LP570-4 Superleggera

a007apl

Cost for a couple of cf fenders shouldn't be that bad... I honestly think it's just Lamborghini reserving it's right to pump out more variants. From a business it's the only way to maximize the gallardo platform without forking big chunks of development money for a new car. Neverthelss, I already am waiting for an sv variant ;)

You should think again about that CF comment - you know how much the front CF splitter is for an LP670SV? (CHF 22,000 supplied and fitted). Or how about the SV's rear diffuser arrangement? EUR 28,000 before fitting.

That's if you go with Lambo parts. I've no idea about aftermarket.

Lambo's product strategy is somewhat questionable. I agree with another poster on here, a hardcore 2WD variant with a new gearbox and suspension would have been an entirely different prospect. I think they are still smarting from overpricing the Balboni, I hope they are not misreading this as meaning the market doesn't want a 2WD car in this segment, because according to Ferrari it most certainly does!

What the SL tells me is they are going to string out the life of the current gen Gallardo.

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And WTF is she wearing?

Bits & pieces of leftover leather & Alcantara sewn together from Lambo factory's upholstery department. Trust me on this one, I have proof. :icon_mrgreen:

The lady who was embossing the Lambo logo on the leather made me a sample piece while I was visiting the factory, pic enclosed (not kidding on this part).

A.jpg

whomever did the white 570-4 rendering on the previous thread was just about spot on, that rendering was my desktop photo ever since and I was hoping that the real car looks the same :icon_thumleft:

rsZc6.jpg

53218_gallardo_lp_570_4_09_122_464lo.jpg

I am with you on the rear & side windows but not so sure about the engine bay cover. I had the SE and compare that to the SL's, the SE glass version weights a ton. Note that the SL only has one strut to support whereas the SE has two.

Absolutely! But you are screwed if the paint is chipped; and an invisible bra won't work on matte paint. :eusa_wall:

The pics are definitely from a Euro-spec'd car --- rear fog lamp on the rear diffuser. And did anyone noticed that there is no glove box?

Right. The bonnet on the SL is a ton lighter, both from the polycarbonate and the CF. There is not much weight savings on the rear window and the two small side windows though. When Lamborghini shipped me my glass pieces I thought they had forgotten to pack all my pieces before I opened the box because it was so light.

> The back and side windows in the previous SL were polycarbonate as well if I'm not mistaken.

The triangular side windows were, as was the back window.

In fact, the latter required an after-the-fact "exemption" from the NHTSA.

See http://edocket.access.gpo.gov/2008/E8-8991.htm for the full text of it.

I guess I officially have the safest SL in the US :)

Just picked up EVO magazine and they have a write up in there of it. Quite a bit lighter than the Ferrari 458 (whilst the lambo bods interview distance themselves from any competitors talk) in dry weight but quite close in weight when fully ready to go on the road.

I like it but still think with the bodykit on there it is a 14 year old wearing his dad's suit.

I guess it's a cost issue but honestly some revisions on the interior would be nice. It's basically the same thing since the first MY04 G. Never liked the "revised" cheap plastic chrome switches in the centre console. And this time, all they did was made the dials black again and took out the trim piece on the steering wheel.

Looks great! Front bumper and rear diffuser are spectacular and very aggressive. Great news on the seats. Looks like they finally addressed the design flaw of the original tail pipes.

I would only change 3 things; side stripe is weak (should have kept the sweeper), needs an SV wing, and wheels should be black. It will be interesting to see the price point on this one.

They found themselves a new curly haired model which IMO is ugly. And WTF is she wearing?

gallardo_superleggera_11.jpg

gallardo_superleggera_19.jpg

gallardo_superleggera_26.jpg

She's got a nice a$$, full lips, looks a little freaky, I'd tap it. :la:

I do think though that the lambo design team must be pretty lazy. I mean, not even a dashboard or steering wheel change in all these years since the Gallardo introduction, or for the Murcie for that matter. The design of the new models is so predicable, I wish Lambo would have gone crazy and really did some major changes instead of simply putting on different bumpers, I guess it is really only about making profit these days.

http://www.autogespot.com/nl/item/6948/gen...perleggera.html

I do think though that the lambo design team must be pretty lazy. I mean, not even a dashboard or steering wheel change in all these years since the Gallardo introduction, or for the Murcie for that matter. The design of the new models is so predicable, I wish Lambo would have gone crazy and really did some major changes instead of simply putting on different bumpers, I guess it is really only about making profit these days.

