I really need to buy a new gun...

Roman

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys have any recommendations for a scope? Just waiting on the piston kit to arrive to finish the build but still haven't nailed down the glass yet. Would like to be able to get decent groups at 100yd and hit 10" plates out to 300. Leupold VXR 3-9x looks interesting, but I really don't have any experience here, just reading a lot.

Can I get anything decent sub $1k?

I ended up using that Larue 16" barrel with a VG6 Gamma break.

Check out Aimpoint. Hannibal's suggestion on the eotech and 3x magnifier is spot on. My buddy swears by that and used it heavily in combat. Eotech caught some heat recently, but alot of vets I know used them with no issues.

Congrats on the new G! Still a big fan of them! Definitely keep me posted once you have dates set for AZ. I have not shot the 6.5 yet...still need to zero and do my ballistic calc on my phone when I do. We have some good civilian PSD gigs this month so that has kept me busy. Sept we have OGA here in AZ Sept 5-20 for training so if you are out here during that time you will want to go out with us one night and meet some of these men.

As for lockable standing gun racks in the car please let me know what you find. We unfortunately do not lock our weapons in our vehicles. My dedicated work vehicle literally has no seats in the back and we built a rack to fit kits, weapons (in cases), ammo, etc. We did consider a rack system from the ceiling of the vehicle but did not find any that would function how we would like. We were planning on fabricating something but never did.

Will definitely keep you posted on when Ill be out there! And a huge plus to come and get some training in with different teams, and Ill bring the cigars, haha. I appreciate the invite! OGA is always a interesting group of people. You never know what you'll get :-) When it gets a little closer Ill shoot you a pm brother.

And we have always transport our weapons in hard cases as well. After posting that question I couldn't find standing lockable long gun racks that would suit my needs either. I will fab up some cage racks (side of the cargo areas) to keep the gear and equipment organized. If I come across anything that might work Ill let ya know.

Will definitely keep you posted on when Ill be out there! And a huge plus to come and get some training in with different teams, and Ill bring the cigars, haha. I appreciate the invite! OGA is always a interesting group of people. You never know what you'll get :-) When it gets a little closer Ill shoot you a pm brother.

And we have always transport our weapons in hard cases as well. After posting that question I couldn't find standing lockable long gun racks that would suit my needs either. I will fab up some cage racks (side of the cargo areas) to keep the gear and equipment organized. If I come across anything that might work Ill let ya know.

Sounds good!

Thought you guys would appreciate this. My friend retired from the teams and moved out to AZ (he and his family...totally pumped...and a big move for them)! This arrived from VA beach to AZ and it is his retirement gift. If you look at the lower part of the bar it has two of his AI 300 WM barrels. The shadow box rises up from the top of the bar so it can be hidden or displayed. Realize all this stuff was in boxes (nobody really has this stuff out on the teams at home on display) so this is pretty bold for even my Bro to have out.

Thought you guys would appreciate this. My friend retired from the teams and moved out to AZ (he and his family...totally pumped...and a big move for them)! This arrived from VA beach to AZ and it is his retirement gift. If you look at the lower part of the bar it has two of his AI 300 WM barrels. The shadow box rises up from the top of the bar so it can be hidden or displayed. Realize all this stuff was in boxes (nobody really has this stuff out on the teams at home on display) so this is pretty bold for even my Bro to have out.

That's awesome. Did he use the 1911 on deployment also?

Charlie, might want to black out his name for PERSEC.

Charlie, might want to black out his name for PERSEC.

Yeah, that is a good idea. How do I do it since it is already posted?

Yeah, that is a good idea. How do I do it since it is already posted?

Try to edit your post and delete the attachment from your post, here's an edited version with it blurred and smaller resolution.

Brodie_shadow_box.jpg

Right on guys! Thank you! What is RD contact name under member query?

Roman

Porter

Destructo

Any MOD should be able to help.

All good bro. Thank your buddy for his service! Was he a color or a number? I've got a couple buds who were colors.

Im sure I asked this before, I cant remember. I want an over an under 12 gauge shot gun mostly for trap shooting, maybe some hunting. Does any one else shoot shot gun, that has some recommendations? I shoot a 10 week summer league and a 8 week fall league every year. I use a semi auto Beretta now. I'll probably buy something about January. $1,000-1500 or so price range.

Im sure I asked this before, I cant remember. I want an over an under 12 gauge shot gun mostly for trap shooting, maybe some hunting. Does any one else shoot shot gun, that has some recommendations? I shoot a 10 week summer league and a 8 week fall league every year. I use a semi auto Beretta now. I'll probably buy something about January. $1,000-1500 or so price range.

I've been looking for a 12 gauge O/U 28in barrel vent rib fiber optic front site with a single trigger...not that I am being highly specific or anything. I keep seeing Lanbers pop up in my CDNN Sports weekly emails for under 1500. Just haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Thus Winchester checks most of the boxes. It's 26in instead of 28in and has a bead front site but that can be replaced.

https://www.cdnnsports.com/101-new-ltd-12-2...v.html?___SID=U

I've been looking for a 12 gauge O/U 28in barrel vent rib fiber optic front site with a single trigger...not that I am being highly specific or anything. I keep seeing Lanbers pop up in my CDNN Sports weekly emails for under 1500. Just haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Thus Winchester checks most of the boxes. It's 26in instead of 28in and has a bead front site but that can be replaced.

https://www.cdnnsports.com/101-new-ltd-12-2...v.html?___SID=U

Thats not a bad price. I have not looked at that model before. I will next time I am in a store. I dont want to buy something with out first handling the gun. I have a 26 inch barrel on my current shot gun, so I might be ok with it.

I would suggest that you raise your budget just slightly and get a Beretta Silver Pigeon 1. They are the gold standard for into level, high end shotguns. They hold value incredibly well if you ever want to upgrade. For $1950, you get a gun that is mechanically identical to those that Beretta produces in the $7k+ range.

• 2 weeks later...

Selling my McMilan Tac50. With my back surgery coming this Friday it is not a good idea to get behind this caliber in the future. Make any reasonable offer (be realistic and do your homework of what these weapons sell for). Comes with a soft case and a pelican hard case that is cut for the weapon. Comes with two magazines. Does not come with an optic but can get you any optic you wish if you need one for this weapon. If you wish to have hands on instruction on this weapon from getting set up with your optic, zeroed, ballistic computer set up and even get a one mile hit I can do a package deal (we can shoot out to a mile in AZ at one of our ranges...and you will hit a mile with this weapon). This is the only photo I have of it on this computer right now and any interested parties I will then post more images of the gun itself.

post-10287-1472697166_thumb.jpg

Back surgery!!! Wishing you the best Charlie!

Thank you Brother!

• 2 weeks later...

What kind of ARs do you guys recommend? I have always been an "AK guy", but I would like to get an AR now. I have heard good things about Colt's LE model AR-15s, but I am pretty ignorant about what makes a good or bad AR.

What kind of ARs do you guys recommend? I have always been an "AK guy", but I would like to get an AR now. I have heard good things about Colt's LE model AR-15s, but I am pretty ignorant about what makes a good or bad AR.

BCM makes great quality ARs.