Superleggera EU/US seats

-Sonny-

Kilo 16 I wonder if you could find through back channel's who makes the just the carbon fiber shell for the S/L euro seats, and just buy the shell and then have it padded and upholstered where

ever you like. I know a couple of places that build race seats. Or maybe you could buy one fiberglass chronosport and then have someone build a copy in carbon. It's seems that are plenty of people that would like those seats.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What about a carbon wrap on the sparco seat?

That would work, but it wouldn't have the weight savings of carbon. I'm just trying to ask if there is a way around Lambo and their stupidity on those seats. If I owned lambo I wouldn't sell them through U.S dealers. But at 8K apeice I'd make sure that after my US customers bought the the US version that there would be a way that they could get the seats from Europe after the sale. Well

anyways I do like the new IMSA seats I wonder who makes them. http://www.lambocars.com/highres/imsa_gall...c26d77aa43c0103

That would work, but it wouldn't have the weight savings of carbon. I'm just trying to ask if there is a way around Lambo and their stupidity on those seats. If I owned lambo I wouldn't sell them through U.S dealers. But at 8K apeice I'd make sure that after my US customers bought the the US version that there would be a way that they could get the seats from Europe after the sale. Well

anyways I do like the new IMSA seats I wonder who makes them. http://www.lambocars.com/highres/imsa_gall...c26d77aa43c0103

those imsa seats look like european porsche 997 gt3 seats that have been reupholstered

those imsa seats look like european porsche 997 gt3 seats that have been reupholstered

yeap those are the 997 gt3 seats. i got them in my porsche and i love them! some pics.

IMG_3512.jpg

IMG_3515.jpg

IMG_3517.jpg

seats12006.jpg

The sparco seats are not heavy, at 17 pounds each, they should save roughly 80-100 lbs off weight. I checked the dimensions, and they fit, except we need to make our mounting hardware for it, which anyone can do it

• 1 year later...

Are there any air bag issues with swapping out seats? I am trying to find a set up that will allow me to wear a helmet in my lp-550. My head rubs against the headliner with the stock seats. I'm thinking SPARCOs

I wish the SL seats could be reclined and adjusted. I would love an 08 SL but the seats just don't work for me being so tall since they are fixed.

IMG_0989.JPG

Here's a shot of the set up..

LemDog, will the roll bar prevent the seat to go all the way back? I mean will the seat go further back if roll bar is not installed?

Thanks,

Man those 670 knock off seats look amazing. but I am nervous about purchasing a seat from a relativly unknown supplier. At least with the Sparco/Recaro there are OEM ties and Countless race application. At least in my case I want a sport seat in my G to allow me to fit with a helmet on. Id only have the helmet on to be an the track. The seat needs to be strong and functional first even over looking stock IMO :).

Man those 670 knock off seats look amazing. but I am nervous about purchasing a seat from a relativly unknown supplier. At least with the Sparco/Recaro there are OEM ties and Countless race application. At least in my case I want a sport seat in my G to allow me to fit with a helmet on. Id only have the helmet on to be an the track. The seat needs to be strong and functional first even over looking stock IMO :).

They are legit, brought good made carbon mirror, side skirt in twill dry carbon from them. No idea on the seat tho..

Always buy thru local reseller tho... They take care all the shxt !!

The other problem is that they only make the seat track for the Murci... Anyone know of an aftermarket company that makes the seat tracks/sliders? I only know of Technocraft and I think they are proprietary to their carbon seats.

LemDog, will the roll bar prevent the seat to go all the way back? I mean will the seat go further back if roll bar is not installed?

Thanks,

No issue with the roll bar...doesn't come in contact!

I actually found a shop that does this local to me. Looks like I am going to put Tillet b1 seats in the 550-2 will take pics and provide update when the get in.

The other problem is that they only make the seat track for the Murci... Anyone know of an aftermarket company that makes the seat tracks/sliders? I only know of Technocraft and I think they are proprietary to their carbon seats.

Are there more details available on the rollbar (mounting points, availability, cost, etc)?

First the car has to be ordered "track prepared" in order to install the roll bar. I found mine on EBay from a dealer...not sure what I paid but figure 5 k anyway...mounting parts was another 1k and probably another 1-1.5 for install as they had to instructions or diagrams at the dealer and the factory wasn't super helpful

Super pain in the ass but now with the carbon seats and the bar, it was worth it.

First the car has to be ordered "track prepared" in order to install the roll bar. I found mine on EBay from a dealer...not sure what I paid but figure 5 k anyway...mounting parts was another 1k and probably another 1-1.5 for install as they had to instructions or diagrams at the dealer and the factory wasn't super helpful

Super pain in the ass but now with the carbon seats and the bar, it was worth it.

Hmm, doesn't sound like my cup of tea then. Thanks for the info though. Curious what the 'track prepared' means.

lemdog how hard was it to install these seats? what brackets did you use?

Seats use same rails....no issue

What about the air bags on the seats? Any air bag light on the cluster??

Installation is very easy. As LamDog said, the rails are identical. Unscrew 4 bolts, unplugged 3 sockets and the old seats are cleared to be taken out. You can seal off the sockets with electrical tape, adhesive heat-shrink wrap etc...

As to the airbags, the sport seats comes with a pair of plugs that have build-in resistors in them to fool the monitoring circuit; they simply plug into the sockets and that's it. Tighten back the 4 bolts and you are good to go.

Those sport seats that were shown on the previous page from my last car are for sale (the current 570SL comes with the sport seats). They aren't cheap but it saves the hassle of getting them from outside of N. America. Send me a PM if anyone's interested.