Vasectomy.

Rawr

Have been talking about it with a few friends, we are all 24-25 and are leaning towards doing this. It is reversible, plus we can get some in the sperm bank as insurance. I don't want to be married for another 10 years, so this could be the right move.

Anyone done it?

this actually looks even better: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reversible_in..._under_guidance

So your mid 20's, and not married, and you wanna cut off the little guys. Lookin to just bare back a load of chicks every weekend or what? Don't get me wrong sounds like a good idea. Let us know what happins.

Don't do it. There's no guarentee you'll get your fertility back and reversal procedures are difficult. I mean what sane man let's someone cut his balls with a knife and then does it again?

Only reason you should do it is if you NEVER want to reproduce.

Banked sperm is good and all, but with current technology getting pregnant with in vitro costs 10's of thousands of dollars and requires hormone injections and discomfort for the woman. It's not like you'll thaw out your swimmers and put them in a turkey baster.

Plus even though small, every surgery carries risk.

Also look up sperm granuloma and the incidence of this.

Also a little anecdote:

After I had my vasectomy I came home and took a Vicodin and drank a scotch while sitting on a bag of frozen peas. My dog looked at me and said,"I know man, I know."

My answer would be unkind.... SO Ill keep it to myself.

Come on! Grow some balls and post!

Don't do it. There's no guarentee you'll get your fertility back and reversal procedures are difficult. I mean what sane man let's someone cut his balls with a knife and then does it again?

Only reason you should do it is if you NEVER want to reproduce.

Banked sperm is good and all, but with current technology getting pregnant with in vitro costs 10's of thousands of dollars and requires hormone injections and discomfort for the woman. It's not like you'll thaw out your swimmers and put them in a turkey baster.

Plus even though small, every surgery carries risk.

Also look up sperm granuloma and the incidence of this.

Also a little anecdote:

After I had my vasectomy I came home and took a Vicodin and drank a scotch while sitting on a bag of frozen peas. My dog looked at me and said,"I know man, I know."

Gasman is 100% correct, really bad idea unless you absolutely never want to reproduce.

Very bad idea.This kind of thing should be done after you have had a few kids.Most likely you will hook up with some fine lady get married and have a few rugrats.When that is done then think about it.In the meantime condoms work..

I see no rationale in proceeding. Logic tells me this makes no sense what so ever.

If you are into one nighters, you should protect yourself.

If you have stable partner, lots of other options without surgery.

There are two main reason people proceed:

1. They never want kids.

2. They never want any girl to threaten them with law suit saying their kid is his.

If you are thinking of doing one of those deals where you make a pact to have a vasectomy, they go in and do it, come out in excrutiating ball sack pain, and then you say "PSYCHE, I'M NOT REALLY DOING IT.....HAHAHAHA!!!!", then go ahead.

That is hilarious!

If you are actually thinking of doing it.......ugh, really? What could possibly go wrong with having a doctor hack your nuts off??

Oh, and about the 'getting married in 10 years' thing. Getting married is an even worse idea than having your nuts hacked off so I don't really recommend that either.

Come on! Grow some balls and post!

Not unless Rawr begs me....

However.... I do have a funny vasectomy story.... My uncle was a real joker.... Always pulling really elaborate practical jokes on people..... So what comes around, goes around right....

We were all visiting him one day.... He had had a vasectomy about ten years earlier.....

Anyway.... My mom arranged for a friend of hers to call him while we were there....

Phone rings.... My aunt gets it (she was in on it).... "Dave.... Its for you...."

He gets up he's walking to the phone and he quietly says, "Who is it?"

She whispers "the doctors office...." and gives a look like "uh oh..."

He takes the phone.... and we hear, "Yes.... This is him.... Yes I did.................... Excuse me?.............. Are you kidding?.......... Its been ten years!!!!" and we see him turning ASHEN.... All the blood is leaving his face.

The friend (who IS Actually a nurse) is telling him that the surgical sutures used in his vasectomy have been recalled because they deteriorate after 6 months and his vasectomy is likely non-effective....

He bought that shit hook line and sinker.... We had to let him in on the joke because we were all laughing so hard he was going to kill us if we didnt.

Believe it or not it is possible to still get someone pregnant even though you have had a vasectomy. Also the reversal procedure doesn't always work.

Regardless, I wouldn't be so worried about getting someone pregnant as getting an STD.

Go ahead RD, just keep in mind three things:

1. If I go with it, the gel method will be the one - as in easily reversible and it works. I can also wait a few years for them to develop something more reliable if there are concerns.

