I really need to buy a new gun...

Roman

Post a picture, I'm curious. Do you mean green tip?

Here you go

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very interesting, what do you use it for??

Hunting Coyotes and Prairie Dogs.

A customer gifted me a brand new 15-20 year old Remington 1100 Trap model yesterday.. It should be a nice addition to my over/under.. if any of you guys haven't tried a real sporting clay's course I strongly suggest it, I know I had gotten a little tired of "target shooting" and am obsessed with shooting clay's now. I've been going to a place near me called Lehigh Valley Sporting Clays, it's an abandoned Limestone quarry which makes it really interesting with water features, shooting through windows of half knocked down buildings, etc.

10702110_10107362928574004_2898146650673

and two pics that are not mine of The place I've been going.. It really is a ton of fun.

IMG_5534_zps246bb2e2.jpg

1064702_4951379261838_1155930264_o_zps17

Hunting Coyotes and Prairie Dogs.

If you aren't eating them I would be shooting them with bulk ammo unless I was taking long distance shots. No need to waste good ammo on critter control!

If you aren't eating them I would be shooting them with bulk ammo unless I was taking long distance shots. No need to waste good ammo on critter control!

Actually you don't want to eat anything where the soft point lead fragments inside. If you watch the video it broke up into a million lead particles.

I would consider this bulk ammo. But Im not eating the Coyotes, those you shoot to sell the hides and they are fun to shoot. This ammo is great from what I have been told because it brings them down right away. FMJ I guess will go straight through with little damage, unless you hit the vitals of course.

Last time I hunted Coyotes was in high school when ammo was relatively cheap and all we did was drive around with AKs and SKSs unloading mags on them. Now though I think it would be more fun calling them into 200 yards or less. My favorite hunting memory was during dear season one year. There were some dear in a field and everyone said they are impossible to get close enough to take a shot. Me and my dad snuck up on them to within 150 yards on our stomachs until the shot presented itself. Took it and dropped the biggest buck. Everyone was shocked. Where we hunt everyone knows everyone mostly, so that is kind of cool.

Prairie dogs Ill probably use FMJ, you could shoot a 1000 times on a weekend outing shooting those. Before I hunt those I would love to get a suppressor. You sit on a hill above a colony of 1000's of them, with a suppressor you could shoot almost all day. Most farmers welcome you with open arms, a few greedy ones charge. Free pest control is the way most of them look at it.

I would consider this bulk ammo. But Im not eating the Coyotes, those you shoot to sell the hides and they are fun to shoot. This ammo is great from what I have been told because it brings them down right away. FMJ I guess will go straight through with little damage, unless you hit the vitals of course.

Last time I hunted Coyotes was in high school when ammo was relatively cheap and all we did was drive around with AKs and SKSs unloading mags on them. Now though I think it would be more fun calling them into 200 yards or less. My favorite hunting memory was during dear season one year. There were some dear in a field and everyone said they are impossible to get close enough to take a shot. Me and my dad snuck up on them to within 150 yards on our stomachs until the shot presented itself. Took it and dropped the biggest buck. Everyone was shocked. Where we hunt everyone knows everyone mostly, so that is kind of cool.

Prairie dogs Ill probably use FMJ, you could shoot a 1000 times on a weekend outing shooting those. Before I hunt those I would love to get a suppressor. You sit on a hill above a colony of 1000's of them, with a suppressor you could shoot almost all day. Most farmers welcome you with open arms, a few greedy ones charge. Free pest control is the way most of them look at it.

Get the suppressors. I have them on my .22 rifles and pistols. So much fun and you can shoot anywhere without being noticed!!!!

Our Sniper experience finished up through my company and we have had some amazing feedback! Everyone there stated the best event they have ever been to! We will be offering another Sniper Experience in March. Here is feedback from one of our clients:

Last day of a fantastic week. It is one of those weeks that confirms why I do this. Spent many long hours with a good friend in Jeff Spalding. Made some new ones in the class, and was able to hang out with and learn from men who are among the best trained warriors in the world. Armageddon Tactical Solutions put on a fantastic training that was not only a blast, but covered most every aspect of long range shooting. Tactical application along with training from a world class competitor like Chase Stroud covers just about every base. Coupled with the tremendous effort of Legion OTG it was an experience that will not be soon forgotten. It will feed my training regimen for months to come. No single class with a precision rifle has provided more for me to work on that will be certain to improve every level of my performance. Definitely keep an eye open for future classes from Armageddon Tactical Solutions and make this one if you can, you will not regret it for a minute!

