Acrua NSX vrs Lotus Esprit

Pantera

allan can race the yellow nsx i spotted at the scca even and settle this once and for all...the tracks alright but they need to run a street sweeper over it in the back corner....

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just joined this lambo-power chat room tonite.  Looking through the old threads and found this. What a bullshit thread.  Netviper and Allan-lambo both need to get a life.  The piece of shit 89 Esprit SE belongs to me.  Allan-lambo I can't quite figure out, but seems to have some real world experience with exotics.  Netviper on the other hand is nothing more than full of crap, with very little experience.  I guess my lotus was a piece of shit because it wasn't easy enough to drive unlike a Honda.  When he drove the car he could not even get it into 2nd gear.   Many people have driven the car.  I toss the keys all the time.  Everyone loves it. He is the ONLY person who had any trouble.  Hate to see him get behind the wheel of something hard to drive like a Countach.   If all you two care about is who is the fastest you guys miss the point of these cars completely.   I have had many Ferraris, Porsches, Other lotus's and currently own one of each at this moment.  The bottom line is this: The 89 esprit SE will rip the shit out of a lot of cars out there.  I have done it.   The also don't break down.  Mine has been very reliable. Unlike netvipers new NSX with blew up, 1 week after he got it. I don't know what Esprit netviper was racing at the track in savannah, it wasn't me.   My esprit has never been on Roebling.  I was the Comptroller for the track for 7 years.  My 914 and my Formula Mazda are the only 2 cars that get track time.   By the way do either of you two have an SCCA Competition License?  Didn't think so.

nice to see you here JOE. been a lurker here for some time, waiting for both Ferrari's to sell, its LAMBO time for me.

Dave, your a great guy, but your car has not run in over 4 months. given your situation with your partcular NSX and all the money you borrowed to buy a car that still doesnt run, i dont think its a good idea to bash JOE on a public forum after he was nice enough to share his home and huge car collection with you, and anyone else that comes over so freely.

i agree the Lotus is hard to shift into 2nd .... the first few times you drive it. Joe has been nice enough to let me drive his whenever i ask, and the more time i spend in the car, the better "I" am at driving it. i am no racecar driver, i have MUCH to learn, but i am sure i will buy a TURBO ESPRIT as they are fun, fine little cars, and i can actually work on it myself. the 3 Ferrari's i have had in the last year have all had little quirks, but i dont see the NSX as anything more than a nice GT car.

best wishes to all, time to go beat on airplanes.

MICHAEL

I just joined this lambo-power chat room tonite.  Looking through the old threads and found this. What a bullshit thread.  Netviper and Allan-lambo both need to get a life.  The piece of shit 89 Esprit SE belongs to me.  Allan-lambo I can't quite figure out, but seems to have some real world experience with exotics.  Netviper on the other hand is nothing more than full of crap, with very little experience.  I guess my lotus was a piece of shit because it wasn't easy enough to drive unlike a Honda.  When he drove the car he could not even get it into 2nd gear.   Many people have driven the car.  I toss the keys all the time.  Everyone loves it. He is the ONLY person who had any trouble.  Hate to see him get behind the wheel of something hard to drive like a Countach.   If all you two care about is who is the fastest you guys miss the point of these cars completely.   I have had many Ferraris, Porsches, Other lotus's and currently own one of each at this moment.  The bottom line is this: The 89 esprit SE will rip the shit out of a lot of cars out there.  I have done it.   The also don't break down.  Mine has been very reliable. Unlike netvipers new NSX with blew up, 1 week after he got it. I don't know what Esprit netviper was racing at the track in savannah, it wasn't me.   My esprit has never been on Roebling.  I was the Comptroller for the track for 7 years.  My 914 and my Formula Mazda are the only 2 cars that get track time.   By the way do either of you two have an SCCA Competition License?  Didn't think so.

nice to see you here JOE. been a lurker here for some time, waiting for both Ferrari's to sell, its LAMBO time for me.

