Search for an Urraco

schnage

Hello my name is markus, ilive in germany, and i am serching for an urraco, maybe a good car for restauration. i know a urraco restaurtion could be expensive, but i have time to search for parts an can do all work by myself. in germany i am a car mechanic with a titel calles meist, i dont know you know what i mean....

i some one heard abaut a urraco for sale in the us or somwhere els, please give me a hint!

[email protected]

I would look for a completed car, that does not need any type of work.

I think you will save money, if you find a car that needs nothing.

Take a look at Post # 12.

I believe the Jalpa, is priced around the same amount as the Urraco ?

The Jalpa and Urraco both have a Lamborghini V-8.

http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=39740

The parts are expensive and scarce.

Perhaps you can contact a few long time Urraco owners in the U.S., and ask if they know of any cars for sale ? Lamborghini auto clubs / ebay / Lamborghini chat boards ?

Jfrazar is going to kill me, but he has a 73 euro Urracoo *15176*, a euro 83 jalpa *12095* and an 85 Coutnach 5000S. he may be interested in selling his Urraco.

send Jfrazar a PM. he is a car dealer, and has sold cars outside of the USA before ( we have a big Port here in Savannah Georgia).

we are part of a small car club, and all of us change our cars often.

life is too short to have a " relationship" with a car. :)

post-3289-1260759067_thumb.jpg

I have had my urraco from 2001 untill present, and my advice is to buy the best car on the market.. The value is still pretty low, and you can get a great car for a good price.. I bought the car for aprox 16 000 euro in 2001 and had a major service and some problems with clutch and differential last year.. I spent about 10 000 euro on this.. with overhauled carbs and new fuelhoses, new exhaust and timingbelts, bearings. Now i have a blown headgasket, and the job will aproximately be around 2000 euros depending on changing valves to stainless or not..

And after that I still need work on the rear suspension.. So Its not about what you need to do, its about when to stop..

Urracos are really beautifull cars.. I am thinking of selling my car after the headhgasket job, but i really dont want to because they are a blast to drive.. I have a Ferrari Testarossa as well, but to be honest, i have mutch more fun driving my Urraco.. I still do have a problem as I have 5 vintage cars and dont want to sell any of them.. ;) Its really 2 too mutch..

Cheers

Daniel

Buy a driver, which may be a little rough. These cars are so easy to work on yourself. Parts are "somewhat" available but much better to fix up than a Jalpa. Lots of crossover parts. For example, I used 4 strut inserts from a 90's VW Corrado, simple to do.

No complete restorations.

my Urraco costed me 24k € and i don't regret paying that much...never had a problem with it....

post-10482-1260806362_thumb.jpg

Diogo,

24k is a low price for a such a good one in Europe today

you got a good deal i think

Hi Markus,

have a look at www.mobile.de. There are 10 Urracos for sale at the moment, 3 in Germany, 7 in other european countries. Good luck!

Tony

Buy a driver, which may be a little rough. These cars are so easy to work on yourself. Parts are "somewhat" available but much better to fix up than a Jalpa. Lots of crossover parts. For example, I used 4 strut inserts from a 90's VW Corrado, simple to do.

No complete restorations.

I am searching for replasment struts.. Insert struts in the mcphearson? 90's vw corrado? How did that work out?? harder or softer suspention than original?

cheers Daniel

I'll post a new thread on the strut.