Gallardo owner with blown engine

Guest skokos

Rob,

Is that member Luxeous's old car by any chance?? If so I remember when that car was for sale because of how much I wanted it, haha. :) A TT build sounds like a great option in this scenario, but I can also understand your friends intent to just get it back on the road and driveable again. Its gotta be a killer to have a Gallardo you cant drive!!!

Keep us posted! :icon_pidu:

QUOTE (4xchamp @ Dec 17 2009, 05:44 PM)

What about a used engine ? It's a possibility worth exploring .

I'm sure there's one out there .

Definitely worth looking into but neither I nor him would know where to search

What about these links:

http://www.automotix.net/usedengines/2005-...-inventory.html

http://---Visit our Lambo Power sponsors---/xq/asp...rtslistings.htm

Rob,

Is that member Luxeous's old car by any chance?? If so I remember when that car was for sale because of how much I wanted it, haha. :) A TT build sounds like a great option in this scenario, but I can also understand your friends intent to just get it back on the road and driveable again. Its gotta be a killer to have a Gallardo you cant drive!!!

Yeah that's Luxeous's ex G, Amazing Ride, Love the Combo!!!

Guest Lambostuff

I am having a talk with Alex and Jason on this, becuase someone has put a filter on our domains, this is why both links above do not work "They replace the domain with "Visit our Lambopower sponsors" anyway thsi site is run free and the domain name is REMOVE the dashes & spaces here but Used - Lamborghini - Parts -- Dot com. as far as I know they still have it, only uses here is getting one of these in the US and clearing EPA.. I have had a few issues here and the only success was when it cme crated and marked as Automotive parts... but if the crate is poped with an engine in it customs can send it back without the 2 miles of paperwork that has to accompany Engines, Chassis and cars from outside counties.

Guest skokos
Is he wanting a Countach? I could take his in trade and I would have his fixed.

I think hes looking to get into a Murci after the G but I will pass on the word!

Rob,

Yes It is Luxeous's old car and I have definitely told him doing a TT would be awesome,we will see what he decides

How much as is if he wants to sell it?

I will ask

We have 3 Gallardo Engines from LOC if it helps.

Yes,do you have a direct contact number?

Here is a used engine for 9k located in SF

http://www.another board.com/vbforum/f1...do-motor-13349/

That looks like a good lead! Ill give it a try

Guest Lambostuff
Yes,do you have a direct contact number?

It's in my signature line below.... email is the fastest contact for me as I am in and out all the time. sales@please check with our franchised lamborghini dealer sponsors.com

wow this thread makes me sick to my stomach, hope it turns out well.

I would suggest the tt mod as well but D is trying to beat me to a VI 640 roadster I think hahaha. :)

Hey man, good to see you again. Is this your old car?

wow this thread makes me sick to my stomach, hope it turns out well.

I would suggest the tt mod as well but D is trying to beat me to a VI 640 roadster I think hahaha. :)

If he suspects bent valves, then I would suggest removing the affected cylinder head and seeing how bad the damage is. It's possible that new valves, guides, and seats would solve the problem. This is a relatively common problem on superbike engines when they are over-revved, and maybe this is what happened to your friends car.

Just a sugestion.....cheaper than a replacement engine!! :)

Hook up with Eurospares. I'm sure they have some contacts for a used engine. It wouldn't cost too much for a good low mileage. I was quoted US$32000 for a Murcie engine with just 7K miles in 07 & I'm sure it's a lot cheaper for Gallardo by now.

The Gallardo has an over-rev limiter built in to prevent this, unless he downshifted in wrong gear for a manual. He should get a serious inspection into what went wrong & claim it! :D