LP570-4 Superleggera

a007apl

I'm digging it. I see a potential upgrade in my future. RSC has got to come up with the SV wing!!!! That would look freaking awesome.

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Highlights include the e-gear transmission – a manual gearbox is also available at no additional cost....

THANK GOD!!! I hope somebody would buy it with manual gearbox!! It will be perfection!!

I'm digging it. I see a potential upgrade in my future. RSC has got to come up with the SV wing!!!! That would look freaking awesome.

And the SV bumper!

I wonder how it will perform like next to the scuderia version of the 456.

The awesome thing is that this car will be out at the same time as the 458s are hitting the US and it'll kick its ass. Lambo maintains the edge. By the time 458 Scuderia comes around, the game will have moved on again.

I wonder if they fixed the CCBs that on the original SL had absolutely no feeling even after warming them up, these brakes felt like they have only 2 settings: engaged or disengaged and nothign in between. This made the car useless for any competent driver

Looks good, but looks abit... lacking.

Until I see one in white I am going to say the designer phoned the design in from the pub at 4:59 on Friday.

Looks is definitely more evolutionary than revolutionary. But the "feel" of the drive should be quite different from the old SL.

Kind of weird that it has no radio but have speaker grills on the doors --- guess the CF door panels are pre-cut to integrate speaker cut-outs and plugged by the grills --- experience gained from the last SL where radio-less cars have one-piece-straight CF door panels. If one decides to retrofit a radio/camera, the door panels will have to be cut.

"Customers who want to personalize their Gallardo LP 570-4 Superleggera, can use Lamborghini’s wide-ranging options of the “Ad Personam” individualization program."

So how far can we go on this? Like choosing your own colours (exterior & interior)?

"Customers who want to personalize their Gallardo LP 570-4 Superleggera, can use Lamborghini’s wide-ranging options of the “Ad Personam” individualization program."

So how far can we go on this? Like choosing your own colours (exterior & interior)?

If it is like the SV I assume your own exterior color, but stuck with the interior choices they give you?

It looks great in Verde. If that was available when I got mine it is the color I would have picked. Also very happy with black though once it got murered out.

Looks good, like the front bumper a lot. Even the wheels are nice, and apparantly close to 30lbs lighter in weight versus the stock 560's wheels.

The wing is ok, as others have said it needed the SV's wing, hopefully RSC can make that happen.

The tri-color Italian flag stripe will look horrible in real life at full size, particularly clashing on any car color other than black or white.

Cool news if the seats are finally US-legal.

Overall a nice addition to the lineup, nothing like more power/lighter weight to a car that's already one of the fastest in production. :icon_thumleft:

Highlights include the e-gear transmission – a manual gearbox is also available at no additional cost....

THANK GOD!!! I hope somebody would buy it with manual gearbox!! It will be perfection!!

It's the same ass-raping that they offered on the previous SL - You pay the 10k extra for the E-gear, as it is built into the MSRP. However, if you opt for the 6 speed manual you cannot deduct the 10k. Which is why there are probably so few 6 speed manuals, since there was no incentive NOT to take the E-gear.

I wonder if they fixed the CCBs that on the original SL had absolutely no feeling even after warming them up, these brakes felt like they have only 2 settings: engaged or disengaged and nothign in between. This made the car useless for any competent driver

All I can say is the CCB's on my 560 are GREAT. They take virtually no getting used to, and have a VERY good feel throughout the pedal. I never drove an early SL with CCB's, so I can't compare, but I've heard about the same things you describe.

Two points:

1) I'm not too sure that the U.S. versions will be as light, due to this statement in the description: "The rear windshield and side windows are made from robust and resistant polycarbonate" --- I don't think that's legal for U.S.A. bound cars. :unsure:

2) Same feelings on the 'european SL seats'; because of this following statement (regarding the U.S.A. mandated side airbags): "on optional ‘comfort’ seats only: head/thorax airbag" (are standard). I.E. you can only get 'side airbags' on the comfort seats (i.e. the standard type seats).

