Acrua NSX vrs Lotus Esprit

Pantera

Which car is a better performer overall? I have always wondered which car was better and faster.

Personaly i think they are both very much underated.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Performance, is night and day, Lotus will destroy the Nsx.

Nsx has better build quality, and a much better tranny. Lotus much more fun to drive.

The Lotus should walk away on the street from a NSX ...on a race track it's another story !!!

Lotus will ruin the NSX on a track. Nsx guys think an NSX is capable of running 7.56 at the Ring, unfortunately if you watch the video, youll see thats skipping a portion of the track. It really ran an 8.09. Here you can see the test between it, and a 1999 Esprit. In 2000, the Esprit recieved much better brakes, and in 2003 the suspension is adjustable. Look at the acceleration between the 2, the Lotus Ruins the Nsx, but the Nsx kills the Esprit in braking. Buy a 2000+ Esprit and that is no longer an issue, not to mention the NSx is a stripped out car, no A/C etc, and not available in the U.S. I believe a regular U.S. Nsx ran the ring in the 8.30 sec range.

Look here:

http://www.track-challenge.com/comparison1...Car1=15&Car2=52

But still Allan i wouldn't buy a regular NSX if i wanted to smoke you on a track...:smilie:

But still Allan i wouldn't buy a regular NSX if i wanted to smoke you on a track...:smilie:
:finga: :butthead: :finga: :butthead: :finga: :butthead: :finga:

Allan, you're so negative :smilie:

PS: Why aren't my smilies working...grrrr

Dont get me wrong i love the esprit but after i saw the NSX back when it first was released well i jumped ship and forgot the about the lotus.

What about the NSX-R? Thats rumored to give a Murcielago a run for its money.

There was a lotus esprit at the track the other day. It was not fast AT ALL. You are crazy if you think a Lotus is faster on a track. Hell, they are not that much faster in a straight line. Comparing a 2003 Lotus to your 91 NSX is pretty lame, allan.

I have driven a 89 Lotus esprit SE and it was a TOTAL PIECE OF SHIT.

I would take a NSX over a Lotus ANY DAY.

There was a lotus esprit at the track the other day.  It was not fast AT ALL.  You are crazy if you think a Lotus is faster on a track.  Hell, they are not that much faster in a straight line.  Comparing a 2003 Lotus to your 91 NSX is pretty lame, allan.

I have driven a 89 Lotus esprit SE and it was a TOTAL PIECE OF SHIT.

I would take a NSX over a Lotus ANY DAY.

Whats the colour of the sky in your world rice-boy? :finga:

Whats the colour of the sky in your world rice-boy?   :finga:

I will gladly race my "rice-mobile" against you on a race track ANY TIME. But, I am sure you only know how to drive in a straight line...

Whats the colour of the sky in your world rice-boy?   :finga:

I will gladly race my "rice-mobile" against you on a race track ANY TIME. But, I am sure you only know how to drive in a straight line...

Does the mothership know they left you behind! :lol:

Netviper, i am not comparing a 91 Nsx to a 2004 Esprit. In my opinion, a 91 Esprit will still hand the early Nsx its ass in a straightline, but no doubt, that it will beat the Esprit on the track. A v8TT Esprit, will DESTROY a 3.2 Nsx. When i get home, i can show you more. As already shown above, against an NSXR which is SUBSTANTIALLY QUICKER than any U.S. legal Nsx. An Old 99 Esprit was either 2 or 3 seconds quicker to 125mph. (i cant get the link to come up). Either or, do you know what 2-3 seconds at those speeds is? Yes its MEGA Buslengths.

We know you love Nsx's, but the Esprit V8Tt, is out of its league. Actually, ill amend that, an Esprit S4s, will destroy the 3.2 Nsx also.

One thing that i do find funny though, is Nsx guys share something in common with Fcar guys. They all believe they are Mario Andretti in their driver skills, and take it to the track comments, when 99.9% of them couldnt drive well enough to get grandma to the grocery store in a hurry.

I still remember the dimwit on Nsxprime, who said he drove a Diablo 6.0, and that there was not much difference in accelration between the DIablo and his 3.0 Nsx, and that everyone felt his Nsx was better looking. :lol: :lol: :lol:

And one more thing, when my Esprit arrives it will be dynoed, bone stock, not even broken in. The Esprit weighs less than the NSX, so it will be simple power to weight to back up any accleration doubts you may have. Early 3.0 Nsx's dyno about 220rwhp. later 3.2 nsx's do what, 240-250? Im not sure. My guess is the Esprit will hit 300rwhp, right around there.

