I really need to buy a new gun...

Roman

Nice! I have 3 builds underway back home and 1 complete right now. Let me know how the Bushnell holds up. I've always rocked EOTech or Primary Arms. I have Magpul back up on all my builds but not the pro version.

Thank you! I can't wait to see the outcome. Bushnell is good so far i'd say I've run about 500 rounds through it and its holding true so far. I really can't complain for the money I spent, that gun is just a pinker. Most EOtechs are more than the gun which I couldn't justify maybe on the 5.56 in the future with a magnifier.

Good stuff! I have 3 lowers and 5 cans waiting for me at my dealer back home. Almost all my cans are AAC but I have a Huntertown Arms can and a Freedom Armory can (supporting the local guy). You are going to love it.

Can's are next, I hope!

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know at one time people in here said they dont do much hunting. But I thought this would be the best place to ask. I want to hunt Wild Pigs sometime. Has anyone here done it and if so where do you recommend? I would prefer to do it at some ranch in probably Texas or Oklahoma, but Im open to other areas.

And if anyone is thinking about saying its barbaric or cruel. They are very much a nuisance and I would have all the meat cut up and brought back with me. They are very delicious and very similar to the pork you buy in a store.

Go to South Texas. They would probably pay you to shoot them. My buddy has a ranch down there and I thought it would be great to shoot them. I blasted one with a slug and it let out this horrific squeal. I actually felt bad. I'll just stick to shooting birds. LOL

My new fidget spinner 1873 model in .45 Colt. Always wanted one. Love this thing. Just like they had back in the day. No safeties, no lawyer locks, no transfer bars. If it was about 7-10oz lighter I'd conceal carry it on occasion. LOL It naturally points good, well balanced, recoil is not bad.

vhuxr9.jpg

post-5221-1495772823_thumb.png

• 4 months later...

A couple builds my company has done for two charities coming up:

Operation Valor/Chris Kyle Memorial. We are donating a Glock 19 Gen 5 that we did some custom mods to. This will be a live auction item. I unfortunately will not be able to make this event. Here is a link to the event if anyone will be in Dallas this Friday, Oct 27:

http://fallenheroes.run/veterans-benefit-dinner/

MARSOC Foundation/Marine Raider Foundation/Operation Hero Project - We are donating a custom 300WM bolt gun on a McMillan A5 adj. Stock. I will be at this event so pm me if you are going. This will be at Scottsdale Gun Club November 3rd:

https://marsocfoundation.org/events/categor...nts/2017-11-03/

post-10287-1508785363.jpg

post-10287-1508785382.jpg

post-10287-1508785395.jpg

post-10287-1508785412.jpg

post-10287-1508785426.jpg

post-10287-1508785438.jpg

post-10287-1508785468.jpg

• 2 months later...

Nice SCL_Blackbird!

One of our builds...9mm sub machine-gun suppressed...

post-10287-1516330674.jpg

post-10287-1516330688.jpg

post-10287-1516330698.jpg

post-10287-1516330706.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I've been saying for so fcuking long that I want a suppressor. So today I finally started the process. Bought a Yankee Hill Machine 22-22mag and 17HMR one. So hoping July to September I should have it. Plan on putting it on my 17HMR, Ruger 10/22, and Browning Buckmark 22.

Question to my lefty friends! I am building ARs for my boys (talked about that on here before) and it suddenly hit me this week that my youngest is a lefty. I've known he was a left since he was 6-7 months old but I never thought about it when it comes to shooting. I know I can set up an AR lower to be ambiance and that's how I prefer to build them anyway. My question is should I build him a lefty upper? Part of me says yes so that it is HIS gun and part of me says no since 99% of the guns out there are going to be set up for a eighty and I want him comfortable behind firearms not just his own personal.

What do you leftys do?

I'm left handed, but bad vision on my left eye so I shoot rifles right handed and it feels natural to me. I don't think he will have any issue shooting right handed.

I've been saying for so fcuking long that I want a suppressor. So today I finally started the process. Bought a Yankee Hill Machine 22-22mag and 17HMR one. So hoping July to September I should have it. Plan on putting it on my 17HMR, Ruger 10/22, and Browning Buckmark 22.

Nice. I am up to almost a dozen cans at this point. I was about to add 3 more this week. KYGun was running a blow out and were dumping AAC M4-2000 at 250 a pop. MSRP is 800. Unfortunately the email came while I was sleeping and they were sold out when I woke up.

I'm left handed, but bad vision on my left eye so I shoot rifles right handed and it feels natural to me. I don't think he will have any issue shooting right handed.

Thanks. I've been building the lefty son a righty AR. He will figure it out.

Picked up an FN FNX-45 Tactical in FDE. Used off a buddy and it comes with a vortex RMR. One of these days I'm going to have to cruise through the US and pick up my stash from my dealer.

Nice. I am up to almost a dozen cans at this point. I was about to add 3 more this week. KYGun was running a blow out and were dumping AAC M4-2000 at 250 a pop. MSRP is 800. Unfortunately the email came while I was sleeping and they were sold out when I woke up.

Wow that is super cheap. The one I got ended up being $300 with a lifetime warranty.

Wow that is super cheap. The one I got ended up being $300 with a lifetime warranty.

Solid. You are going to love them and want one for every gun you own. I think I paid around 450 for my Mini-4 and the two 56-SD cans were right around 500 a pop.

I guess I am an AAC fanboy but their cans have always treated me well and I've never heard of anyone having an issue that they didn't take care of. All but two of my cans are from them so when I saw the sale on the M4-2000 I was ready to jump.

