LP570-4 Superleggera

a007apl

How could you spec that car WITHOUT CCBs?!?!?!?

I spec'ed my car without CCBs. The weight difference is negligible and the replacement costs are astronomical. If you actually intend to drive your car on the track, as is sorta the point with a Superleggera, you should probably follow Lamborghini's example: The Super Trofeo uses steel brakes!

CCBs are mostly poseur brakes that keep your wheels clean. Their cost vs benefit is not their strong suit.

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Also, if you should choose to go the CCB route later, it's a $14K kit to make it happen.

This is the same story with the 911 GT3, btw. Just about everyone who actually uses the car as intended, and takes it on the track, either specs the car without CCBs or end up replacing the CCBs with steels.

Also, if you should choose to go the CCB route later, it's a $14K kit to make it happen.

For that kind of money a excellent aftermarket system may perform just as well as the CCB's correct?

I spec'ed my car without CCBs. The weight difference is negligible and the replacement costs are astronomical. If you actually intend to drive your car on the track, as is sorta the point with a Superleggera, you should probably follow Lamborghini's example: The Super Trofeo uses steel brakes!

CCBs are mostly poseur brakes that keep your wheels clean. Their cost vs benefit is not their strong suit.

Why does almost every serious race car have CCBs then? I completely understand not getting the set from lamborghini. I do not understand not going with a set say from Movit, that's all.

Why does almost every serious race car have CCBs then? I completely understand not getting the set from lamborghini. I do not understand not going with a set say from Movit, that's all.

What 'serious' race cars are you looking at? The Super Trofeo doesn't have it. The GT3 Cup car doesn't have it. Lotus 2-11 doesn't. Radical doesn't. Pro Formula Mazda doesn't.

CCBs are indeed better if cost is of absolutely no concern. So I'm sure that the Audi R15 has CCBs, but that's a multi-million dollar car. They certainly don't care about spending $20K on brakes for a weekend. Most of us gentleman racers do :).

That balloon white is hot. Wonder why they spec-ed the standard seat.

I'm sure they feared the seats would be as uncomfortable as the old SL seats. But Lamborghini made a number of changes to make the seats considerably more comfortable. I only sat in them for a second at the factory, but they seemed pretty nice. I'll give the full report after driving the real thing tomorrow(!!!).

Balloon white looks hot. I really don't hope that this all white stuff is going to monopolize the entire US Superleggera stock like black/white/yellow did for the Balboni.

Don't the dealers understand that if they all order the same color, their cars are going to be interchangeable commodities? Bring us some colors, dammit! Car looks GREAT in grey and orange and green. I haven't seen any US cars ordered for stock in those colors yet. Just like there were just about no grey, green, or blue Balbonis :(.

The plain white 6 speed is the car roy ordered. He mentioned elsewhere that he just decided he didnt need it and wanted to save room for the next flagship car.

does anyone know what after market exhausts are available for the 570 superleg?

brands are prices would be great.

does anyone know what after market exhausts are available for the 570 superleg?

brands are prices would be great.

green or white ? :icon_mrgreen:

any sound clips?

Nothing for the 570 - bet they've not sold one yet! Google finds a few clips for the 560 Quicksilver system but the're all pretty low quality.

P.S. My VI car cleared production last week and should leave the factory for the UK tomorrow!