2010 F1 thread

capt_chaos

Yeah but you have to admit Alonso IS the best driver on the grid (he proved that last year in a piss-poor car). Albeit by not much margin, the cast of drivers is at a VERY high level this season.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol2: Left field award goes to.........

You are forgetting that the grid includes Schuey, how many world championships?

Anyway gossip from a friend of a friend that has been partially confirmed by a french newspaper.

Eric Boullier is in discussions with Proton (owners of the Group Lotus) over a possible sponsorship deal for next season. However, he claims he is also in contact with other potential sponsors.

Rumours are that Lotus changing their name to drop out of the Cosworth engine deal to get Renault engines are now looking at a third change to take over the Renault team which is Renault engines and Renault name but not actually Renault.

Alonso is gonna win, as much as I can't stand it. As long as Webber doesn't win, I'm happy. I really liked him as a driver until this season when he actually became a contender, peoples true colors come out when they're in the thick of it.

Vettel may have pulled some shit in Turkey, but Webber should have moved over, he had been passed at that time, it was over. Then, he simply drives into Lewis in Singapore, a sign of desperation.

Webber is a mirror image of Coulthard in his final year. They're old, haven't really accomplished anything, and getting blown out by a teenager.

It kills your pride, but that's the name of he game.

Asked whether he is confident, Alonso said: "One hundred per cent. I just need to finish second. It doesn't matter who wins in Abu Dhabi if I finish second. So the main goal for us is to be on pole on Saturday and then win the race on Sunday.

"If we cannot do that, if we are not quick enough, then we will try to be second. With that, the problem is finished.

How did that work out?

Boring race though.

Yeah, the once FA covered MW's pitstop the only exciting thing was the chance/hope that someones engine let go.

Even though I wanted MW to win it, at least it was FA!

Congrats to Red Bull and SV (will we see a road car in a couple of years lol),

Stewards Enquiry: Alonso's car found to be underweight following toys from pram throwing incident after race. :D

YES!!! Went exactly how I wanted it to go!

And Alonso, please you irritating little piece of fcuking pussy, stop moaning as you can't drive a shit.

I am pretty sure this is Alonso with a wig too:

LOL best comment, that is hilarious!

MotorsportMonster 67 :icon_thumleft:

"Alonso, Petrov is faster than you- can you confirm you understood that message? Hahaha!!"

• 1 month later...

168417.jpg

24 Dec 2010

Kimi Räikkönen's father, Matti Raikkonen, has suddenly passed away at the age of 56. The sad news had a huge impact on the Finnish family of former Formula 1 world champion Kimi Raikkonen.

Matti Räikkönen was the most important person behind Kimi Räikkönen's career in motorsports. He supported both of his sons as they enjoyed racing in several series.

Former Ferrari F1 driver and country fellow Mika Salo was quoted as saying: “Matti (Räikkönen) was Kimi's biggest supporter right from the beginning of his career on four wheels. Without Matti there would be no Kimi. There are not many fathers that have helped as much as Matti has.”

• 1 month later...