I need a 45 can for my FNX now...

Solid. You are going to love them and want one for every gun you own. I think I paid around 450 for my Mini-4 and the two 56-SD cans were right around 500 a pop.

I guess I am an AAC fanboy but their cans have always treated me well and I've never heard of anyone having an issue that they didn't take care of. All but two of my cans are from them so when I saw the sale on the M4-2000 I was ready to jump.

I need a 45 can for my FNX now...

I want one for my M4, but i dont really use it. It would be nice to get one for my dear/elk riffle too. At some point im sure I will.

Picked up an FN FNX-45 Tactical in FDE. Used off a buddy and it comes with a vortex RMR. One of these days I'm going to have to cruise through the US and pick up my stash from my dealer.

Great pickup, I love mine and it is FDE too. I found a sale awhile back on Trijicon RMR and grabbed one for my FNX.

Great pickup, I love mine and it is FDE too. I found a sale awhile back on Trijicon RMR and grabbed one for my FNX.

You running a can? If so which one?

You running a can? If so which one?

No can on it at this point. Every time I go to pull the trigger on a can, I end up buying a new gun instead.

Last gun I picked up was a Beretta PX4 Storm in .40 for $300, never shot one but figured for the price couldn't pass it up. My local shop puts one gun on sale each month, and the longer it goes in the month without selling, the more they mark it down.

• 2 weeks later...

This is on MSN right now "BREAKING NEWS: President Trump directs Justice Department to ban gun modifications like bump stocks used in Las Vegas massacre."

No details though

This is on MSN right now "BREAKING NEWS: President Trump directs Justice Department to ban gun modifications like bump stocks used in Las Vegas massacre."

No details though

Doesnt bother me either way. I see it being hard to ban though. Since it just makes a shooting technique easier.

This “ban” is quite interesting. Myself, I don’t give two shits about “bump stocks, et. Al” for the gimmicks of this side of firearms. However, does this “gift” to partisan politics start a slippery slope for future bans? I can see the potential, which is very concerning. Granted, if this is considered a “Right side giving something to the Left, what has the Left given up? Nothing in any respect that i see. It doesn’t fit the scorched earth “never give Trump anything” drum they are beating. It’ll be curious to see what plays out with this.

Im with you. This is nothing more then an empty gesture, which personally I think they needed to make. I would have been fine with "stricter" background checks or making a person wait a day ot two extra to pick up their AR. Banning and confiscation are stupid. Neither will work, and you'll deeply piss off half the country. So naturally, some useless legislation is the only answer that will accomplish nothing in terms of safety, but will make a few lefties feel cozy and accomplished.

Im with you. This is nothing more then an empty gesture, which personally I think they needed to make. I would have been fine with "stricter" background checks or making a person wait a day ot two extra to pick up their AR. Banning and confiscation are stupid. Neither will work, and you'll deeply piss off half the country. So naturally, some useless legislation is the only answer that will accomplish nothing in terms of safety, but will make a few lefties feel cozy and accomplished.

Empty gesture or not, it could set a dangerous precedent, I suppose time will tell. That being said, if they enforced the rules in place, (or acted on the tips submitted!!!!) in the case of Parkland at least, it would potentially been avoided.

The AR isn’t the issue, more crimes are committed with handguns than AR’s, and the majority of gun crimes against another person are committed with illegal and un-registered (undocumented lol) firearms. So registration, confiscation like you said just doesn’t work. It only holds back the law-abiding citizens who would willingly comply. Sadly, the libs who are argue for total gun control can’t be reasoned with, if it doesn’t fit their narrative, or their agenda it is unacceptable. Which is ironic, they won’t accept objective facts and subscribe only to their skewed “facts” to push their agenda. I mean I know some on the right who do it as well, but it’s not near as prevalent or widespread as the left.

I completely agree...but also, I think its a direct sign of what's wrong with society. So many parents hear a kid wants to go to school and murder as many of their classmates as possible, and their first reaction is...WE BETTER BAN THE GUNS!! Not the fact of....holy shit, why does this kid want to murder people/friends/classmates. Society has passed the buck on pointing out our own flaws. Its always someone or something elses fault. And in this case, its the gun.

I completely agree...but also, I think its a direct sign of what's wrong with society. So many parents hear a kid wants to go to school and murder as many of their classmates as possible, and their first reaction is...WE BETTER BAN THE GUNS!! Not the fact of....holy shit, why does this kid want to murder people/friends/classmates. Society has passed the buck on pointing out our own flaws. Its always someone or something elses fault. And in this case, its the gun.

:iamwithstupid:

I’ve often wondered, we have armed guards at airports, banks, government buildings, grocery stores, retail stores; and society as a whole accepts this, protect the stuff, and doesn’t want armed protection at schools?! It’s asinine that people value a big screen tv over school children. It boggles my mind. Hopefully the tide changes, but there should be armed protection at all schools, simple as that. Metal detectors at all entrances and armed staff. If you can’t get into an airplane for vacation as a child or adult without going through a screening and ‘thorough’ evaluation, it shouldn’t be any different when you have a large group of innocents and defenseless kids.

Hopefully the tide changes, but there should be armed protection at all schools, simple as that. Metal detectors at all entrances and armed staff.

Metal detectors and armed guards in all schools? Military parades? Welcome to the United States of North Korea :lol2: I was wondering why there wasn't a thread about the shooting. I feel absolutely horrible for these kids and their families...and to think there's people actually trying to tell them that what they went through was FAKE. I really hope no one here is that far removed from reality. I'm not gonna turn this tread into a political debate, though a debate clearly needs to be had.