I really need to buy a new gun...

Roman

Metal detectors and armed guards in all schools? Military parades? Welcome to the United States of North Korea :lol2: I was wondering why there wasn't a thread about the shooting. I feel absolutely horrible for these kids and their families...and to think there's people actually trying to tell them that what they went through was FAKE. I really hope no one here is that far removed from reality. I'm not gonna turn this tread into a political debate, though a debate clearly needs to be had.

Please, enlighten me how protecting schools is a bad thing? So should we not have any armed guards or metal detectors in any place? Business? Government or otherwise? What’s your threshold? How about an alternate solution? It’s easy to say it won’t work, get creative and tell me what might then.

And don’t try the “i don’t want to get political here” after espousing your political bullshit. I won’t stand for your limp-wristed attempts at trying to get jabs in at people you don’t agree with. So strap in junior.

Did anyone here mentioned military parades? Did anyone here draw parallels to North Korea? Did anyone mention the conspiracy theories about Parkland? Did anyone here say that it was fake or that what happened wasn’t tragic? Only one person that I can see; you. So next time you want to imply people that disagree with you are “that far removed from reality,” because while you don’t explicitly say that, it’s quite implied. So consider who is digging up garbage “talking points” to “try and make a point” or come off as the intelligenista who while may have good intentions, actually comes off as not knowing their ass from a hole in the ground.

Oscar Wilde is quoted saying, “I’m not young enough to know everything.”

So listen, you’re a good kid, i like you well enough, and we like having you around here, so take it with a grain of salt, and don’t take it personal.

:icon_thumleft:

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please, enlighten me how protecting schools is a bad thing? So should we not have any armed guards or metal detectors in any place? Business? Government or otherwise? What’s your threshold? How about an alternate solution? It’s easy to say it won’t work, get creative and tell me what might then.

And don’t try the “i don’t want to get political here” after espousing your political bullshit. I won’t stand for your limp-wristed attempts at trying to get jabs in at people you don’t agree with. So strap in junior.

Did anyone here mentioned military parades? Did anyone here draw parallels to North Korea? Did anyone mention the conspiracy theories about Parkland? Did anyone here say that it was fake or that what happened wasn’t tragic? Only one person that I can see; you. So next time you want to imply people that disagree with you are “that far removed from reality,” because while you don’t explicitly say that, it’s quite implied. So consider who is digging up garbage “talking points” to “try and make a point” or come off as the intelligenista who while may have good intentions, actually comes off as not knowing their ass from a hole in the ground.

Oscar Wilde is quoted saying, “I’m not young enough to know everything.”

So listen, you’re a good kid, i like you well enough, and we like having you around here, so take it with a grain of salt, and don’t take it personal.

:icon_thumleft:

Oh the classic insult-throwing followed up by “I like you, dont take it personally” :lol2: You’re not going to divide the talking points of the right from this dicussion just because it wasnt explicitly mentioned. I’ll have a convo in a dedicated threat for talking about Parkland if you want and admin says its ok m, or can you make the call?(I guess you just need to separate our posts into a new thread). Asides from that I just found your comment and vision for the future of your country funny (and sad, truth be told).

And you can stop calling me kid, the only kids in this discussion are the dead ones and the ones acting for change who are also -ironically enough-being told they aren’t old enough to understand.

If you’re down for a separate thread, make the move, if not Im not gonna act in getting this thread locked. I never said I dont want to get political. I said I dont want to make this thread political. Im strapped in homie lets go.

84% of teachers in the US are white. Give them all guns and tell them to be suspicious and afraid.

Who does the danger fall on?

Destructo: If this is too controversial let me know and I won't reply further. Not trying to start a shitstorm or piss anyone off here.

Every courthouse entrance i've ever seen has Metal Detectors and a guy with a sidearm.

When was the last time someone killed a judge, witness, attorney etc in/around the court? (Excluding tangential connection to the Clintons)

I absolutely hate the idea of treating schools like a scientology compound, but I also agree something has to be done. Since we won't address the real issue here (fix the 'want to kill people' pandemic among young adults), and hypothetically removing all guns still doesn't fix the issue, what is left?

Just be fcuking thankful all the assailants thus far have been relatively lazy and resorted to guns. Remove that option and they get creative, build something that makes a big boom, install it in the back of their car and sets it off next to the school bus at a stoplight. Also remember there are multiple school sports teams that travel by bus on a weekly basis. You've got ~50 people in something not much more secure than a tin can, captive, and doing anything but paying attention to their surroundings.

So again, do we put on our big boy pants and address the real problem? Or let people use this as a political motive to fulfill an agenda that has absolutely nothing to do with preventing more dead kids.

Destructo: If this is too controversial let me know and I won't reply further. Not trying to start a shitstorm or piss anyone off here.

Every courthouse entrance i've ever seen has Metal Detectors and a guy with a sidearm.

When was the last time someone killed a judge, witness, attorney etc in/around the court? (Excluding tangential connection to the Clintons)

I absolutely hate the idea of treating schools like a scientology compound, but I also agree something has to be done. Since we won't address the real issue here (fix the 'want to kill people' pandemic among young adults), and hypothetically removing all guns still doesn't fix the issue, what is left?