Dave, your a great guy, but your car has not run in over 4 months. given your situation with your partcular NSX and all the money you borrowed to buy a car that still doesnt run, i dont think its a good idea to bash JOE on a public forum after he was nice enough to share his home and huge car collection with you, and anyone else that comes over so freely.

i agree the Lotus is hard to shift into 2nd .... the first few times you drive it. Joe has been nice enough to let me drive his whenever i ask, and the more time i spend in the car, the better "I" am at driving it. i am no racecar driver, i have MUCH to learn, but i am sure i will buy a TURBO ESPRIT as they are fun, fine little cars, and i can actually work on it myself. the 3 Ferrari's i have had in the last year have all had little quirks, but i dont see the NSX as anything more than a nice GT car.

best wishes to all, time to go beat on airplanes.

MICHAEL

Michael, Can't see how I bashed Joe. I have told you MANY times and Joe that I did not like the LOTUS from day one. Is that not true? Can I not state my opinion? That has nothing to do with Joe, his house, his car collection etc etc. It has to do with a CAR. PLAIN and SIMPLE. Can't see why either of you would take that personally. You both need to chill out.

the 3 Ferrari's i have had in the last year have all had little quirks, but i dont see the NSX as anything more than a nice GT car.  

MICHAEL

Your ferrari's have certainly had more than little "quirks" and as far as my car just being a nothing more than a GT car, seems like that is different from your post on fchat.

"i got a ride in the white NSX, it was my first time in one, they are great bang for the buck. however, this red one is modified. HOLY CRAP WHAT A CAR! i had a blast, the car will break the tires loose on dry pavement in 4th gear!"

:roll:

I just joined this lambo-power chat room tonite.  Looking through the old threads and found this. What a bullshit thread.  Netviper and Allan-lambo both need to get a life.  The piece of shit 89 Esprit SE belongs to me.  Allan-lambo I can't quite figure out, but seems to have some real world experience with exotics.  Netviper on the other hand is nothing more than full of crap, with very little experience.

Just a car Joe. I never said shit about you. Nobody would know whose car I was talking about if you had not posted it was yours. You want to talk cars, that is one thing. But calling me full of shit is a personal insult and I would think you are better than that. I guess not. :roll:

All of you get way too wrapped up in your cars being a reflection on your own intelligence as a human being. As if they bear your family name or something, thus you're "responsible" for defending them endlessly. You remind me of when I was a little kid and my buddies would drone on about how their "Atari" was better, or worse, than "Intellivision". :mrgreen:

I've always said that unless a car company starts sending me checks, including Lamborghini, that I am a critic first, fanboy second. Unless my last name is "Ferrari" or "Honda" or "Chapman", then I'm not blindly defending their products simply because I bought one.

No question though that NSX-heads have the worst case of "short man's disease" out of any ownership group today, always trying to prove they belong. Lotus guys don't even come close to that same level of rhetoric.

POS guys are a very close second, but deep down every POS guy knows he's arguing from a weak position, the car is a plastic POS with a great engine. It's a bargain, and as a bargain, cost-cutting on things like interior materials quality is expected. But it's the NSX guys, armed with dozens of "World's Best Sportscar!!!" articles from 1992, lol, that literally blow steam out of their ears in anger because the world has moved on while they haven't.

yes Dave, the NSX is a fun car, the white one was nice, the red one "WAS" screaming fast, way faster than any of my ferrari's. i have also said if i want to go fast, i will buy a nice sportbike again. cars a just for fun, all of them.

you drove one Lotus and the car is a "piece of shit" as you call it. i know its Joes car, JOE knows its his car, so yes i consider it a personal insult. i dont like the NSX enough to go buy one. but i dont insult them at every turn. what you keep forgetting is my best friend, who now works for GOODYEAR , used to work at the ACURA dealership here. i have had quiet a bit of exposure over the years to the various NSX cars. given the cars that i have come and go, paid for in cash, i can get any NSX i desire. but i choose not to.

i work on my old , slow carb cars for the fun of it. i am an amatuer driver at best, yet i was also in the SCCA for years driving a modified 1970 Camaro Z28 and several Toyota MR2's . you driving on I-95 at triple digit speeds in a straight line does not make you a "great driver" . go drive on Roebling and Road Atlanta before you kill yourself or someone i know. you and your wife are great people, and i would hate to loose either of you.

