How do you turn on fog lights, and which ones are they?

achilles99

Still learning my Murc.

When I press the foglight button, the headlights turn on (assuming the headlights are switched off a the stalk). High beams don't stay on but will flash on if I move stalk.

If I turn the headlights on via the stalk, nothing happens when I press the fog light button (hi beam will flash or stay on using stalk). Is something else supposed to happen? Are the foglights the inner lights on the headlamp units? The low beam and high beam seem to both function off of the same outer light bulbs. I can't get the inner bulbs to turn on. Can someone describe how their lights work, and/or if I need new fog lights/ballasts?

Also, what does the rear foglight button on the dash supposed to light up? Manual says that it'll turn on rear fog lamps, but I'm not sure what those are.

If you are in the US the rear fogs will not work as I think they are illegal.

The front fogs are the two inner pair of projector lights in the headlight cluster, my button will turn everything on also (head and fog) the fogs should turn off when you use high beam.

Russell

If you are in the US the rear fogs will not work as I think they are illegal.

The front fogs are the two inner pair of projector lights in the headlight cluster, my button will turn everything on also (head and fog) the fogs should turn off when you use high beam.

Russell

Well, I checked the fuse box and for some reason the fog light fuse was missing! So, I put a new one in and all is good. The fog lights are a little yellowish, though. Has anyone replaced them with xenons or whiter light?

• 6 years later...
I'm on this now with my LP640, what are the fog light bulbs? I can't figure out what they are anywhere online.

Thanks

I didn't realize you got a Murci. Pics?

I didn't realize you got a Murci. Pics?

Coming soon...working on some stuff in the garage now :)

I didn't realize Murcies had fog lamps

LOL, me neither until my buddy pointed out it had some bulbs on the inside of the head lights. I can't find the bulb size ANYWHERE.

• 6 years later...

The rear Fog lights don't work in my US Murcielago LP640. All fuses and relay are operational.