Just be fcuking thankful all the assailants thus far have been relatively lazy and resorted to guns. Remove that option and they get creative, build something that makes a big boom, install it in the back of their car and sets it off next to the school bus at a stoplight. Also remember there are multiple school sports teams that travel by bus on a weekly basis. You've got ~50 people in something not much more secure than a tin can, captive, and doing anything but paying attention to their surroundings.

So again, do we put on our big boy pants and address the real problem? Or let people use this as a political motive to fulfill an agenda that has absolutely nothing to do with preventing more dead kids.

Totally agree above...

Banning guns will NEVER take this risk away at schools. You want safe schools then treat it like a government building. You will simply have an armed guard present and have metal detector entrance. You want school shootings to stop then this is the easiest way to stop it and in my eyes the only way it will stop. You do not want teachers responsible for carrying weapons nor do the teachers want that responsibility. I do not comprehend how an armed guard and metal detectors is not the simplest and easiest answer. I have been all over the world and in a lot of government buildings and this is by far the simplest and non obtrusive way for children. It is also a reminder everyday when children go to school seeing an armed guard there everyday. It works and is used for this sole reason. This will also make the children feel safer...NOT feel like it is "North Korea"...

Oh the classic insult-throwing followed up by “I like you, dont take it personally” :lol2: You’re not going to divide the talking points of the right from this dicussion just because it wasnt explicitly mentioned. I’ll have a convo in a dedicated threat for talking about Parkland if you want and admin says its ok m, or can you make the call?(I guess you just need to separate our posts into a new thread). Asides from that I just found your comment and vision for the future of your country funny (and sad, truth be told).

And you can stop calling me kid, the only kids in this discussion are the dead ones and the ones acting for change who are also -ironically enough-being told they aren’t old enough to understand.

If you’re down for a separate thread, make the move, if not Im not gonna act in getting this thread locked. I never said I dont want to get political. I said I dont want to make this thread political. Im strapped in homie lets go.

It’s not hard to see, if you weren’t interested in trying to stir shit up, you would have kept your mouth shut. And now you’re trying to avoid getting called out and play technicality. It’s embarrassing, but we’ve all been there.

And let’s be honest, the kids acting for change? Are the same group that are eating tide pods, they seem to really have life figured out, for sure.

We don’t need to make a new thread, you can PM me at any point. I would genuinely be interested in hearing proposed solutions and not just “for the kids!’ Teary-eyed bullshit that is getting dragged around all over the news.

Sound reasonable?

It’s not hard to see, if you weren’t interested in trying to stir shit up, you would have kept your mouth shut. And now you’re trying to avoid getting called out and play technicality. It’s embarrassing, but we’ve all been there.

And let’s be honest, the kids acting for change? Are the same group that are eating tide pods, they seem to really have life figured out, for sure.

We don’t need to make a new thread, you can PM me at any point. I would genuinely be interested in hearing proposed solutions and not just “for the kids!’ Teary-eyed bullshit that is getting dragged around all over the news.

Sound reasonable?

I am interested in stirring shit up, I don't know why you would think otherwise. Just thought it would be good to have a separate thread. Whatever dude, this thread is fine.

Here's a start: stop trying to paint everything with the same brush (this applies to both the left and the right). Guns are involved in all of these debates, sometimes they are the central issue and sometimes they aren't. There is no one pill cure for issues that involve guns. In the case of "gun violence", some of it is gang-related but in the case of this school shooting it's not. Gang related gun violence is going to be a separate discussion; it's got different sources than school shootings. So lets narrow it down to school shootings.

Parkland isn't the first one and will most certainly not be the last. The issue you have here is people with mental issues who also have access to guns. As great as it would be to snap our fingers and "solve" mental health issues A) it's not that simple and B ) it's a loooong road and we're only scratching the surface now. We're probably closer to finding a cure for cancer than we are the vast array of mental health issues people face and are prone to developing. In the interim you need to tackle the guns. In Canada you are allowed to have guns actually...getting a license is very difficult and involves a lot of background checks and references. Raise the standard on who can buy guns - raise the age limit, proper background checks, annual or bi-annual mental health reviews, etc etc. It's really not rocket science. Pick something that makes sense for this particular situation and act. It obviously doesn't have to be as restrictive as Canada's but you get my point.

The thing with mental health issues is that it's something you can develop over time. People aren't always born with them, though some are more genetically predisposed to developing them. Someone who buys an arsenal of guns in a proper mental and physical state today can be someone who develops an issue over time....and still has an arsenal of guns. Arming the teachers (Trump's and others' proposal) doesn't get around the mental health aspect of the issue. Teachers, many of whom are underpaid and may already be working two jobs, have to deal with a lot of BS in their schools and personal lives are just as prone to mental problems. Not to mention there was a trained and armed cop outside the school who didn't act, whether he froze or it wasn't standard procedure to go in alone, it didn't work. If you or anyone else on your side of the debate thinks more restrictions on gun ownership would simply mean they would resort to bombs or something, then that will still hold true when there's armed guards/teachers/metal detectors. You'd just end up with dead armed guards along with the students and teachers.

