Acrua NSX vrs Lotus Esprit

Pantera

I can't say much about that because i don't know who that is.  All i can tell you is what I have experienced myself.  Like I said, I would love a change to drive a V8 Lotus.  Maybe one day.  In the mean time, I will stick with my mid-engined car.  Should be getting here any day.

NetViper - If you ever find yourself in the L.A. area I'd be more than happy to offer that ride :P

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another Lotuser:

Although the NSX is a competent car, even with the

aftermarket supercharger, it's still slower then an

Esprit on the track.

At Putnam Park, the NSX with us the last two years was

woefully out gunned, so much so he showed up in year

two with the supercharger added. It was better, but

still not in the league with an Esprit. Sanj, Marc

Coplon, Dannie French and Rick Waller can all back me

up on this as they were there. On a big track like

Road America or Road Atlanta the Esprit simply lays

waste to the NSX.

I can't say much about that because i don't know who that is.  All i can tell you is what I have experienced myself.  Like I said, I would love a change to drive a V8 Lotus.  Maybe one day.  In the mean time, I will stick with my mid-engined car.  Should be getting here any day.

NetViper - If you ever find yourself in the L.A. area I'd be more than happy to offer that ride :P

In the corolla? :mrgreen:

Another NSX user:

I met up with an esprit at the track. He had every mod possible. His car still lagged behing my 100% stock NSX. He did seem to keep up in the straights at least. My guess is he just races on the drag strip and doesn't know how to do anything else but go in a straight line. Anyway, after the session I pulled up next to the esprit and guess who was driving..... Allanlambo! :mrgreen: :finga:

In the corolla? :mrgreen:

Nahh, its actually a brown Yugo with four bald tires and an orange door :lol:

Another NSX user:

I met up with an esprit at the track.  He had every mod possible.  His car still lagged behing my 100% stock NSX.  He did seem to keep up in the straights at least.  My guess is he just races on the drag strip and doesn't know how to do anything else but go in a straight line.  Anyway, after the session I pulled up next to the esprit and guess who was driving..... Allanlambo!  :mrgreen:  :finga:

Thats funny Netviper, but im willing to bet i have more track racing experience than you do.

Another NSX user:

I met up with an esprit at the track.  He had every mod possible.  His car still lagged behing my 100% stock NSX.  He did seem to keep up in the straights at least.  My guess is he just races on the drag strip and doesn't know how to do anything else but go in a straight line.  Anyway, after the session I pulled up next to the esprit and guess who was driving..... Allanlambo!  :mrgreen:  :finga:

Thats funny Netviper, but im willing to bet i have more track racing experience than you do.

Not from what I have read. Drag racing though, 100% for sure.

Track racing my friend, in everything from 700hp Porsches, to lambos, ferraris( including F40) to Scca racing my lambo, and Fcar. I never drag race. Last time i did was in my 355....once..... before that my Nsx in Az.

Track racing my friend, in everything from ... to Scca racing my lambo, and Fcar.

Dude, I call BS. You say you raced your lamb in local scca events, at the risk of having it cracked up from other idiot drivers, where insurance is void? Horse crap. Not even you are that stupid. :finga: Your so damn good at digging up horse shit archives from the internet, so go back and find a scca race/results standings showing you with your lamb or f-car. :butthead:

I was out the other day in my C/T and this guy in a v8 was right on my ass, i floored it but could not shake him at all, those cars are quick but fragile.. :mrgreen:

ROFLOL, stupid cone action hardly qualifies as wheel to wheel road racing, which is what you eluded to (Track racing my friend), and most certainly what I was referring to. Alan, you're too friggen funny.

SP Weazel, take your friggen knee pads off. :lol:

ROFLOL, stupid cone action hardly qualifies as wheel to wheel road racing, which is what you eluded to (Track racing my friend), and most certainly what I was referring to. Alan, you're too friggen funny.

SP Weazel, take your friggen knee pads off. :lol:

Weazel gets OWNED. :finga:

Netviper, i went to the track here twice. First time i went i showed up late, had never been to an SCCA race. I disqualified for most fo the runs for missing cones. The 2nd time i went, showed up early and learned the track. Things were alittle different:

ASP

1st 30 Keoni van't Groenewout Subaru WRX STi 42.91

2nd 355 Allen Feidler Ferrari 355 Spider 43.20

3rd 97 James Blanton BMW Z8 44.79

4th 168 Lance Endo Chevrolet Corvette Plastic mess-06 44.80

5th 97 James Blanton Cadillac CTS 46.58

6th 911 Brian Thomas Porsche 911 47.16

The car that beat me was a modified STI, that wasnt even on street tires.

As for other track events, obviously i havent done any REAL wheel to wheel racing. Nor has anyone else here. I have gone to many a track event, and driven my Countach and Diablos at the Italia Fest track days, driven my Porsches at Porsche club days at Moroso, participated in private track rental days at Moroso, participated at the Cavallino track days where i was able to run a Ferrari F40.

So KGB, do yourself a favor and stfu. And Netviper, im sure i can arrange some meeting for you with Esprit guys, as on their board, THERE are quite a few track racers.

And btw, i can send you the link, and you will see that the Plastic mess-06 dominates virtually EVERY track event, id say i did pretty well for my 2nd time out.

And btw, i can send you the link, and you will see that the Plastic mess-06 dominates virtually EVERY track event, id say i did pretty well for my 2nd time out.

I didn't hurt your feelings now did I? :mrgreen:

. And Netviper, im sure i can arrange some meeting for you with Esprit guys, as on their board, THERE are quite a few track racers.

If there are some in Savannah, sure, hook me up. I would love to meet them. There is only one in Savannah that I know of and it is an 89.

Netviper, anyone with an Nsx, could never hurt my feelings. But, what i would like to see, is for you to now show us YOUR track pics, results etc. Whether it be SCCA, road race, drag race....anything

Netviper, anyone with an Nsx, could never hurt my feelings. But, what i would like to see, is for you to now show us YOUR track pics, results etc. Whether it be SCCA, road race, drag race....anything
Lumbo, I recall you were the one who was making yourself out to be Senna himself. Not the other way around. It doesn't suprise me that you took some autocross events and made yourself out to be a scca wheel to wheel hero. :P

And don't bet on the fact that there are none here with w to w experience. I know for sure a few have read the thread and laughed at your diatribes.

Carry on, Allan. Entertaining if nothing else. :axe: