250+ mph Ford GT in the Mile

OC

It's a VERY quick car, and it looked almost effortless. The owner is 99% sure to make it to the Texas Mile in 2 weeks, and should be faster.

LOL, that car is pretty crazy...253 in 1 mile = crazy!

i remember reading howt hey wanted to go 300mph and i thought they were joking. looks like theyre serious

How much power would that actually require, for a car like that to hit 300mph? And they don't mean 300mph in the mile right? That's pretty much near impossible...

i remember reading howt hey wanted to go 300mph and i thought they were joking. looks like theyre serious

it is geared for 300mph...so they definitely are serious..

Babying the first few gears and still hitting 253mph in the mile? :shock: If this car can hook lower down its easily in the 260-270mph + range. I kept waiting for the acceleration to slow down after 220mph+.............but it didnt :shock:

Ive loved these cars a long time. Its great to see it at the top of the game given such worthy competitors like the TT G's and Supras. It smashed the record with EASE and made it look like a shakedown run lmao...It probably was given how unrelenting the acceleration was once it hooked. Cant wait for the TX mile now for a rerun and possibly an assault on 270-280mph. Congrats to all involved.

I read the ford gt is not going to the Texas Mile. The fastest Porsche in the world that was at the Miami top gun run will be there though. That car ran almost 237mph.

Needless to say, I think Miami is going to be where the big boys go from this point on. Who wants to go to a one stoplight town in Texas when you have South Beach and a better track to run at.

Yes, I haven't been to the TX mile but I have heard a lot of people say that the Miami airstrip is a much better facility.

It is. MUCH better. Goliad is in total bumblefuck and the runway surface is simply not that nice. The South Florida runway is vastly superior and you're not screwed if you don't have a camper.

It is. MUCH better. Goliad is in total bumblefuck and the runway surface is simply not that nice. The South Florida runway is vastly superior and you're not screwed if you don't have a camper.

There are VERY Big events coming to that airport in the near future. To give an example, the first event for top gun run had 45 or so entries, this last event had 81, and there will be 120-150 for the next one. All the big names have been calling the organizer asking when the next one is as they want a shot at the title.

Plus from what I was told the runway is much longer in Miami which is much better to run high speeds at as you have more time to slow down, and don't neccesarily need a parachute as you saw from the world record run.

Babying the first few gears and still hitting 253mph in the mile? :shock: If this car can hook lower down its easily in the 260-270mph + range. I kept waiting for the acceleration to slow down after 220mph+.............but it didnt :shock:

Ive loved these cars a long time. Its great to see it at the top of the game given such worthy competitors like the TT G's and Supras. It smashed the record with EASE and made it look like a shakedown run lmao...It probably was given how unrelenting the acceleration was once it hooked. Cant wait for the TX mile now for a rerun and possibly an assault on 270-280mph. Congrats to all involved.

They are impressive. What surprises me is the speed they obtain with what seems like VERY little aero work done on the cars. I'd imagine that, as velocity increases, incremental gains of aero tweaking would be rewarded with a much faster top speed.

part of me wants one of those cars REAL bad and part of me wants to go REAL fast in one and another part of me is scared shitless of speeds in excess of 160mph on land :icon_mrgreen:

> That beast can outrun a bullet!!!!

Not even close. :-)

253 mph = 113 m/s = 371 ft/s

The wikipedia article on "muzzle velocity" says:

"Muzzle velocities range from subsonic (below 330 m/s / ~1080 ft/s) for some pistols

to more than 1,800 m/s (~5910 ft/s) for tank guns firing kinetic energy penetrator

ammunition. The latter velocity is close to the limit achievable with chemical propellants."

> What surprises me is the speed they obtain with what seems like VERY little aero work done on the cars.

"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines." [Enzo Ferrari]

;-)

"Muzzle velocities range from subsonic (below 330 m/s / ~1080 ft/s) for some pistols

to more than 1,800 m/s (~5910 ft/s) for tank guns firing kinetic energy penetrator

ammunition. The latter velocity is close to the limit achievable with chemical propellants."

LOL....I cant believe you took Blackbulls post literally....LOL

Interesting info though. Didnt know Tank guns fired at that insane velocity. 5910 ft per second is mindboggling if I read that right.

:lol2:

Tremendous!

Great info in that vid. Hes just gotta be off on the mph of his "800rwhp" FGT that he had there. Said its a 10 flat car but at only 132mph????thats not far off the stock cars 128mph not to mention the 131mph C&D got out of one. At 800hp and lack of the typical paracitic losses from the typical f/r car config Im thinking this car should easily be in the 145+mph range not 132mph. Its almost double the stock rwhp figs.

Oh well these guys deserve all the kudos. Hitting 253mph in just a mile is astonishing and that same FGT is a 9.1 @ 160+ car. Gearing for the mile hurts it in the 1/4. Im glad he cleared up the "300mph" topic that had a lot of people on msg boards laughing and scoffing. He says they can hit that in a venue like Bonneville. After seeing that ridiculous acceleration not dropping off even after 240-250mph I believe they will hit 300mph given the room that Bonneville has.