The last day was spent mostly in preparation for and time on the "Little Bird" Helicopter. What a blast that was. Targets ere engaged while moving as fast as 30 knots! Not easy, but I had a hit or two, some in this class just flat out "smoked" this, including a couple of Ranger Instructors. We finished the day with a long range contest, and a door breach at the end.

Take a look at some pretty cool pictures of the helicopter, and keep your eyes open for some more photos and video. There is a ton to process and it will take me awhile, but there is some great stuff coming up.

Here are some images from the event:

post-10287-1413134632_thumb.jpg

post-10287-1413134647_thumb.jpg

post-10287-1413134673_thumb.jpg

post-10287-1413134690_thumb.jpg

post-10287-1413134713_thumb.jpg

post-10287-1413134961_thumb.jpg

post-10287-1413134976_thumb.jpg

post-10287-1413135007_thumb.jpg

post-10287-1413135026_thumb.jpg

post-10287-1413135043_thumb.jpg

Get the suppressors. I have them on my .22 rifles and pistols. So much fun and you can shoot anywhere without being noticed!!!!

Im going to check with my guy Monday. May begin the paper work on a 556 one.

Walmart is having a sale on ZQI 308/762x51 147 grain brass case non magnetic. 9.95 with 20% off comes out to $0.40 a round. Bought 68 boxes. Going back tomorrow for more.

Picked some up. Have you shot any? Reviews seem to be positive, especially for the price.

Picked some up. Have you shot any? Reviews seem to be positive, especially for the price.

No, I don't even have a complete 308 yet. I've got an ammo addiction.

I've been thinking I need to buy a reloading press, but I have to time.

I've been seriously considering it, but it's something you have to take pretty seriously so you don't get yourself blowed up. At the very least I would look at something like the dillon 550, add in the auto case feeder and the powder charge go/no-go stop and you're pretty well set.

Then you can start casting your own bullets and shit gets REALLY cheap.

I've been seriously considering it, but it's something you have to take pretty seriously so you don't get yourself blowed up. At the very least I would look at something like the dillon 550, add in the auto case feeder and the powder charge go/no-go stop and you're pretty well set.

Then you can start casting your own bullets and shit gets REALLY cheap.

yeah, im going to want to have a drink if im in the garage pulling a lever over and over. Not going to be a good look.

BTW, I'm thinking of only doing 223 and 308. Starting out I don't think I want a progressive, single stage with a powder drop. And I have no idea what I'm talking about. SOMEONE help before I blow up my house.

yeah, im going to want to have a drink if im in the garage pulling a lever over and over. Not going to be a good look.

BTW, I'm thinking of only doing 223 and 308. Starting out I don't think I want a progressive, single stage with a powder drop. And I have no idea what I'm talking about. SOMEONE help before I blow up my house.

At the very least start with only rifle or only hand gun ammo so you don't mix the powders up. Put some fast burning pistol powder in your AR and it could turn into a huge fcuking mess.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2011/04...g-ar-15-kaboom/

Even the auto powder drops need a check gauge IMO, people still accidentally double fill them.

This is one of those things if you aren't going to take super seriously I would probably pass. Just buy cheap reloads from LAX or online and keep your fingers/face in tact.

At the very least start with only rifle or only hand gun ammo so you don't mix the powders up. Put some fast burning pistol powder in your AR and it could turn into a huge fcuking mess.

Even the auto powder drops need a check gauge IMO, people still accidentally double fill them.

This is one of those things if you aren't going to take super seriously I would probably pass. Just buy cheap reloads from LAX or online and keep your fingers/face in tact.

:iamwithstupid:

you cant double fill a 223 or 308 case, not enough room. Am I missing something?

you cant double fill a 223 or 308 case, not enough room. Am I missing something?

Depends on the powder, even if it's not a complete double load you can still over fill them.

It's why I have a rule on never running anyone elses hand loads.