I really need to buy a new gun...

Roman

What kind of ARs do you guys recommend? I have always been an "AK guy", but I would like to get an AR now. I have heard good things about Colt's LE model AR-15s, but I am pretty ignorant about what makes a good or bad AR.

HK MR556. See if you can get an HK416 upper for it. It will be over-the-beach-capable if it is installed.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What kind of ARs do you guys recommend? I have always been an "AK guy", but I would like to get an AR now. I have heard good things about Colt's LE model AR-15s, but I am pretty ignorant about what makes a good or bad AR.

Build don't buy. That is my recommendation. Then you get 100% what you want and can control costs. I've bought 1 complete upper...everything else has been purchased on an individual component level and then assembled by hand. Lots of fun and gives you a greater understanding of how the firearm operates. I'd be happy to send you specs on some of my builds if you are interested.

That being said if you go off of the shelf, BC, Colt, Wyndham Weaponry (formerly Bushmaster) and PSA are good places to start.

Selling my McMilan Tac50. With my back surgery coming this Friday it is not a good idea to get behind this caliber in the future. Make any reasonable offer (be realistic and do your homework of what these weapons sell for). Comes with a soft case and a pelican hard case that is cut for the weapon. Comes with two magazines. Does not come with an optic but can get you any optic you wish if you need one for this weapon. If you wish to have hands on instruction on this weapon from getting set up with your optic, zeroed, ballistic computer set up and even get a one mile hit I can do a package deal (we can shoot out to a mile in AZ at one of our ranges...and you will hit a mile with this weapon). This is the only photo I have of it on this computer right now and any interested parties I will then post more images of the gun itself.

You can switch to this one, that weights less than the half of that cannon: ok, it's "just" a .338, but it's enough... ;)

ciao

25qgpro.jpg

Build don't buy. That is my recommendation. Then you get 100% what you want and can control costs. I've bought 1 complete upper...everything else has been purchased on an individual component level and then assembled by hand. Lots of fun and gives you a greater understanding of how the firearm operates. I'd be happy to send you specs on some of my builds if you are interested.

That being said if you go off of the shelf, BC, Colt, Wyndham Weaponry (formerly Bushmaster) and PSA are good places to start.

Agreed. I just finished my first build that was all piecemeal parts from various online vendors and what I could source from local gun shows. Was able to save on most of the parts so I could spring for some upgrades; Timney Trigger, nickel boron BCG, etc. Plus, the benefit of putting it all together yourself will help when/if you might decide to upgrade other parts. Still haven't put a round through mine but I'm hoping to soon.

CE890FA0_0618_47FE_8C9B_E4F5FBE676C2__1_.JPG

Thanks! BUIS will be picked up probably at the next gun show along with some other add-ons for the hand guard. That thing is far too naked right now given all of the accessories that are available.

Just sent you an email. Always support a members new venture when I can and they look awesome! :icon_thumleft:

:iamwithstupid:

Congrats Mark, email sent.

I'll take a pair to try out. Email you direct?

Yeah, drop me an email! [email protected] Any LP guys just email me and Ill discount you! Don't forget to include your usernames.

Just sent you an email. Always support a members new venture when I can and they look awesome! :icon_thumleft:

Thanks man! It means a lot!

Proud moment for me, made it on to Soldier Systems. If anyone is interested in getting a pair, don't hesitate to contact me.

http://soldiersystems.net/2016/09/13/oxcart-v2-jeans/

Mark

[email protected]

Congrats and looks pretty good. Im really curious on the stretch and comfort, more so in terms with guys that have some legs on them. Ill scoop up a couple and test them out. For myself and few of my guys that have thicker legs, is in-vehicle comfort and heavy movement. Ill shoot you a email soon bud.

Willis

Congrats and looks pretty good. Im really curious on the stretch and comfort, more so in terms with guys that have some legs on them. Ill scoop up a couple and test them out. For myself and few of my guys that have thicker legs, is in-vehicle comfort and heavy movement. Ill shoot you a email soon bud.

Willis

Willis thats means alot, thank you! Email me directly, [email protected] and Ill give u the same LP deal as the boys. Stretch and comfort were priority on these and all the feedback Ive gotten has been positive on it. There's going to be plenty of leg room.

Mark

You can switch to this one, that weights less than the half of that cannon: ok, it's "just" a .338, but it's enough... ;)

ciao

25qgpro.jpg

Thank you for the offer but my company manufacturers bolt guns. I will be shooting just 6.5 and 260 now. The 260 round has taken off big time for builds for us for the mil/govt.

Proud moment for me, made it on to Soldier Systems. If anyone is interested in getting a pair, don't hesitate to contact me.

http://soldiersystems.net/2016/09/13/oxcart-v2-jeans/

Mark

[email protected]

Congratulations! :icon_thumleft:

Hey man, take that picture down showing the serial number, or at least block it out.

Thanks! Didn't realize I had posted it. It has been too long for me to edit. Mods please take it down.

• 3 weeks later...

Anybody know where I can get a good deal on 7.62 nato. Specifically m80 or m118lr????

M118 at UNAMMO.COM for $600/500. Never used them but a quick search found that deal

Edit: SGAMMO.COM has it for $530. Great place to order from. Use them alot