2010 F1 thread

capt_chaos

Didn't he break his back in a motorcycle accident? That may have some bearing on his fitness and physical limitations.

Neck injury during motorcycle race. I thought he was "cleared" for F1 this season. But that could just be a sign-off to please the FIA. I'm sure he's still going to be sore.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neck injury during motorcycle race. I thought he was "cleared" for F1 this season. But that could just be a sign-off to please the FIA. I'm sure he's still going to be sore.

My cynical mind went into overdrive today.

Schumacher's doctor said the following.

"The nicest thing is that Michael can focus completely on his driving," Peil told AFP.

"Nothing is bothering him, he doesn't feel constrained or bothered. We already had this impression during the preparation period and this impression was confirmed after the first 40 laps."

Now if Schumacher is fine why does the doc need to pay a visit to the circuit and why is Schumacher himself not saying it?

Then said

"The situations are different - this summer, the return date wasn't chosen by Michael and his team, this time we've been able to prepare calmly,"

Something is not quite right in my mind.

As for Day three. Well Schumacher got third fastest and Alonso got fastest. But how quick are they really because the time sheets not telling us the full story.

This article cuts through some of that

• 3 weeks later...
f1-2010-gen-tm-0192.jpg

f1-2010-gen-tm-0199.jpg

f1-2010-gen-tm-0167.jpg

f1-2010-gen-tm-0197.jpg

f1-2010-gen-tm-0195.jpg

That thing looks loooong.

Everything but the rear diffuser has been shown.

Pardon my ignorance, but: What is the "Barcode" design that Ferrari always has on their car across the top, looks like just space filler?

Pardon my ignorance, but: What is the "Barcode" design that Ferrari always has on their car across the top, looks like just space filler?

Marlboro advertisement.

Marlboro advertisement.

:iamwithstupid:

It is the way Malboro gets around the ban on Tobacco advertising.

How much longer are these cars compared to last years?

So the last test, Button was quickest. :ninja:

In other news, the powers that be at Ferrari really have been reading This book

Click here

Maranello, 22nd February - Only less than three weeks to go until the ultimate form of motor sport, the Formula 1 World Championship, gets underway, while celebrating its sixtieth birthday this year. For many of the teams, this coming week is a crucial one, as the bell rings to signal the final lap, with the last test session getting underway in Barcelona. It is one last chance to run the cars on track, to push reliability to the limit and to try and find some performance. That’s the situation for many teams but not for all of them. Of the thirteen teams who signed up, or were induced to sign up, for this year’s Championship, to date only eleven of them have heeded the call, turning up on track, some later than others, and while some have managed just a few hundred kilometres, others have done more, but at a much reduced pace. As for the twelfth team, Campos Meta, its shareholder and management structure has been transformed, according to rumours which have reached the Horse Whisperer through the paddock telegraph, with a sudden cash injection from a munificent white knight, well used to this sort of last minute rescue deal. However, the beneficiaries of this generosity might find the knight in question expects them to fulfil the role of loyal vassal. All this means, it is hard to imagine the Dallara designed car showing its face at the Catalunya Circuit, with Sakhir a more likely venue to witness the return of the Senna name to a Formula 1 session.

The thirteenth team, USF1, appears to have gone into hiding in Charlotte, North Carolina, to the dismay of those like the Argentinian, Lopez, who thought he had found his way into the Formula 1 paddock, (albeit with help from chairwoman Kirchner, according to the rumours) and now has to start all over again. Amazingly, they still have the impudence to claim that everything is hunky-dory under the starry stripy sky.

Next, we have the Serbian vultures. Firstly, they launched themselves into a quixotic legal battle with the FIA, then they picked the bones of Toyota on its death bed. Having got some people on board, around whom there was still a whiff of past scandals, they are now hovering around waiting to replace whoever is first to drop out of the game, possibly with backing from that very same knight in shining armour whom we mentioned earlier.

This is the legacy of the holy war waged by the former FIA president. The cause in question was to allow smaller teams to get into Formula 1. This is the outcome: two teams will limp into the start of the championship, a third is being pushed into the ring by an invisible hand – you can be sure it is not the hand of Adam Smith – and, as for the fourth, well, you would do better to call on Missing Persons to locate it. In the meantime, we have lost two constructors along the way, in the shape of BMW and Toyota, while at Renault, there’s not much left other than the name. Was it all worth it?

Setup and raring to go.

http://fantasyf1game.net/league/table/12218

I think what with the new teams in this year they have really made the budget thing nearly impossible to hit right.

I am allowing up to two teams per person this year in case of drop outs like last year.

i thought the budget was hard, and sounds good i'm gonna make my second team now

Setup and raring to go.

http://fantasyf1game.net/league/table/12218

I think what with the new teams in this year they have really made the budget thing nearly impossible to hit right.