Any opinions?

p.s. why was information leading up to this, all so secretive; there is nothing earth-shattering here ?

Two points:

1) I'm not too sure that the U.S. versions will be as light, due to this statement in the description: "The rear windshield and side windows are made from robust and resistant polycarbonate" --- I don't think that's legal for U.S.A. bound cars. :unsure:

2) Same feelings on the 'european SL seats'; because of this following statement (regarding the U.S.A. mandated side airbags): "on optional ‘comfort’ seats only: head/thorax airbag" (are standard). I.E. you can only get 'side airbags' on the comfort seats (i.e. the standard type seats).

Any opinions?

The back and side windows in the previous SL were polycarbonate as well if I'm not mistaken.

I really hope the Euro seats are an option in the U.S. like they are in the SV.

wonder if there will be an sv version that is going to have carbon fenders to lighten it up even further? Because if carbon is used on some of the body parts, you wonder why they didnt just fab carbon fenders to lighten it up further? That would save another 30-40% off aluminum panels they are using now. Perhaps there will be an even more extreme version to signal the end of the gallardo line? Food for thought...

wonder if there will be an sv version that is going to have carbon fenders to lighten it up even further? Because if carbon is used on some of the body parts, you wonder why they didnt just fab carbon fenders to lighten it up further? That would save another 30-40% off aluminum panels they are using now. Perhaps there will be an even more extreme version to signal the end of the gallardo line? Food for thought...

I just don't understand why they don't do that in the first place with the "RAW" version of the G. Like the difference between a CS and a regular 360. the CS is something like 400+lbs lighter than the 'standard' version. I hate to keep referring to F-cars, but in so many ways and for so long they just get it "right". E-gear STILL isn't close to the F-1 system either.. This SL will be a beast no doubt, but.....imagine if it was 300lbs lighter than the 560, rather than the equivalent of a spare tire and a couple seats..

This car is insane exactly what the doctor ordered for Fortis :icon_mrgreen:

Ok now my daughter is late for school, I wasn't going to leave until I was done with this thread :lol2:

I just don't understand why they don't do that in the first place with the "RAW" version of the G. Like the difference between a CS and a regular 360. the CS is something like 400+lbs lighter than the 'standard' version. I hate to keep referring to F-cars, but in so many ways and for so long they just get it "right". E-gear STILL isn't close to the F-1 system either.. This SL will be a beast no doubt, but.....imagine if it was 300lbs lighter than the 560, rather than the equivalent of a spare tire and a couple seats..

Bahh. The 560 egear system is imo superior to the F1 in the Scuderia. It's much smoother at normal speeds and it's almost as fast at faul haul in corsa.

And I don't know where you're getting your 400 pounds from, but both the CS and the Scuderia were introduced as being ~100 kgs (220 pounds) lighter than their standard versions. Sure, you can make a standard version even heavier by adding all sorts of shit to it, but that's true for any car.

It would be nice for the SL to be even lighter, but it's plenty competitive with the best coming out of Maranello right now. I'd take a 570SL over a 458 any day of the week.

Bahh. The 560 egear system is imo superior to the F1 in the Scuderia. It's much smoother at normal speeds and it's almost as fast at faul haul in corsa.

And I don't know where you're getting your 400 pounds from, but both the CS and the Scuderia were introduced as being ~100 kgs (220 pounds) lighter than their standard versions. Sure, you can make a standard version even heavier by adding all sorts of shit to it, but that's true for any car.

It would be nice for the SL to be even lighter, but it's plenty competitive with the best coming out of Maranello right now. I'd take a 570SL over a 458 any day of the week.

Actually 242lbs. My mistake, I heard 400lbs somewhere a long time ago. Surely the 570SL is my preference as well. It looks better overall than anything out there. Im just sayin' why don't they go "all-out" with all CF panels, and really drop lbs (it would be downright scary).. Still a beast though, and it looks great!.

So does this mean the "570" is actually 620??