2. Condoms do not work for me. I am sure they work fine for some, for me they suck and I might as well not have sex at all. I know I am not the only one here.

3. I will do a lot more research into STDs. There was info about herpes being cured, or at least prevented by a shot for the military. The chances of getting AIDS are ridiculously small. Besides those two, everything is curable.

Go ahead RD, just keep in mind three things:

3. I will do a lot more research into STDs. There was info about herpes being cured, or at least prevented by a shot for the military. The chances of getting AIDS are ridiculously small. Besides those two, everything is curable.

Please for the the love of GOD if you truly believe this please do get a vasectomy, quick.

Please for the the love of GOD if you truly believe this please do get a vasectomy, quick.

which part?

Your logic is terrible.

What makes you think that just because you have a vasectomy that women won't want you to wear a condom for your one nighters? Reading this thread tells me your intention is to sleep with as many women as possible in the next 10 years and never use a condom. If you told that to the woman you met at the bar last night, do you think she'd want you to wear a condom? If I was a guy and a woman had the same thought process as you, I'd wear a condom no matter what she's had done or is on.

Also, if you are just sleeping with one woman, why wouldn't she just use birth control?

Think about it this way, you won't be married for 10 years. Probably less, but whatever. So before you get married, you're probably involved with someone for a few years. Say 3-4. That means you'll have 6 years (max) of condom-less sex to enjoy, before you get to have more condom-less sex with 'her.' Say you get married in 7 years, then you enjoy 3-4 years of condom-less sex before 'her.' IMO, you're already too old for this to even be worthwhile. And what happens if you meet some woman you fall head of heels for in 2 years, or 1, or 6 months?

Oh, and besides, the real reason to use a condom is protection of STD's, not conception. Birth is easy enough to control on the women's side of things regardless of if you wear a condom or not.

Your logic is terrible.

What makes you think that just because you have a vasectomy that women won't want you to wear a condom for your one nighters? Reading this thread tells me your intention is to sleep with as many women as possible in the next 10 years and never use a condom. If you told that to the woman you met at the bar last night, do you think she'd want you to wear a condom? If I was a guy and a woman had the same thought process as you, I'd wear a condom no matter what she's had done or is on.

Also, if you are just sleeping with one woman, why wouldn't she just use birth control?

Think about it this way, you won't be married for 10 years. Probably less, but whatever. So before you get married, you're probably involved with someone for a few years. Say 3-4. That means you'll have 6 years (max) of condom-less sex to enjoy, before you get to have more condom-less sex with 'her.' Say you get married in 7 years, then you enjoy 3-4 years of condom-less sex before 'her.' IMO, you're already too old for this to even be worthwhile. And what happens if you meet some woman you fall head of heels for in 2 years, or 1, or 6 months?

Oh, and besides, the real reason to use a condom is protection of STD's, not conception. Birth is easy enough to control on the women's side of things regardless of if you wear a condom or not.

Ahh, I don't want to get into big debate here, but here are the facts:

really easy to sleep with a girl without a condom nowadays (ok yes, that could be the reason to wear one, but again..)

at least two of my friends have kids now when the woman was "taking care of it" really easy for her to get preggo on the pill. I am not sure I could let her handle things if I didn't want kids at that point in my life.

Let's not get too personal here, I put this up as a discussion piece, not gospel.

Ahh, I don't want to get into big debate here, but here are the facts:

really easy to sleep with a girl without a condom nowadays (ok yes, that could be the reason to wear one, but again..)

at least two of my friends have kids now when the woman was "taking care of it" really easy for her to get preggo on the pill. I am not sure I could let her handle things if I didn't want kids at that point in my life.

Let's not get too personal here, I put this up as a discussion piece, not gospel.

Blasphemy ;)

Just FYI though, I have had several friends get things like genital warts, infections, etc. Yes, none got HIV or something deadly, but they did catch some stuff. Once you end up with some type of infection on your cock, you aren't gettin laid even if it's covered with 1 inch thick steel. ;)

You pretty much stole my response.

You pretty much stole my response.

:lol2: :lol2:

I am planning on getting one soon too, but I do not ever want children and thus want to be full-proof.

But if you want to bang tons of women, you need a rubber nonetheless, vasectomy or not. A vasectomy is for if you don't trust a woman to not get pregnant on the pill, or if you don't ever want to risk a condom breaking or cracking, or if you have a permanent partner and do not want kids or have already had a few and do not want anymore. But otherwise, you need a condom to protect against diseases. As for reversals, they are not 100%, they can try, but it doesn't always work.