Switzer or Gemballa

Kiwak03

Hey guys,jus wanna noe yr opinion...

which tuning company would u send yr Porsche??

swiss cheese or Gemballa....

opinions would b appreciated...many thanks

Gembella for the bodykit and swiss cheese for the performance. Best of both worlds :icon_thumleft:

I'd choose Techart for the bodykit :)

Gembella for the bodykit and swiss cheese for the performance. Best of both worlds :icon_thumleft:

so performancewise...swiss cheese wil b the way to go....

thanks

What's your car and goals? That should determine a lot of it. Best of luck though.

stock 09 GT3 (manual)

was looking at the gt800r frm Gemballa.....but saw swiss cheese's cars which are very impressive too.

stock 09 GT3 (manual)

was looking at the gt800r frm Gemballa.....but saw swiss cheese's cars which are very impressive too.

If people on here are endorsing swiss cheese, then it's probably a safe bet. I'd go with whatever company you like better if price isn't a factor. Post some picture of the ride, and let us know what you decide!

thanks allan
No need to thank.. swiss cheese AND EVOMS are the ONLY 2 places to turn to for Porsche mods.. Heard only good things about both, and the swiss cheese 750 Tip is balls out the best car out there.

swiss cheese for power hands down. I cant wait to see what tiny tym does with the new 997.2 PDK! A P800 on one of those will be the ultimate street car...(if the trans and engine can hold the pwr).

no doubt swiss cheese... tiny tym builds crazy fast dependable cars top notch workmanship..

swiss cheese brought some cars down to Columbus Cars and Coffee last year, their mods look and perform great! I'd recommend them based on that, and the fact they are in Ohio (biased!)

No need to thank.. swiss cheese AND EVOMS are the ONLY 2 places to turn to for Porsche mods.. Heard only good things about both, and the swiss cheese 750 Tip is balls out the best car out there.

Ruf imho are the 'best' out there as a.) They now have their own heritage and experience with it, and b.) They rework a great deal of the car.....way way more than the rest. You have to pay for it.....but you also get it back....unlike the rest.

Ruf imho are the 'best' out there as a.) They now have their own heritage and experience with it, and b.) They rework a great deal of the car.....way way more than the rest. You have to pay for it.....but you also get it back....unlike the rest.

RUF :gay: Overpriced and underperforming caca

Nonsense, that would be the SLR !!! :P Take every car Ruf has produced at the time they have produced it and the results speak for the themselves....not to mention the reworking element.....

CTR1.... dominated at launch.

CTR2.... " "

CTR3....lets wait to see.

Oh....and the little RT12 was somewhat faster than the CGT's, SLR, 640....if I remember correctly.....

In fact, I would put money down that a well set up CTR1....would still take a modern lambo on a roll....

Nonsense, that would be the SLR !!! :P Take every car Ruf has produced at the time they have produced it and the results speak for the themselves....not to mention the reworking element.....

CTR1.... dominated at launch.

CTR2.... " "

CTR3....lets wait to see.

Oh....and the little RT12 was somewhat faster than the CGT's, SLR, 640....if I remember correctly.....

In fact, I would put money down that a well set up CTR1....would still take a modern lambo on a roll....

We are talking about modified Porsches... Where in the land of modded Porsches... the RUFS are all bottom of the barrell. And if you wanna talk lambo.. lets talk modded Lambo to modded Porsche.. where a simple bolt on TTg would decimate ANY Ruf.

I'm surprised at your comments Allan, jesting aside you are usually very accurate in these matters. I was under the impression the thread was relating to the 'best' of the Porsche tuners, and not simply who can make a 911 go the fastest.

I believe it is fairly unanimously agreed within the 911 fraternity that as a complete package Ruf are unsurpassed in their modification techniques. Whereas most tuners do focus on the bolt-on units, this could not be further from the truth with Ruf. You get an R&D dept. which delivers an engine which is almost entirely re-built using different materials and methods to withstand an equivalent, if not improved, life cycle at the limit. You also get the same treatment to the drivetrain, chassis, suspension, body...and so on.

This is quite unique in the world of tuning, and in the case of Ruf, very much tried and tested.

Yes you pay for it, understandably so, although there can be no mistaking they are a cut above the rest for the true 911 enthusiast.

Im sure the TT tuners such as Jason et al would hold nothing but respect for Alois Ruf and his team?

Also, although this is not their sole intensive purpose, I have no doubt if you asked Ruf to simply build a faster than the rest 911, it would not be beyond their grasp

I myself have nothing but respect for their achievements and passion over the years.

Ps. The CTR1 is 25 years old Allan....and I was referring to a modern stock Lambo, which it is indeed still faster than. Although truth be told, after 195 mph it would STILL leave your TTG standing still today.. :icon_mrgreen:

And before you retort with...."If my gearing would permit then i'd assfuck the Ruf".......kindly read the above comments. :icon_fU: