LP570-4 Superleggera

a007apl

It has everything to do with dollars. Lamborghini does not have the extra money to make huge changes in a current car. QV, you can't just say lets slap some carbon fiber fenders on. CF is very expensive to work with and just the money to re-certify with those for all the world markets would make it impossible.

Lamborghini wants the Gallardo platform to be desirable to as many potential customers as possible. They now the coupe, spyder and a more hard edged version. I think they did a helluva job. I think it rocks.

BTW, the Scuderia shifts in 60 milliseconds which is significantly faster than a 560.

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Actually 242lbs. My mistake, I heard 400lbs somewhere a long time ago. Surely the 570SL is my preference as well. It looks better overall than anything out there. Im just sayin' why don't they go "all-out" with all CF panels, and really drop lbs (it would be downright scary).. Still a beast though, and it looks great!.

So does this mean the "570" is actually 620??

Swil I think they have to be very concerned about the price point of the car, that would be one of the main reasons why carbon fiber is not used more extensively.

I think 570 will be a beast as it is the 560 is doing an awesome job at keeping the competition at bay.

I cant wait to see the Murcie replacement, one opportunity for Lambo to pretty much shut everyone up I hope they will make the most of it!

Lamborghini wants the Gallardo platform to be desirable to as many potential customers as possible. They now the coupe, spyder and a more hard edged version. I think they did a helluva job. I think it rocks.

I knew you will come around :icon_mrgreen:

BTW, the Scuderia shifts in 60 milliseconds which is significantly faster than a 560.

Law of diminishing returns. The 560 at full throttle in corsa shifts so fast that I couldn't tell thie difference any more. Even if the 560 was 50% slower at 90ms, it doesn't really make a difference at that point. The big jump was going from ~300 to 100.

I knew you will come around :icon_mrgreen:

LOL! Yep. They did a good job with this. I bet its going to be a great driving car!

Two points:

1) I'm not too sure that the U.S. versions will be as light, due to this statement in the description: "The rear windshield and side windows are made from robust and resistant polycarbonate" --- I don't think that's legal for U.S.A. bound cars. :unsure:

2) Same feelings on the 'european SL seats'; because of this following statement (regarding the U.S.A. mandated side airbags): "on optional ‘comfort’ seats only: head/thorax airbag" (are standard). I.E. you can only get 'side airbags' on the comfort seats (i.e. the standard type seats).

Any opinions?

p.s. why was information leading up to this, all so secretive; there is nothing earth-shattering here ?

The seats and poly windows do seem too good to be true for the US market, hopefully they found a way to make it happen. :eusa_wall:

LOL! Yep. They did a good job with this. I bet its going to be a great driving car!

and here I am thinking that kane00 owns a Lambo for the sole purpose of sticking voodoo doll pins into it at night :icon_mrgreen:

Disclaimer: The 570-4SL is going to be a freaking badass car, very excited it's coming.

**flame suit on**

Bitchy Complaint #2: Why didn't they make THIS the Balboni with RWD?

It would keep the rarity of the original Superleggera, thus possibly keeping value strong for years to come, and it definitely would make a Balboni a TRUE collector car. The most badassed and extreme iteration of the Gallardo ever, in honor of his name: The 570-2 Valentino Balboni. And skip the SL entirely in the LP series. Dare I say the F-word again: like Ferrari dropping the Stradale on ONE car alone and then making a Scuderia. Magically it has kept their images separate. It keeps you from referring to OLD SL vs NEW SL. The old is washed out and less "special" now. And now it also seems like a waste of money to get a VB..It's the same way they screwed up with the G-SE too. Just a Brand/Model marketing opinion.

And as far as price point.....Well, isn't this supposed to be the LAST and most special Gallardo? Go all out. Don't tell me you guys wouldn't spend $300k+ on a 3.0-3.2sec 2,000lb all carbon fiber chassis and body Superleggera (I would)...We're talking CGT performance. For enthusiasts and serious hardcore drivers ONLY, like the CS..Like the Scud.

Swil I think they have to be very concerned about the price point of the car, that would be one of the main reasons why carbon fiber is not used more extensively.

I think 570 will be a beast as it is the 560 is doing an awesome job at keeping the competition at bay.

I cant wait to see the Murcie replacement, one opportunity for Lambo to pretty much shut everyone up I hope they will make the most of it!

Cost for a couple of cf fenders shouldn't be that bad... I honestly think it's just Lamborghini reserving it's right to pump out more variants. From a business it's the only way to maximize the gallardo platform without forking big chunks of development money for a new car. Neverthelss, I already am waiting for an sv variant ;)

Wow, what a Lambo - and Verde is a great color to show it off. Then again, any of the colors will look sick. I can't wait to see this in person... Jaw to the floor, so badass. :shock: :icon_pray:

this looks amazing!

several questions that im pondering are:

1) is it actually more powerful than a 560? was the 560 really underrated?

2) are the shifts faster?

3) I know it will be quicker than the 560, but didnt lamborghini claim 0-200 in 11.8 seconds for the 560? now its 10.2... from 10 more hp and 150 lbs off?

Two points:

1) I'm not too sure that the U.S. versions will be as light, due to this statement in the description: "The rear windshield and side windows are made from robust and resistant polycarbonate" --- I don't think that's legal for U.S.A. bound cars. :unsure:

2) Same feelings on the 'european SL seats'; because of this following statement (regarding the U.S.A. mandated side airbags): "on optional ‘comfort’ seats only: head/thorax airbag" (are standard). I.E. you can only get 'side airbags' on the comfort seats (i.e. the standard type seats).

Any opinions?

p.s. why was information leading up to this, all so secretive; there is nothing earth-shattering here ?

