Mr. Cabron's Forbes Diablo thread

topcabron

I was let in early this morning to see my car at the Russo and Steele auction.

I was hopeful, but cautious. Well, the worst has happened (considering its just a car).

There is not one panel that has not been affected. There are so many bumps, dings, nicks, scrapes, rips, gouges. Its amazing how beat up this car is. The glass is completely shattered.

I feel so bad.....not for me but for the Lamborghini community. I feel like a piece of automotive history has disappeared. I somehow feel like I let all of you down. Why I feel this way is unclear.

Now, its up to the insurance company to unravel how to proceed. My guess is the car is done. I would rather have the car than the money. I should never had put the car in the auction. But, I cant go back, so I have to sort out my own discomfort.

I am open to suggestions. Never been through anything like this.

sorry to see/hear all that :(

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry to see/hear all that :(

Yeah, you seem real broken up about it.....

I didnt like your signature.... Too much going on in it... Including the link you fucked up.... Its gone now.... Dont put it back in there....

Yeah, you seem real broken up about it.....

I didnt like your signature.... Too much going on in it... Including the link you fucked up.... Its gone now.... Dont put it back in there....

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

The major problem with this whole thing is going to come down to a very amorphous part of the law, and that is diminished value. If the owners are smart, they'll hire one single law firm to represent all of the bailors. Due to the collectible nature of many of these cars, diminished value could be huge.

Even if they are fixable (and I don't want to address any of that) you are talking about an astounding % of value lost because of the repairs.

I do not envy R&S legal team right now.

I dont envy R&S period! Like it was said earlier...either they settle quickly and painlessly to pay for it, or thier business is completely fucked!

top carbon

my friend was there with you (carmine genovese) he had the green cuda

he said to contact this attorney, he is handling a lot of other people's cars

Daryl M Williams

602 568 7451

602 256 9400

tell him carmine genovese reffered you

i was thinking that all of us have the potential to loose out on this. If say Hagerty, and other small classic car insurance companies have to pay out to keep thier clients happy, then they will have to raise the rates on ALL of our cars across the board.

we all loose.

Did anyone notice the little red wagon in the middle of the picture. I wonder if it was damaged I remember that truck from back when I was a little kid.

That's not a real auction folks, neither is the one in the other link. They're both websites owned by a car dealer in NY that get's you to sign up with their company and bid on cars that are in REAL car auctions. Once you bid, they turn around and bid at the real auction (obviously for less than what you bid on their site) and they turn around and sell you the car at a profit.

Perfect example, look at this Porsche on their site:

http://www.ezsalvage.com/product_detail.php?vid=9513050

and now look at it at the real insurance auction where it's actually sitting:

http://www.copart.com/c2/homeSearch.html?_...=SEARCH_RESULTS

That's not a real auction folks, neither is the one in the other link. They're both websites owned by a car dealer in NY that get's you to sign up with their company and bid on cars that are in REAL car auctions. Once you bid, they turn around and bid at the real auction (obviously for less than what you bid on their site) and they turn around and sell you the car at a profit.

Mike you truly are the Zen Master of all things automotive acquisition!

what thread did i miss...what was the story of this car?

Very basic-

Jason (TopCarbon) brings his 1991 Diablo to an auction to sell.

Huge windstorm sweeps through the area the day before the auction is set to begin.

Tents that are covering cars collapse sending huge support beams flying, damaging MANY high dollar cars; including TC's Diablo.

Insurance deems this particular car a 'total loss'.

Insurance is now selling at 'their own' auction to recoup some of their loss.

You clicked on this thread.

Very basic-

Jason (TopCarbon) brings his 1991 Diablo to an auction to sell.

Huge windstorm sweeps through the area the day before the auction is set to begin.

Tents that are covering cars collapse sending huge support beams flying, damaging MANY high dollar cars; including TC's Diablo.

Insurance deems this particular car a 'total loss'.

Insurance is now selling at 'their own' auction to recoup some of their loss.

You clicked on this thread.

had a few of those cars come to my shop and watched each one get totalled by the various insurance companies..

insurance company auction sites besides copart are www.iaai.com and www.saisc.com . All you need is a dealers license to go in to register and bid on the cars, if your into that kinda thing.

had a few of those cars come to my shop and watched each one get totalled by the various insurance companies..

insurance company auction sites besides copart are www.iaai.com and www.saisc.com . All you need is a dealers license to go in to register and bid on the cars, if your into that kinda thing.

where do you work, and what have you seen?

where do you work, and what have you seen?

I work in N. Scottsdale @ Raintree Autobody, we had a few muscle cars and a 1960 porsche come in that were totalled. I was also sent an email that had photos of all the damaged cars from the Russo catastrophe to see if we were interested in helping out the insurance companies since there were basically no databases for repair guidelines for a majority of the vehicles.

Mike have you done any business with copart? I would like to go after the Diablo but don't want to waste my time at that site if it is no good to deal with.

Mike have you done any business with copart? I would like to go after the Diablo but don't want to waste my time at that site if it is no good to deal with.

Yes, since before Copart was an online auction. BE VERY CAREFUL WHEN IT COMES TO COPART!