I really need to buy a new gun...

Roman

I've had a PS90 for a while (Non SBR of course) -- and it is my favorite gun to shoot. When I bring friends to the range they always shoot it and fall in love with it as well. It may not pack the biggest punch but it sure carries enough rounds and it's a blast to shoot.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahaha a bit. She really does enjoy shooting and I needed something that was cool, she could hold and she would like. In the thread above I list out all of the details as to why. One thing I forgot to mention was price. PS90 rounds have come down to about 40 cents a pop. Sure I can find steel cased 5.56 for about 23 cents a pop but even bulk brass is closer to 27 cents a pop. Let's say she shoots 1k a year out of it (which would be ridiculously high for her!) I am looking at a difference of less than $200 per year to feed that gun. WORTH IT! It is such a cool gun.

Plus I plan on keeping the brass for if I ever get in to reloading or to sell online to someone else to bring the price down a bit.

Nice you got a PS90. You still need that LOP measure or do you have gun in your hands now?

Nice you got a PS90. You still need that LOP measure or do you have gun in your hands now?

Not in my hands yet. Online suggests 13.375 but I wouldn't mind a confirmation if you would be so kind!

Not in my hands yet. Online suggests 13.375 but I wouldn't mind a confirmation if you would be so kind!

OK I will try getting it to you tonight but I am in the middle of blizzard zone so I might be without power/ doing other things so don't take offense if you don't hear from me for a few days.

Need a recomendation for COLD weather gloves that I can work and SHOOT in. I have the standard "mechanic" gloves that are great for dexterity. But my fingers freeze in them.

Need a recomendation for COLD weather gloves that I can work and SHOOT in. I have the standard "mechanic" gloves that are great for dexterity. But my fingers freeze in them.

I would like to know this too. Ive dear hunted a lot in the cold. Ive missed very makeable shots due to having a glove on that keeps you warm. Ive tried so many and most suck, do one thing right but not 2 things and its always a trade off.

As you guys know im still lookig for a handgun. You guys have any opinions on Springfield XD?

My brother in law DDs one. LOVES IT. I enjoy shooting it almost as much as my glock.

Forgot my best friend just picked up one of their newer XDs single stacks and LOVES IT. The grip is pretty damn nice but he added some skater tape to it for some extra grip.

As you guys know im still lookig for a handgun. You guys have any opinions on Springfield XD?

Take a look at the HK VP9 or Walther PPQ. They're two of the best striker fired handguns on the market.

Thanks guys. Yeah I completely forgot about the Springfield guns. I've been looking at the gen 4 glocks and a few sigs. If you were to get a caliber what one would it be? 9mm? 40? 45?

Thanks guys. Yeah I completely forgot about the Springfield guns. I've been looking at the gen 4 glocks and a few sigs. If you were to get a caliber what one would it be? 9mm? 40? 45?

Since you can't carry it I would stick with 9. Cheap and easy to find Ammo for. Get a can and buy some subsonic ammo and get ready to rpetend you are an assassin at your range.

Yeah I was thinking 9 too. I really don't have issues with ammo as I order online. What do you guys do? I was looking at the .40s&w too.

I have an XD40. Its a great gun, just hard for concealing. I prefer my Ruger LC9 for that.

Yeah I was thinking 9 too. I really don't have issues with ammo as I order online. What do you guys do? I was looking at the .40s&w too.

Never been a fan of 40.

Gunbot.net

Rareammo.com

Yeah I go through bulk ammo.com. Any reason for the dislike on the .40?

I'd rather carry extra ammo with a 9 or stopping power with a 45. The FBI only went with 40 cause they couldn't handle 10mm.

Im looking at the M series right now.

I know this may not have even crossed you mind, but a revolver is a good choice for a 1st gun too. The classic S&W 686 with a 4" barrel is a great first or only gun. Can shoot .357 Magnum when you want to pack a wallop. And they can also shoot .38 special when you want to plink and keep ammo costs down.

If I could ONLY pick one gun. It would be the 4" S&W 686.

If you're only interested in a semi auto, my vote would go to Glock 19. Cheap to shoot, reliable, can be stripped down to the bare frame and cleaned with only a punch tool. Tons of parts support and aftermarket support. Can't say that about most guns out there. Have a parts problem and you are going to have to take it to a gunsmith or ship it to the maker for repairs.

If you have some ranges where you can rent, it would help a lot with your decision. If you ask others you will get 1,000 different answers.

I'd rather carry extra ammo with a 9 or stopping power with a 45. The FBI only went with 40 cause they couldn't handle 10mm.

Dude lives in Maryland. He can't carry, and State law probably requires him to keep it in a safe box at the police station and can only take it to the range with Feinstein's written authorization. Bigger holes for the fine folks of Maryland only mean bigger expenses.

Never been a fan of 40.

Why? I obviously own a 40. Ive never had a complaint, Ive never had to shoot anyone either. But I have seen a lot of hat for 40. Why?

Dude lives in Maryland. He can't carry, and State law probably requires him to keep it in a safe box at the police station and can only take it to the range with Feinstein's written authorization. Bigger holes for the fine folks of Maryland only mean bigger expenses.

Ha. I know but he asked why so I told him my opinion. He can still have it in his house for self defense.

Why? I obviously own a 40. Ive never had a complaint, Ive never had to shoot anyone either. But I have seen a lot of hat for 40. Why?

The round (tactically speaking) doesn't do anything well. You want to carry a bunch of ammo...get a 9. You want a big round...get a 45. You want both get a 10mm.

Granted I still wouldn't want to get shot with a 40.

Yeah I plan on renting some when I go to the range. I just wanted to have a list of a few to rent really. Like my top 4 or whatever and go from there. I do think it's only one 4 hour class so that's nice. Just have to go get some finger prints done.

Where in MD are you? If you own a business you can get a permit to carry.

I have a 1911 which I think is a great gun/design. That said I wouldn't want to carry it. I also have an XDM