I really need to buy a new gun...

Roman

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's sponsored by Prime Ammo who are also good friends of mine. If anyone or even if Lambo Power owners are interested, I'm sure I can get a group buy code for you guys. Their stuff ain't cheap and it's becoming very popular. http://www.primeammo.com/

Prime Ammo is good to go next to reloading. We used it back to back with other factory match ammo on a DDM course we had going on. Prime surpassed the rest by a good margin. We used there 308 and 300.

Prime Ammo is good to go next to reloading. We used it back to back with other factory match ammo on a DDM course we had going on. Prime surpassed the rest by a good margin. We used there 308 and 300.

Same feedback here with Prime. That have really taken care of us in the past and they group really well/consistent. We also use a local company called Atomic Ammunition. Most of our govt/mil ammo for gas and bolt guns comes from Jeff from Black Hills.

I'll share that feedback with the guys, they'll be glad to hear it!

Same feedback here with Prime. That have really taken care of us in the past and they group really well/consistent. We also use a local company called Atomic Ammunition. Most of our govt/mil ammo for gas and bolt guns comes from Jeff from Black Hills.

Like I mentioned, I'm sure I can get anyone taken care of for events or group buys. Just let me know

Whats up brother! I see you finished up a 6.5 Cree..Sweet!

Whats up brother! I see you finished up a 6.5 Cree..Sweet!

All is well! Yes, just put this together yesterday at home since I had some time. I just need to take apart again to drop the trigger pac...did not have the pins at home ugh. It is a 6.5 Creedmoor. McMillan A5 Adj stock, Bartlein barrel, ArkAngel suppressor by Crux/templar tactical, Timney trigger, Stiller's Precision action made for us and a Leupold Mark 8 (3.5-25x56mm ER/T) w TReMoR3 illum.

post-10287-1469486368_thumb.jpg

I'll share that feedback with the guys, they'll be glad to hear it!

Like I mentioned, I'm sure I can get anyone taken care of for events or group buys. Just let me know

Are you an employee of Prime and if so what is your job title there? Just curious if you are my company's contact.

Decided to take the large frame AR plunge. Picked up a Mega Arms Maten receiver set. Anyone have any experience w/ JP low mass BCG? Charlie whats your take on usable barrel life of 6.5 vs. .308 ?

Historically speaking I tend to be pretty hard on my rifles and the idea of switching out barrels every 2-4k seems crazy.

Decided to take the large frame AR plunge. Picked up a Mega Arms Maten receiver set. Anyone have any experience w/ JP low mass BCG? Charlie whats your take on usable barrel life of 6.5 vs. .308 ?

Historically speaking I tend to be pretty hard on my rifles and the idea of switching out barrels every 2-4k seems crazy.

What's the ultimate use of the rifle? Bench shooting? Competition?

What's the ultimate use of the rifle? Bench shooting? Competition?

More bench shooting than anything, weight isn't that large of a factor. I am thinking 20 - 24" length depending on caliber. The whole idea of the ar10 build is basically a drunken bet to beat up on my bud's r700. Being in SW Ohio I'm fairly limited to less than 800 yds. I'm only considering the 6.5 as ammo is similarly priced, IDK if I honestly would extend past 1000 enough times to merit it's use past novelty.

More bench shooting than anything, weight isn't that large of a factor. I am thinking 20 - 24" length depending on caliber. The whole idea of the ar10 build is basically a drunken bet to beat up on my bud's r700. Being in SW Ohio I'm fairly limited to less than 800 yds. I'm only considering the 6.5 as ammo is similarly priced, IDK if I honestly would extend past 1000 enough times to merit it's use past novelty.

I only ask because I'm going to be doing the same build for a long distance shooter (out to 800yds or so). My theory is to utilize the same BCG along with testing out buffer springs and adjusting the gas block to create a very light recoil setup. The lighter BCGs from my experience just require more cleaning and are more sensitive to ammo, but for our purposes it shouldn't be an issue.