Netviper, i am not comparing a 91 Nsx to a 2004 Esprit. In my opinion, a 91 Esprit will still hand the early Nsx its ass in a straightline, but no doubt, that it will beat the Esprit on the track. A v8TT Esprit, will DESTROY a 3.2 Nsx. When i get home, i can show you more. As already shown above, against an NSXR which is SUBSTANTIALLY QUICKER than any U.S. legal Nsx. An Old 99 Esprit was either 2 or 3 seconds quicker to 125mph. (i cant get the link to come up). Either or, do you know what 2-3 seconds at those speeds is? Yes its MEGA Buslengths.  

We know you love Nsx's, but the Esprit V8Tt, is out of its league. Actually, ill amend that, an Esprit S4s, will destroy the 3.2 Nsx also.

Again, all you talk about is straight lines, allan. You know that doesn't mean shit on a racetrack. I also seriously doubt an S4S will hand a 97+ NSX its ass, on a track or otherwise. The cars just are not as fast you like think they are.

""The Esprit is a car that, if you drive it at 8/10ths, it's a lot of fun. But if you have to hustle it at 10/10ths, it becomes unsettled. The rear begins hiking up, disrupting the feeling and balance of the car, and the inside rear tire lifts off the ground. Also, the turbo-charged engine isn't that flexible so you can't corner with just the throttle. Only if you hold back a little does the car reward you with good cornering feel and response."

—Mario Andretti"

And one more thing, when my Esprit arrives it will be dynoed, bone stock, not even broken in. The Esprit weighs less than the NSX, so it will be simple power to weight to back up any accleration doubts you may have. Early 3.0 Nsx's dyno about 220rwhp. later 3.2 nsx's do what, 240-250? Im not sure. My guess is the Esprit will hit 300rwhp, right around there.

I do not doubt that a V8TT is faster than a NSX in a straight line. No question, it is. But on a racetrack, given equal drivers, I don't think so. According to the guys out at Texas World Speedway last weekend, the Esprits were no problem to beat.

From my instructor at NSXPO 2002

"the Loti were not really even in a class with the X's. I was the instructor in the red Espirit (V8tt) and found it to resemble a well built kit car. It may be ultimately faster in a drag race, but round the track it is held back by 80's supercar foibles. The turbo boost usually broke the rear tires loose just when you didn't need that to happen. I never did get quite used to the shifter either. If there are any Espirit lovers reading this, I don't mean to take away from your charm with the car - everyone is entitled to that, but I don't think the Lotus would ever keep up with the NSX on a road course."

FYI. He has sold his NSX incase you think he is a crazed-diehard-nsxlover. (like me :mrgreen: )

Well my friend, you can ask Mario, or your instructor, why the same professional race driver, Horst Van Suama, who is the guy who runs all the cars on the Ring, logged an 8.13 in a Lotus that is supposedly unsettled and would never keep up with an Nsx on a race track, and he logged an 8.38 in a 3.2 NSX ? Im sure you would agree that 25 seconds is an eternity. Inmo, what that means, is a shitty driver in an Esprit, will be able to beat Michael Schumacker in an NSX.

I bet you don't even own a Lotus.  Just another kid wannabe on this site who drives a corolla and lives at home with his mommy. :finga:

Feeling better now ........ :mrgreen:

I bet you don't even own a Lotus.  Just another kid wannabe on this site who drives a corolla and lives at home with his mommy. :finga:

Feeling better now ........ :mrgreen:

Much :finga:

Well my friend, you can ask Mario, or your instructor, why the same professional race driver, Horst Van Suama, who is the guy who runs all the cars on the Ring, logged an 8.13 in a Lotus that is supposedly unsettled and would never keep up with an Nsx on a race track, and he logged an 8.38 in a 3.2 NSX ? Im sure you would agree that 25 seconds is an eternity. Inmo, what that means, is a shitty driver in an Esprit, will be able to beat Michael Schumacker in an NSX.

I can't say much about that because i don't know who that is. All i can tell you is what I have experienced myself. Like I said, I would love a change to drive a V8 Lotus. Maybe one day. In the mean time, I will stick with my mid-engined car. Should be getting here any day.

Heres one of the Lotus guys opinions:

Lew dusted a couple of modified NSX's, at the Reno Fernley track day

last year at the WCLM, with his 4cylinder Esprit X180-R. Larry also

easily passed them with his "Stock" 98 V8 with AP Racing brakes.

You can see pictures of the NSX's on my website.

http://www.lotuscolorado.com/vulcangrey/ga.../view_album.php?

set_albumName=WCLM&page=4

One NSX had the 3.2L (stock engine) and some wings, diffuser, and

suspension and brakes. The Yellow NSX was a new 3.2L with the BASCH

supercharger (good for about 360rwhp (usually). Driver wasn't so

hot though, he was easily beaten by the Esprits.

In Colorado there is one car which is pretty close to Lew with his

X180-R and that is a black NSX with a BASCH Supercharger (used to be

NO2), air to liquid intercooler, Comptech Racing Brakes, full

suspension. The NSX is well driven but still a second or two slower

than the Esprit.