What kept these from depreciating?

DickSimmons

I like them but wouldn't buy one over $120k for sure. Too many Italian exotics selling around that price range. To me, a Ferrari or Lamborghini is still better than a Ford. 430 and late model Gallardo are better than FGT in every way, maybe except resale value!

Except they pretty much disappear when parked next to one. GT is way faster than both too, just probably not as easy to drive.

I like them but wouldn't buy one over $120k for sure. Too many Italian exotics selling around that price range. To me, a Ferrari or Lamborghini is still better than a Ford. 430 and late model Gallardo are better than FGT in every way, maybe except resale value!

Except they pretty much disappear when parked next to one. The lines on the rear are stunning. GT is way faster than both too, just probably not as easy to drive.

Except they pretty much disappear when parked next to one. GT is way faster than both too, just probably not as easy to drive.

Easier than any of them to drive. When you're putzing around town, its comfortable, easy to drive, less effort than my mini. When you want to haul ass, the car just gets better the faster you go.

Brian, go locate one and drive it. You'll be hooked.

Easier than any of them to drive. When you're putzing around town, its comfortable, easy to drive, less effort than my mini. When you want to haul ass, the car just gets better the faster you go.

Brian, go locate one and drive it. You'll be hooked.

What the deal with the holes in the seats. Peak's car had silver, which leads me to believe these things are a solid material. How is that comfortable?

The car is obviously a top notch car. Look at the fcuking cult following it has! And I too question the LP's smoking it that easily.

What the deal with the holes in the seats. Peak's car had silver, which leads me to believe these things are a solid material. How is that comfortable?

Stock they are black plastic..... exoticare developed a thin aluminum cap that pops in to the existing hole.....you cant tell the difference at all

http://www.exoticare.ca/fordgt/

There are plenty of mods available from many vendors.....even with the low production numbers

Stock they are black plastic..... exoticare developed a thin aluminum cap that pops in to the existing hole.....you cant tell the difference at all

http://www.exoticare.ca/fordgt/

There are plenty of mods available from many vendors.....even with the low production numbers

Can you feel them when you sit on/against them?

Also, care to part with that black, stripe-less GT in your avatar? ;)

Can't feel them at all..

And thanks for the offer...but barring any catastrophe I'll probably take this car to the grave. :icon_mrgreen:

post-13023-1268393872_thumb.jpg

Make mine in Gulf Blue livery. I considered one over my SL, esp since they are a better investment. I just like the SL better. If I could have another car in this price, this would be my choice.

Make mine in Gulf Blue livery. I considered one over my SL, esp since they are a better investment. I just like the SL better. If I could have another car in this price, this would be my choice.

There is one for sale in the classified on fchat for like $230,000 with plastic and only delivery miles on it!

This is a constant thing owners all say, word for word. Ford just got this car right, whatever team designed it should be put in charge of all their performance platforms.

Shocked to hear over 4,000 of them were produced, is that accurate? I thought the figure was half that...

I'm sure it was a member of LP that posted a video of him blasting down over 200mph without his hands on the wheel...Watching all the videos on the www it seems like a very easy car to drive with a VERY useable tq curve.

In the UK they are usually between £120-£150k. Considering they have more or less been the same price since new they have held out REALLY well...

I've only seen the FGT once, probably due to the lack of UK imports so can't comment on it much. At the time I wasn't that impressed with it, I'm not entirely sure why but it just didnt seem "Special" if that makes sense. It has defo grown on me since then, especially considering all the tuning possibilties available for it. In standard form I dont think it looks that special but as an entire package seems great.

I'm a big fan of the modified GT's though. As everybody says Peaks old car would be perrrfect.

They definitely aren't that rare, but a huge number have been totaled. I follow that quite closely and I'd estimate that at least 500 have been completely destroyed, and there's probably another 500 that have been involved in wrecks to one degree or another. I mean, I've heard about two new total losses this week. With no traction control or other driver aids and a mid engine that makes a bunch of power, they show up mangled frequently. When a quarter of the total are no longer no-story cars, the pool has shrunk considerably.

http://www.wlwt.com/news/22808817/detail.html

The last LP560 tested hit 150mph in a little over 15 seconds. Several Ford GTs that have been tested did the same in 18. Go count from zero to three and try to guess how many bus lengths that is at that speed. :icon_thumleft:

You can't make the LP560 a 750hp car with ~10k in bolt ons though. Even a pulley/tune only car will completely demolish a LP560.

• 1 month later...
You can't make the LP560 a 750hp car with ~10k in bolt ons though. Even a pulley/tune only car will completely demolish a LP560.

isn't a pulley and tune worth ~750HP? No way that costs 10k.

isn't a pulley and tune worth ~750HP? No way that costs 10k.

I doubt you'll get 750hp with just pulley/tune.

My car has pulley/tune, accufab tb, ford racing headers, accufab x-pipe and makes 650RWHP. Not sure how much drivetrain loss is on a GT but that should put my car at around 750hp. So pulley/tune only should be slightly less.

i drove an FGT for the first time yesterday and all i can say is that it's FANTASTIC. the car feels rock solidly built and very very easy to drive. i am amazed. my only gripe is the the A-pillar is too big and obstructs vision and the F1 style side mirrors are quite small. everything else considered, the car is amazing -definitely a keeper. would also hope for a better feeling interior.

• 1 year later...

My favorite thing about the GT is the LOOONG gears. It's hard enough to beat up a modded GTR on the street. But not when you have half the shifts to make. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I'm biased obviously... but the GT is so stable and so comfortable it is still my favorite car (sorry Allan HAHA)

you have to really drive this car to appreciate it... it feels so good at speed... you can even drive it across country and be totally comfortable.. (if you fedex your clothes :D)

should find out this fall what I think of the Gallardo at speed :D

i just got my own FGT and drove it on the highway for the first time. and it really surprised me how AMAZING the car is going fast. so stable and comfortable. one of the best i have driven at highspeed. still learning the car so would only run up to 140-160mph. i was already tempted to sell the car as i found it not so comfy going around the city and that i'm too small for the car but everything changed after the drive.

glad i bought and keeping the car. but the gears are so damn LONG! it feels like it take forever to get to redline. maybe i need a pulley/tune/throttle body mod. hahaha.