2010 F1 thread

capt_chaos

I thought we could have one long thread on this rolling throughout the year with predictions and race results etc.

I figured that with the calender up (See here) there are no excuses for missing out on the races.

On paper a cracker of a season ahead with the chin back and some seriously strong team line ups.

So what are your predictions?

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the casual fans, someone needs to do a master team/driver list that is updated for this thread. I don't know who the hell is driving for whom, who retired, who is doing WRC instead of F1, or whose famous girlfriend I should be cyberstalking in the pits.

There we go. Wow, wtf is "Force India", yeah they're going to do REAL well...As is "USF1". :lol2: :lol2:

Good link capt, perfect. But if you ever use the word "again" in a response to one of my posts, I will make you clean the moderator bathroom after Romandad pays it a visit. :icon_thumleft:

I am so looking forward to this season!

SO many changes, not only with teams and driver but with rules and races.

I dont like the no fueling idea at all.

No wheel covers or kers

Heres the drivers list I put together real quick

Mclaren

Louis Hamilton, Jensen Button

Mercedes GP

Schuey, Nico Rosburg

Red Bull

Sabastien Vettel, Mark Webber

Ferrari

Fernando Alonso , Felippe Massa

Renault

Robert Kubica, Unknown

Force India

Adrian Sutil, Vitantino Liuzzis

Torro Rosso

Sabastien Bouemi, Unkown

Lotus

Jarno Trulli, Hekki Kovalinan

Campos

Bruno Senna, Unknown

Virgin Racing

Timo Glock, Lucas Di’Grassi

US F1

No drivers announced yet

The new cars should be unveiled very very soon

The no-refuelling thing works to Button's advantage in my opinion, he's pretty conservative with his car.

I think it will be Mercedes' year though, whether Schumacher's on form or not. Brawn with a bank account!

Do we know if Mercedes are still supplying McLaren engines, by the way? And if so, for how long?

I am also really looking forward to this season.

So many changes and less 'familiarity' than we are accustomed to seeing.

There we go. Wow, wtf is "Force India", yeah they're going to do REAL well...As is "USF1". :lol2: :lol2:

Good link capt, perfect. But if you ever use the word "again" in a response to one of my posts, I will make you clean the moderator bathroom after Romandad pays it a visit. :icon_thumleft:

It is surprisingly spacious in there... :icon_thumleft:

Force India started to come good last year then they shipped their best driver off to Ferrari to take the injured Massa's spot. They utilised the monster Merc engine to good use.

The driver I am actually curious about is Kamui Kobayashi who put in some interesting drives in the last couple of races last season.

Schumacher? All hype?

I'm actually somewhat excited to see what comes out of N.C. with USF1. I pray it won't be another "scott speed experiment."

There is some potential there and from the few things I've read and a couple of different sources there is no short changing or cutting corners from what I can see.

They'll be testing at Skip Barber (FIA OK'd) in February. I'm sure they will have their fare share of kinks. Drivers announcements are coming soon, but until then, it's all speculation on how good they'll be.

I wish them the best of luck and will root for them to atleast win one or two this year. I doubt they'll be the "American Brawn."

Do we know if Mercedes are still supplying McLaren engines, by the way? And if so, for how long?

"As part of a deal that will see the McLaren Group buy back Mercedes's 40% shareholding by 2011, the German company will continue to supply free engines and sponsorship to the team for at least the next six years."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsport...one/8362295.stm

My title favorites: Hamilton, Alonso, Vettel

On paper the most promising season for a long while....

The driver I am actually curious about is Kamui Kobayashi who put in some interesting drives in the last couple of races last season.

Too right! (though I suspect if he's doing a full season he'll be more inclined to play the numbers game than try and win every GP on every lap...)

Schumacher? All hype?

WHAT !!!! No way !

I'm watching Kobayshi, Schumacher, Vettel, Hulkenberg and Senna.

Obviously, I think Schumi will be in the top 3 every race, if not winning. Ferrari will have a strong team, as they've been developing for awhile now. As will McLaren. Jenson is fast, but he had a winning combo last year (great car/engine and Ross Brawn). I think he'll be in the dust behind Lewis.