Replace the word "lazy" with "cheap" and you'd be more accurate.

Too close to the Gallardo platform being replaced by the next-gen to spend money on the last couple versions of the car.

I know economics are important but maybe they are approaching it from a different angle, if it ain't broken why fix it?

Most customers like the styling of the original Gallardo it has been a success in Lambo's line up and arguably the car that saved Lambo's ass, the platform has been tested to the moon and back by the likes of Heffner we all know it is rock solid along with its mechanical components, to double the power output of a factory car and run it forever without issues it says something about the quality of it.

I don't mind that this car shares the same platform, most of the styling "issues" that the previous G was lacking were improved on as the time went by the car becoming more and more aggressive.

I am very excited about the 570-4 it is the only decent car that we can get in Australia IMO, I guess when people are spoiled for choice they can be pickier and I can understand that.

I would like to hear from Lambo the reasoning behind it but I think it will be easier for me to fly under my own power to the Moon and back.

> The back and side windows in the previous SL were polycarbonate as well if I'm not mistaken.

The triangular side windows were, as was the back window.

In fact, the latter required an after-the-fact "exemption" from the NHTSA.

See http://edocket.access.gpo.gov/2008/E8-8991.htm for the full text of it.

(As I stated earlier) ..... I knew the U.S.A. (bound) cars were not supposed have polycarbonate windows ! It's against our federal safety standards.

As for the (true) engine glass bonnet on U.S.A. (bound) cars .... why do they do that, when the louvered version (bonnet) would be so much lighter ? Poseur factor ?

Two points:

1) I'm not too sure that the U.S. versions will be as light, due to this statement in the description: "The rear windshield and side windows are made from robust and resistant polycarbonate" --- I don't think that's legal for U.S.A. bound cars. :unsure:

2) Same feelings on the 'european SL seats'; because of this following statement (regarding the U.S.A. mandated side airbags): "on optional ‘comfort’ seats only: head/thorax airbag" (are standard). I.E. you can only get 'side airbags' on the comfort seats (i.e. the standard type seats).

Any opinions?

p.s. why was information leading up to this, all so secretive; there is nothing earth-shattering here ?

Replace the word "lazy" with "cheap" and you'd be more accurate.

Too close to the Gallardo platform being replaced by the next-gen to spend money on the last couple versions of the car.

Yes that is what I meant, I know it is all about costs. But then again, Lambo could have redesigned the interior for example when they introduced the LP560 and LP640, with so many (in Lambo terms) of these models and their special editions made it should balance out the additional costs. Compared to the 90's for example, when major changes in the Diablo design (and performance) were made from the standard Diablo to the SE and GT, with merely 150 and 80 cars produced respectively, you can tell Lambos priorities have changed as a result of Audi ownership. Don't get me wrong, Audi ownership was a bless for Lamborghini after so many years of struggling, and it has resulted in probably the best Lambos ever made, I just wish the focus was not so much on the profit as it is now because in my opinion it takes some of the "Lamborghini" in Lamborghini away.

Focus on profit? Are you kidding me? You think they are making money right now? They are lucky to be alive! They are doing all they can to both advance R&D and NOT go under. Have you read the monthly sales reports in the US? You think it's Audi's job to just pour money into them all the time? Lamborghini is doing all it can to remain an INDEPENDENT company that doesn't have Audi breathing down its back to cheapen where they can. I think this new Superlaggera will be a hell of a car and I applaud them for doing all they can to advance the Gallardo platform in spite of weak sales worldwide of any exotics. I think they did a hell of a job in spite of extremely thin budgets throughout the company. They understand what drivers care about the most. When you then look at the numbers on this car, they are impressive as hell. You could say all the same things about the SV, same old interior, etc., until you drive the sucker. Then you realize how many "under the hood" improvements have taken place where I care about them the most. The SV is lightyears ahead of the LP640 and until you drive it you think they look about the same and call them "lazy," or "cheap," yet they are vastly different. I'm guessing the Supergaggera will be just as much of a leap forward on the Gallardo side. I'm looking forward to one of you owners of 560 getting some time behind the wheel for some solid feedback on the differences. I believe this is the Gallardo to have and I think it's going to blow people away.

Oh God, why did they have to do an SL in Verde...I so wanted my SL in Verde Ithica.