The current SL rear window IS polycarbonate! That is for sure.

Beautiful Car!!! I hope RSC makes this front bumper!!! I am glad I did not get the 560 bumper for my Super G. I will wait for this one.

Beautiful Car!!! I hope RSC makes this front bumper!!! I am glad I did not get the 560 bumper for my Super G. I will wait for this one.

I was just comparing the two bumpers and with some black paint work, you could get a pretty similar look. Granted not quite as awesome but still really nice.

several questions that im pondering are:

3) I know it will be quicker than the 560, but didnt lamborghini claim 0-200 in 11.8 seconds for the 560? now its 10.2... from 10 more hp and 150 lbs off?

That quoted time from the factory surprised me also, especially when a stock Enzo is around that same 10.2 figure...

Some other times for reference (all from Euro mag tests on different days/different weather/etc):

0-200KPH (124mph)

7.4 BUGATTI VEYRON

9.6 MCLAREN F1

10.3 FERRARI ENZO

10.5 MERCEDES SLR 722

10.7 PORSCHE CARERRA GT

10.7 LAMBORGHINI LP640

11.3 LAMBORGHINI GALLARDO LP560-4

11.4 FERRARI F430 SCUDERIA

11.8 LAMBORGHINI GALLARDO SL

12.3 CORVETTE Plastic mess-06 (C6)

12.5 LAMBORGHINI MURCIELAGO

13.8 LAMBORGHINI GALLARDO

And as far as price point.....Well, isn't this supposed to be the LAST and most special Gallardo? Go all out. Don't tell me you guys wouldn't spend $300k+ on a 3.0-3.2sec 2,000lb all carbon fiber chassis and body Superleggera (I would)...We're talking CGT performance. For enthusiasts and serious hardcore drivers ONLY, like the CS..Like the Scud.

sorry thats never gonna happen. 2000 lbs?! thats less than a GT1 race car!Even the lightest of lightweights today (CCX, Zonda etc etc are about 2700 lbs at best). In my opinion, whats really limiting lamborghini right now is the Murcielago. they cant bring out a 3200 lbs 600+ hp Gallardo if its gonna end up being quicker than the SV! once the murcielago is replaced hopefully with a 700 hp sub-3300 lbs car, then that will open the door (hopefully vertically :P) for a final super Gallardo or some replacement thats got more than just a 10 or 20 hp bump.

That said, I agree with you that there isn't a clear line between all of the different special editions. However, im willing to bet this car will probably do 0-60 mph in 3 seconds dead in the hands of the magazines. keep in mind lambo claimed a 0-62 mph time of 3.4 without a rollout. so if its done to 60 WITH a rollout (as to even out the playing field for proper comparison), im sure this car will have similar off-the-line capabilities as the new PDK Turbo.

The rear window and the quarter side windows (i.e. the small triangular ones) and the engine bay cover are polycarbonate on the original Gallardo Superleggera. The side windows (the ones that roll down) are glass. At least that's the case for N.Am-spec'd cars.

Not that it would make a lot of difference but I wonder if they are actually going to make titanium bolts standard on all the new SL (the original N.AM-spec'd cars had steel bolts; something to do with DOT-required strength :eusa_think: )

As to going lighter with CF panels, it's not just the costs of fabrication but the costs of re-certification which, as Kane00 said, is $$$$. And let's have a reality check here: until the new flag ship comes out, they are still making the LP6x0. So little brother cannot upstage V12-scissors-doors-big-brother.

As to Ad-Personam, I wonder if they would entertain a matte pearl white or matte black exterior?

The rear window and the quarter side windows (i.e. the small triangular ones) and the engine bay cover are polycarbonate on the original Gallardo Superleggera. The side windows (the ones that roll down) are glass. At least that's the case for N.Am-spec'd cars.

Not that it would make a lot of difference but I wonder if they are actually going to make titanium bolts standard on all the new SL (the original N.AM-spec'd cars had steel bolts; something to do with DOT-required strength :eusa_think: )

As to going lighter with CF panels, it's not just the costs of fabrication but the costs of re-certification which, as Kane00 said, is $$$$. And let's have a reality check here: until the new flag ship comes out, they are still making the LP6x0. So little brother cannot upstage V12-scissors-doors-big-brother.

As to Ad-Personam, I wonder if they would entertain a matte pearl white or matte black exterior?

The weight savings on those 3 pieces can't be more than a few lbs. I replaced my polycarbonate with glass and it did not feel much heavier.

matte pearl white would be fantastic :icon_thumleft:

They found themselves a new curly haired model which IMO is ugly. And WTF is she wearing?

gallardo_superleggera_02.jpg

gallardo_superleggera_21.jpg

gallardo_superleggera_08.jpg

gallardo_superleggera_20.jpg

gallardo_superleggera_31.jpg

gallardo_superleggera_11.jpg

gallardo_superleggera_22.jpg

gallardo_superleggera_19.jpg

gallardo_superleggera_40.jpg

gallardo_superleggera_26.jpg

gallardo_superleggera_23.jpg

gallardo_superleggera_24.jpg

The weight savings on those 3 pieces can't be more than a few lbs. I replaced my polycarbonate with glass and it did not feel much heavier.

I am with you on the rear & side windows but not so sure about the engine bay cover. I had the SE and compare that to the SL's, the SE glass version weights a ton. Note that the SL only has one strut to support whereas the SE has two.

matte pearl white would be fantastic :icon_thumleft:

Absolutely! But you are screwed if the paint is chipped; and an invisible bra won't work on matte paint. :eusa_wall:

The pics are definitely from a Euro-spec'd car --- rear fog lamp on the rear diffuser. And did anyone noticed that there is no glove box?