I am allowing up to two teams per person this year in case of drop outs like last year.

For some reason it wont let me join the lambopower league

now i got it never mind

http://www.totalf1.com/full_story/view/332...ances_unveiled/

Recent uncovered details about the parent company of Stefan GP have revealed just why the FIA may have denied the team a grid slot for 2010. With its financial detail unveiled and dubious claims unraveled, the business looks like a fraud, rather than an F1 team owner.

Zoran Stefanovic, the team's owner and apparent investor, owns a Serbian engineering company named AMCO. Before supporting Stefanovic's Formula One foray Stefan GP, Cologne based Toyota Motorsport was told AMCO was involved with space and military technology.

AMCO claimed it worked with Germany's Federal Defence Force (Bundeswehr) on flight drones and contributed to the European Space Agency's orbit launch rocket Ariane 5. In fact web pages were set up to popularise this belief.

"After consulting with the system manufacturers of the drones KZO and LUNA we can confirm that in the Bundeswehr product there are no technologies of the Serbian company AMCO," said a spokesman of the German defence department Bundesamtes fur Wehrtechnik und Beschaffung to Express.

Furthermore, the financial situation of AMCO also came to light by consulting the Serbian company registry. It appears there that AMCO Corporation is a limited liability company, founded on 14/03/2008 with a capital of 500 euros (80% for Zoran Stefanovic and 20% for Vuk Stefanovic).

Going further, the company that totals one single employee, realised 3315 Euro in 2009 and a net result of 42.7 Euro.

Considering these claims, it may come to no surprise why Stefan GP was not allowed an entry into 2010.

Interesting that the real silly season is kicking off

BBC Sport's Andrew Benson in Bahrain: "There's an interesting twist to the McLaren rear wing/funnel argument. Some believe that the drivers actually have a role in making the system work. The rumour is that they can move their knees to block the airflow through the car to a degree, which would do something called 'stall' the rear wing - ie, make it work less well - thereby further increasing the car's straightline speed. During the break between sessions, I spoke to a leading engineer from a rival team, who said that if that was true, the system was in his opinion 'definitely illegal', on the basis that the drivers' knees would be affecting the airflow over the car, and would therefore effectively be a movable aerodynamic device, which are banned. Speculation is rife that one of McLaren's rivals may protest the car at the end of the race."

This is after local race stewards agreed the car is legal and...

Red Bull team principal Christian Horner has been talking to BBC 5 live Sport Extra's Holly Samos about it. He said: "It was obvious from testing McLaren were doing something different. We wanted to know if it was illegal or innovative - and apparently it's innovative. It's a little bit like the double diffuser, but nowhere near the same magnitude in terms of performance advantage. It is certainly against the intent of the regulations, but the FIA have okayed it. There is no point bleating on about it, we will all end up developing one, so we may as well get on with it. Hats off to McLaren, they have came up with it and we will all end up with derivatives of it."

Interesting that the real silly season is kicking off

BBC Sport's Andrew Benson in Bahrain: "There's an interesting twist to the McLaren rear wing/funnel argument. Some believe that the drivers actually have a role in making the system work. The rumour is that they can move their knees to block the airflow through the car to a degree, which would do something called 'stall' the rear wing - ie, make it work less well - thereby further increasing the car's straightline speed. During the break between sessions, I spoke to a leading engineer from a rival team, who said that if that was true, the system was in his opinion 'definitely illegal', on the basis that the drivers' knees would be affecting the airflow over the car, and would therefore effectively be a movable aerodynamic device, which are banned. Speculation is rife that one of McLaren's rivals may protest the car at the end of the race."

This is after local race stewards agreed the car is legal and...

Red Bull team principal Christian Horner has been talking to BBC 5 live Sport Extra's Holly Samos about it. He said: "It was obvious from testing McLaren were doing something different. We wanted to know if it was illegal or innovative - and apparently it's innovative. It's a little bit like the double diffuser, but nowhere near the same magnitude in terms of performance advantage. It is certainly against the intent of the regulations, but the FIA have okayed it. There is no point bleating on about it, we will all end up developing one, so we may as well get on with it. Hats off to McLaren, they have came up with it and we will all end up with derivatives of it."

Wild to say the least.

Oooh the knee thing is not to silly it seems.

It is to do with a scoop in front of the cockpit above where the driver's knees are.

1268339024.jpg

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/82013

FIA have deemed it legal but appeals from Williams, Lotus, Renault and guess who... Ferrari are expected after the race.

Also it was agreed that the wheel covers from last year were not to be used. Ferrari have turned up with some v-shaped trims on their wheels.

Also BBC cameras have shown that Williams have Senna's logo on the front wing just under the nose. Nice touch that.

Qualification is now open!

Alonso just got smoked, Massa killed him when it counted the most. Great quali session, but this track is about as boring as it gets, Albert Park should be more fun.