It is going to be up to user and climate (environment). I have seen both rounds shoot 4-8k rounds without replacing and still holding an ok group. It will depend how particular that shooter is. for example a bench comp shooter may replace every 1k because that is where he is comfortable for replacement while guys shooting steel/hunting and ok in having a decent group will shoot till the barrel shows it needs to get replaced...which can be again from 4-8k depending on climate, dusty environments, how often it got cleaned, etc.

Do not decide on a round because of life of a barrel. If you are just shooting out to 800 yards you can not go wrong with either a 308 or 6.5. If going over 1,100 yards you will want to go to a 6.5

Are you an employee of Prime and if so what is your job title there? Just curious if you are my company's contact.

Not an employee. My buddy Jason Davis aka Southerncrossllc on instagram has a stake in it. My other buddy Mark Owen www.markowenseal.com promotes and uses it frequently.

Not an employee. My buddy Jason Davis aka Southerncrossllc on instagram has a stake in it. My other buddy Mark Owen www.markowenseal.com promotes and uses it frequently.

Right on! We work with the owner Jim O directly when we have used Prime. Great guy and customer service has been on point!

Anyone seen the XM556 mini-minigun?? I just got an email about it. Is it the next Shrike?

Seen it. Unless they are making a semi auto version which kind of defeats the purpose then no it is not the next Shrike. The Shrike gave you a belt fed AR (COOL) and if you already had an auto sear it gave you a fully auto box fed AR kind of like a mini M249 (DOUBLE COOL).

Right on! We work with the owner Jim O directly when we have used Prime. Great guy and customer service has been on point!

Yeah, great people and company! I've been fortunate to be involved with some of these guys. Now I gotta get started on my collection. Glock 19 soon and hopefully send out for some work from Fowler Industries. :headbang:

Charlie, were you able to get some rounds down range on the new build yet? I mean after traveling the US. hahaha. Oh and I might bring the fam out to ya neck of the woods to rent a house for a quick vaca next month sometime. Ill let ya know when we get more confirmed dates..

And a little different subject. But have you seen anything new regarding lockable standing gun racks for SUVs. Picked up a new work truck (G63) and its time to install equipment in there. Just wanted to check if you came across anything new worth checking out.

Charlie, were you able to get some rounds down range on the new build yet? I mean after traveling the US. hahaha. Oh and I might bring the fam out to ya neck of the woods to rent a house for a quick vaca next month sometime. Ill let ya know when we get more confirmed dates..

And a little different subject. But have you seen anything new regarding lockable standing gun racks for SUVs. Picked up a new work truck (G63) and its time to install equipment in there. Just wanted to check if you came across anything new worth checking out.

Congrats on the new G! Still a big fan of them! Definitely keep me posted once you have dates set for AZ. I have not shot the 6.5 yet...still need to zero and do my ballistic calc on my phone when I do. We have some good civilian PSD gigs this month so that has kept me busy. Sept we have OGA here in AZ Sept 5-20 for training so if you are out here during that time you will want to go out with us one night and meet some of these men.

As for lockable standing gun racks in the car please let me know what you find. We unfortunately do not lock our weapons in our vehicles. My dedicated work vehicle literally has no seats in the back and we built a rack to fit kits, weapons (in cases), ammo, etc. We did consider a rack system from the ceiling of the vehicle but did not find any that would function how we would like. We were planning on fabricating something but never did.

You guys have any recommendations for a scope? Just waiting on the piston kit to arrive to finish the build but still haven't nailed down the glass yet. Would like to be able to get decent groups at 100yd and hit 10" plates out to 300. Leupold VXR 3-9x looks interesting, but I really don't have any experience here, just reading a lot.

Can I get anything decent sub $1k?

I ended up using that Larue 16" barrel with a VG6 Gamma break.

You could rock a eotech and a 3x magnifier and probably make that work. I'd look at some if the 1x6 cqc scopes they have out there.

To be honest I'd check out primary arms and vortex. They make some nice stuff. Bushnell also has a pretty slick 1x6 with an RMR on it so you can sight the RMR for 50 yards and the scope for 100. I'll try and dig up some links.