Nico Rosberg is a good driver. Hopefully he can utilize the winning combo of Mercedes/Ross Brawn, and be right behind Schumi. He's one to watch.

I'm more interested in chassis and engine development, really. Take a team like Ferrari last year, who had a shit car and management, versus Brawn GP, who won because of the engine and management, not the driver. Teams that spend more time and have the winning mix of chassis, engine, and management will be quickest. Most of the drivers that I've named are all within .10's of a second of each other.

Should be a really interesting season.

Based off of last season, I would have thought Vettel and Hamilton would battle it out for the title. Now it's very difficult to say who is a clear favorite. Button will be out to better his new teammate and vice-versa. Schumi will be very strong for Mercedes. Vettel and Red Bull will be strong. Alonso will be great if Ferrari gets the car on point because I believe he is a damn good driver.

This season will be interesting with the no refueling, possible new points system (I heard they had changed it but were thinking of changing it again? Anyone with info want to clarify) Which of the new teams will breakout or hopefully make it to Bahrain. This won't be a season to miss!

Ladies and Gentlemen

Romandad and I have just been testing out a feature that will be great for this thread. Last year some of dashingly handsome UK guys posted race spoilers in here which quite rightly upset some people.

When you reply and you talk about a race and it is genuinely obvious that some people will not see it because of time-zones please be considerate and use the spoiler option.

What you do is click Post reply and then in **insert special item** there is an insert spoiler option, type your spoiler text in there.

Ladies and Gentlemen

Romandad and I have just been testing out a feature that will be great for this thread. Last year some of dashingly handsome UK guys posted race spoilers in here which quite rightly upset some people.

When you reply and you talk about a race and it is genuinely obvious that some people will not see it because of time-zones please be considerate and use the spoiler option.

What you do is click Post reply and then in **insert special item** there is an insert spoiler option, type your spoiler text in there.

Ya. When I wake up on race day I can't check my phone, facebook, LPower, or anywhere because the race coverage is already over. I live in DVR-timezone, whenever I can get to it, I watch it. And nothing is worse than knowing who won already!

Ya. When I wake up on race day I can't check my phone, facebook, LPower, or anywhere because the race coverage is already over. I live in DVR-timezone, whenever I can get to it, I watch it. And nothing is worse than knowing who won already!

The real Stig would get his ass up and watch each race live :P

Schumacher is back that's all it matters!

Should be the one of the best seasons in F1 history.

and hold on, Bruno Senna? Is he the newphew of "THE SENNA"?

Schumacher is back that's all it matters!

Should be the one of the best seasons in F1 history.

and hold on, Bruno Senna? Is he the newphew of "THE SENNA"?

I'll give Schumacher this, he's training properly, and he is making the best chance for his success at a comeback.

As far as how will the competition hold up against him? I'm not sure. I don't realistically see him destroying the opposition, it'll be a lot of close races and neck and neck finishes. Will he be 8 time world champion at the end of the year? No idea, but it will definitely be worth watching!

I'll give Schumacher this, he's training properly, and he is making the best chance for his success at a comeback.

As far as how will the competition hold up against him? I'm not sure. I don't realistically see him destroying the opposition, it'll be a lot of close races and neck and neck finishes. Will he be 8 time world champion at the end of the year? No idea, but it will definitely be worth watching!

Ferrari are going to be strong this year. To ignore the last part of last season to focus on developing a car and then sit two strong drivers in the seats indicates that they will mean business.

I am intrigued by the car that McLaren will put out though, relatively strong towards the end of the season but hampered by inconsistent driving. No other team in the history of F1 have had a world champions from the last two years from the same nation; uninteresting fact I know.

1st of Feb will be the start of the test days in Barca. Then we will know who is going to be the strongest.

He's going to have a very very hard time out there. so many young talented drivers in this season, also I am expecting at least 3-4 teams to have very competitive cars.

For last 5 World Champion title he gained, he had the best cars( most of time, was miles ahead of others and the only real competition was Mclaren).

Be great to see What Shumacher can do with out Ferrari!