do you have any more pics of the seats? Also do you know the part number for those plugs with the build in resistors?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here you go. The yellow plug is the "cheater plug" with built-in resistors from factory. No idea on the part number.

VCR do you have any more pics of the seats? Also do you know the part number for those plugs with the build in resistors?

SL_Seats.jpg

SL_Seats__4_.jpg

SL_Seats__25_.jpg

• 2 months later...
There's a replica seat from Revozport around 2g and custom stitch available. But no review yet so far..

IMG_2875.jpg

Those look great. Any pics of them installed?

The seats were developed by Sparco. They are the Sparco Chrono Sports. The only difference is that Sparco made the Lambo ones out of CF but their chronosport is only Fiberglass (as if it really matters). You could easilly get the Sparcos for dirt cheap and just have them reupholstered. I confirmed with Sparco myself. here are pics for comparison. You can get the chrono sports for a real fair price. And if you don't really care about the upholstery you can get the black or two tone. Its also a new material which is better than the old Sparco Cloth..... just fyi

181514d1243253077-new-fc-here-nj-going-l

1681-SPARCO-CHRONO-SPORT-SEAT.jpg

Looks like the shape is slightly different on mine. I personally love these seats only complaint is they sit a but too tall

• 5 months later...
Here you go. The yellow plug is the "cheater plug" with built-in resistors from factory. No idea on the part number.

VCR

I'm doing the same seat swap project on some other carbon seats into my gallardo. I got the "cheater plug" for the airbag but what did you do with the seat belt plug? It plugs into the multi head harness on the factory seat and then that plugs into the floor harness next to the airbag plug.

VCR

I'm doing the same seat swap project on some other carbon seats into my gallardo. I got the "cheater plug" for the airbag but what did you do with the seat belt plug? It plugs into the multi head harness on the factory seat and then that plugs into the floor harness next to the airbag plug.

For any of the plugs that didn't connect to anything/anywhere. I used heat-shrink wrap & electrical tape to seal the plugs. The car never threw any code, all was well. Hope this helps.