Climate control in my Murci flashes "SERVICE" What does that mean?

ijvpet

It seems to be working fine. All the functions work.

Obviously it signifies some sort of problem. It has been in storage for a few years however.

Is there a way I can reset it?

I've seen some civilian cars flash the same warning . It indicates the refrigerant charge is low .

I don't know if this applies to your Murc , but checking it is fairly easy .

I have seen this in cars that have had dead battery's for a long time. There is a reset for the unit. I will need to check some of my books as it has been a while since I have done it. More less you will hold 2 buttons down and turn the key on but I will have to look it up which 2 buttons I will post it tomorrow.

This means that the control panel has detected a fault in some sensors or blend door actuators. This "Service Message" happens only when there is a problem detected it will rarely happens by a dead battery and if it does it is a glitch. I'll P.M. you the procedure info.

This means that the control panel has detected a fault in some sensors or blend door actuators. This "Service Message" happens only when there is a problem detected it will rarely happens by a dead battery and if it does it is a glitch. I'll P.M. you the procedure info.

Wrong!! If it has a fault in the sensors or the flaps it will give a code for the fault or it will say error. When it says service it thinks its a new unit installed. If the cars set for long enough with no power the system can loose its setting and thinks it is a new unit and wants to run a self learn or whats called a reset I have seen this more then once. Press and hold down the auto button turn the key to the on postion the letter I will appear along with the basic control symbol followed by the letter B during the self learn. At the end the unit will switch to auto mode and the temp will set at 23 deg. C. then press and hold the text button 2nd button to the right next to the auto button this will change the temp display back to F.

Let us know after you run the reset how it works out I will bet the service will go away.

I just ran the reset on a car the temp display read 73 deg F when done if it reads in C then do the last part with the text button if it is F then your done.

Wrong!! If it has a fault in the sensors or the flaps it will give a code for the fault or it will say error. When it says service it thinks its a new unit installed. If the cars set for long enough with no power the system can loose its setting and thinks it is a new unit and wants to run a self learn or whats called a reset I have seen this more then once. Press and hold down the auto button turn the key to the on postion the letter I will appear along with the basic control symbol followed by the letter B during the self learn. At the end the unit will switch to auto mode and the temp will set at 23 deg. C. then press and hold the text button 2nd button to the right next to the auto button this will change the temp display back to F.

Let us know after you run the reset how it works out I will bet the service will go away.

I just ran the reset on a car the temp display read 73 deg F when done if it reads in C then do the last part with the text button if it is F then your done.

That is true, but don't bash me yet we are in the same field. My post is from what I have personally seen and repaired. I sent ijvpet a P.M. so I can send the full PDF section of HVAC for the Murci for a better explanation. From my past experience I had a unit that went bad and read service and no error. I tried to do the "First Running - Reset" strategy found on page 21 in the HVAC section and it failed. That's when I proceeded to do the Self Diagnostic found on the following page of the manual and found no errors but the unit will not accept the Reset I had to replace it and it turned out that the vehicle previously before I worked on it had a dead battery and was jumped with a high voltage which had damaged the cluster and the PMC. I had another one with similar case except after the Self Diagnostic I found the heater solenoid valve was at fault.

Jefflambo - P.M. me, thanks.

Thanks gents the reset worked!!!

No more flashing "service" and it works perfectly.

I love this forum. You guys are awesome! Thanks for your help :)

John

• 10 years later...