i will be buying a Lotus turbo, with the intercooler when i get around to it. yes, the old ferrari's have quirks. but they are 30 years old also. where will Acura be in 30 years? if we even have fuel then, the classics will always be classics. the computer cars, will be something else.

for now i am all about a carb , V12 Lamborghini :P

All of you get way too wrapped up in your cars being a reflection on your own intelligence as a human being. As if they bear your family name or something, thus you're "responsible" for defending them endlessly. You remind me of when I was a little kid and my buddies would drone on about how their "Atari" was better, or worse, than "Intellivision".  :mrgreen:  

I've always said that unless a car company starts sending me checks, including Lamborghini, that I am a critic first, fanboy second. Unless my last name is "Ferrari" or "Honda" or "Chapman", then I'm not blindly defending their products simply because I bought one.

No question though that NSX-heads have the worst case of "short man's disease" out of any ownership group today, always trying to prove they belong. Lotus guys don't even come close to that same level of rhetoric.

POS guys are a very close second, but deep down every POS guy knows he's arguing from a weak position, the car is a plastic POS with a great engine. It's a bargain, and as a bargain, cost-cutting on things like interior materials quality is expected. But it's the NSX guys, armed with dozens of "World's Best Sportscar!!!" articles from 1992, lol, that literally blow steam out of their ears in anger because the world has moved on while they haven't.

GREAT POST! the NSX is nice, but i cannot put into words what it is 'lacking". i just know by " THAT FEELING " that i dont want one, EVER.

i have had gazzillion muscle cars, and a few vettes. year for year, i would rather have and older Z28 , or 455 TRANS AM than the same year POS. the newer versions on the T/A, Z28 and POS, i hated every one i owned, including the LS-1 RAM AIR 6 SPEED i had and the LT-1 6 speed Z28 i had. without a lift, they are a a pain in the ass to tinker on, much less do any "major" work on.

i guess we should be glad we have a choice, and the freedom to make the choice of "this car" or "that thing". i am a "to each his own" kinda guy. whatever makes ya' all, happy :)

, used to work at the ACURA dealership here. i have had quiet a bit of exposure over the years to the various NSX cars. given the cars that i have come and go, paid for in cash, i can get any NSX i desire. but i choose not to. you driving on I-95 at triple digit speeds in a straight line does not make you a "great driver" . go drive on Roebling and Road Atlanta before you kill yourself or someone i know. you and your wife are great people, and i would hate to loose either of you.

for now i am all about a carb , V12 Lamborghini :P

Michael, Give me a break. Who are you trying to impress here? Your buddy Joe?

I am not even going to bother responding to this bullshit. My boots are not tall enough.

Best of luck with your lambo. :roll:

Everyone relax, NetViper is a good guy who many of us have known for years online, he's entitled to his opinion. If he wants to call an 89 Esprit a POS, that's his perrogative. And I don't feel he was personally berating you jfrazar, he was just expressing his feelings about the car.

As the many Camaro/Corvette fans on L-Power will tell you, I do the same to their cars, and we all still get along. It's not personal, none of us actually MADE these cars ourselves, why the hell would someone get upset at one of them being called a piece of shit? Until my last name is on the badge, I don't give a fcuk.

So when the first "Mako Dominator 10000" rolls off the production line, you bastards better not say a WORD. ;)

nice cone killing pics. i didnt know you took the lambo out there. you almost need a 4x4 just to get to the new location at the fliers course. i freak out when a little dust/dirt comes blowing into my car and your doing burnouts lmao. they need to get a street sweeper out there or something. alot of rocks and dirt gets thrown all around at the corners closest to the hills.

Yes, i wont be doing that anymore. Plus it really isnt fun. I dont want to have to sweep the road for five hours to run my car for 15 minutes around some cones in the super hot sun.

now im having second thoughts on taking my POS there... :(

Im serious, it sucks. The track destroys your car, and it is boring.

yea plus its a 40 second run at a time...i can head around the island if i wanna carve corners. paying to beat my car and end up with paint damage is a joke.