Mr. Cabron's Forbes Diablo thread

topcabron

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW... the guy who appears at :40 is either very brave, or very stupid.

Oh my fcuking god!!! I presume every other car under there, looks like TC's Diablo? Oh my.. was it a hurricane, sudden storm or?

Jason, sorry to read this. It will be interesting to see what the insurance company does. Have you gone on please check with our franchised lamborghini dealer sponsors.com to get pricing on the windows and rear bumper? I am assuming the insurance would try to you a company like dent busters for many of them but you can fight it possibly to have some of the panels replaced with new panels to raise the cost of fixing.

My guess, it is all speculation, on what the Ins co., will and will not do. Unless of course, someone has experience as an insurance adjuster with exotic autos.

The car has plenty of dings and pings, broken glass and other minor cuts and scrapes. If the Ins Co., wants to fix the car correctly, it will cost a lot of money. Example: If the car is taken to the local authorized dealer, and the dealer submits a repair estimate to restore the car, it will cost more than the car is valued at - before the damage. If the Ins co., wants to save money, it can be fixed cheap and it will probably look cheap. You cannot match the paint.

If the policy holder does not like the settlement offered by the Ins co., he will have some options.

A little late, but sorry to hear about this, man. I hope it all works out for you in the end.

I shed a tear for you and all who have been devastated by this event. I hope that you can find an automotive majician to bring your car back to the way it has been appreciated. There are quite a few artisans in the business who can most likely return your original metal to original condition without filler. I admire that art and think if you find one, it's worth videotaping and posting here. Your car looks like it could be returned if put in the right hands. Good luck

THe desctruction is absolutely sickening. 2 Super Birds are destroyed. God the amount of super rare american muscle that was completely destroyed there is unbelievable. Steal poles and shit much have been flying everywhere!

How long till the car ends up on WRECKED EXOTICS to add to its HISTORY?

I'd take the photos down or at least copyright them, I'm sure those jackoffs might try to post it on their site.

I'd take the photos down or at least copyright them, I'm sure those jackoffs might try to post it on their site.

The photos are automatically "copyrighted" the moment the shutter is snapped....

However, there is nothing he can do to prevent them from being posted on the internet. They are NEWSWORTHY. They relate to a major NEWS STORY. First Amendment protects their distribution.

Yeah not to threadjack but how do you get wreckedexotics to remove pictures of your car?

2gallardo_20091015_001.jpg

Have you tried emailling them?

Yeah not to threadjack but how do you get wreckedexotics to remove pictures of your car?

You can email them, but in most cases, they dont have to do anything....

Hey Jason, Let me know if I can help out. I have assisted others in similar situations regarding values in totalled vehicles, and also diminshed value when a car is fixed.

my father sent me this today as he is into the classic muscle and has 2 frame off resto muscle cars himself, but luckily for him, he didnt have cars there:

http://www.allclassicsllc.com/home/2010-ru...-steele-damages

anybody know how fast the wind was clocked at?

i am asking because some of the cars look like they were hit by high velocity projectiles, maybe that "pea gravel" that was on the ground went airborne perhaps?

i can see the pole damage, but what the hell went into / THROUGH (!) the sheet metal and through the freaking safety glass on all those cars?

the damage to some of the cars is stunning.

what a terrible loss, for all the car guys.

good luck Jason.

After looking at those pictures, it's really sad and upsetting, and the only thing that comes to mind is "Put your stuff under a roof." Nice Russo & Steel, Nice.

I couldn't make it through all those pictures. What a sad, sad end to some of those cars. Any word on R&S insurance? Knowing what I know about some of us car guys, and how persnickity some of "we" can be- and knowing that the most persnickity ones are a true PITA- this is just going to be a nightmare of epic proportions...

Some really nice cars got smashed up. Most look fixable.

This might be a stupid question but if they saw the storm coming from Cali and had a couple days warning, why didn't they move the cars under a roof? I don't know anything about this situation, just an observation...but now they have some serious problems to deal with.

I'm sorry to hear about your car Jason.

The winds were clocked on 70-80.... The holes are from the poles and sticks from the tent, both large and small, which would have more velocity from falling than the wind.

It was not pea gravel. I am kind of baffled that someone would think that….

The insurance responsibility lies with the car’s owner….I know that some people feel that it is Russo and steels. It isn’t.

As far as “why tents…? Where’s the roof?” You’re kidding right? Have your seen the “tents” BJ is under a tent also…..and while they are only 2-3 miles away, the eye of the storm happened to be right where R&S was set up.

While I am not trying to lessen the staggering loss of property….some of it really priceless…I just can’t believe or understand why everyone always feels the need to place blame and accountability…

IT WAS A FUCKIN STORM THAT EVERYONE KNEW WAS COMING!!! If you where worried, you had like 12-18 hours to move your car.

The insurance responsibility lies with the car’s owner….I know that some people feel that it is Russo and steels. It isn’t.

IT WAS A FUCKIN STORM THAT EVERYONE KNEW WAS COMING!!! If you where worried, you had like 12-18 hours to move your car.

in relation to your first point if that's the case that's ridiculous, when on their premises the stock should be insured along with having public liability cover, I would NEVER take my property on the premises of a business that's not insured.

I took many cars to auctions here and once I gave them the keys the cars were insured by the auction house.

Your second point, are you kidding me? Some of these guys waited months for this auction, I assume the auction house in question is fairly reputable hence the rare cars that were on offer ( I don't live in the states please pardon my ignorance) when you deal with a reputable company you expected them to take adequate measures in storing and protecting your goods. I wouldn't be running to pull my car out few hours before a major auction because the rain is coming, would you? Seriously ?

I am quite sure the auction house will come to the party and compensate the owners trough their insurance.

If not hold a salvage auction and get it over and done with, we should all be happy that no lives were lost, metal can be fixed!

The winds were clocked on 70-80.... The holes are from the poles and sticks from the tent, both large and small, which would have more velocity from falling than the wind.

It was not pea gravel. I am kind of baffled that someone would think that….

As far as “why tents…? Where’s the roof?” You’re kidding right? Have your seen the “tents” BJ is under a tent also…..and while they are only 2-3 miles away, the eye of the storm happened to be right where R&S was set up.

While I am not trying to lessen the staggering loss of property….some of it really priceless…I just can’t believe or understand why everyone always feels the need to place blame and accountability…

Legally, everything youve written after "Pea Gravel" is 100% BULLSHIT.....

And I can re write that in big bold font if you need me to.....

Here:

YOU'RE FULL OF SHIT