You say you think what the kids went through is tragic, and that you're genuinely interested in potential solutions (that I presume are within the bounds of logic, your 2nd amendment, and are feasible to implement) but then you bring up tide pods to discredit the opinion of those very kids and their families. That's just straight up disrespectful to the kids, teacher and their families. "Respect"...something the previous generation seem to always want to lecture the younger generations about, huhh. Get your act together man, you're a mod of this forum.

If you or anyone else on your side of the debate thinks more restrictions on gun ownership would simply mean they would resort to bombs or something, then that will still hold true when there's armed guards/teachers/metal detectors. You'd just end up with dead armed guards along with the students and teachers.

Ummm... didn't you just invalidate the premise of your entire argument? Obviously they will resort to other means, so what does it accomplish by implementing regulations at obscene costs that ultimately won't change anything?

I'm also of the belief that most of these shooters are cowards and aren't in it to get shot or die in the process. Very much the case with the Parkland shooter since he ran out and left the scene. As such having an armed guard who is willing to send some lead back their way is very much a good deterrent.

To back my theory: These shootings happen primarily at "gun free zones". When was the last time something like this happened at an area with known armed security? Or even the notion that regular citizens were armed? Yeah, doesn't happen much does it.

And truthfully, if someone comes in and tries to shoot the guard first, at least then they have time to close the doors and lock the place down (panic button that automatically locks the gates?). Let's also safely assume this layout was done with three braincells of forethought and the guard isn't standing wide open waiting for a shot from the grassy knoll. That's a scenario I'm completely ok with, and one the people electing to be armed guards are equally ok with. It would be even better to get people with combat experience where this wouldn't be their first rodeo dealing with incoming fire.

Back to the topic, anyone own a Springfield TRP or Professional? Not a huge fan of 1911s in general but always wanted a Pro.... for no damn good justifiable reason. :icon_mrgreen:

Any feedback? Better/worse than any other custom 1911 in that price range?

Back to the topic, anyone own a Springfield TRP or Professional? Not a huge fan of 1911s in general but always wanted a Pro.... for no damn good justifiable reason. :icon_mrgreen:

I can't speak to either of those, but I have spent a little time at the range with a Springfield 1911 and a couple Kimbers, I just don't really like 1911s. I don't like the feel, capacity, and nothing stands out to me as special. In short, the 1911s I have spent time with didn't make me say "damn, i need one of these!" If I had everything else I wanted, then I would start adding some 1911s.

Maybe the higher end 1911s feel different, but if I was spending around $1500 and wanted a 45, I don't think you can go wrong with something like the FNH FNX45 Tactical.

Some guns you pick up and they feel right in your hand and you shoot them better out of the box, and some guns no matter how much you try, you can't get good with them. My FNX45 felt good out of the box, I shoot it well, very controllable, 15 rd capacity, ambi controls, threaded barrell, raised night sights, etc...

If your heart is set on a 1911, one thing I loved about the Springfield I shot, it was ported. Not only did the ports make a noticeable difference in recoil, seeing flames blow out the top of the barrel was cool, but good god was it loud.

Ummm... didn't you just invalidate the premise of your entire argument? Obviously they will resort to other means, so what does it accomplish by implementing regulations at obscene costs that ultimately won't change anything?

I'm also of the belief that most of these shooters are cowards and aren't in it to get shot or die in the process. Very much the case with the Parkland shooter since he ran out and left the scene. As such having an armed guard who is willing to send some lead back their way is very much a good deterrent.

To back my theory: These shootings happen primarily at "gun free zones". When was the last time something like this happened at an area with known armed security? Or even the notion that regular citizens were armed? Yeah, doesn't happen much does it.

And truthfully, if someone comes in and tries to shoot the guard first, at least then they have time to close the doors and lock the place down (panic button that automatically locks the gates?). Let's also safely assume this layout was done with three braincells of forethought and the guard isn't standing wide open waiting for a shot from the grassy knoll. That's a scenario I'm completely ok with, and one the people electing to be armed guards are equally ok with. It would be even better to get people with combat experience where this wouldn't be their first rodeo dealing with incoming fire.

Would they really though? Is it really that easy to make effective bombs? There is a reason that the bomb makers aren't also the martyrs. Making effective bombs does in fact seem to require quite a bit of skill and they do seem to have a tendency to malfunction.

Sure, they may resort to other methods, but it doesn't mean those efforts will be fruitful or effective. If I had to bet on which person would be most lethal in group killing situation, I'd say firearm or automobile. Consider those "martyrs" in London. They hit people with vans, and then ran around with knives and fake bombs on their chest. Why didn't they have guns and real bombs? If you gave them assault rifles 10 minutes before go-time, I'm sure they'd have been very happy and much more lethal.

My thought process on heavy regulations is quite simple: Enact them and see what happens. If it works, that's wonderful. If it changes nothing, then undo it all. It's not like civilization is going to collapse if you make the wrong choice. The worst-case outcome is probably just some time and money. Thing's not based on science (and even some that are) are very hard to accurately model and predict without actually just trying it. We know what the current situation is like with current regulation, why don't we try the flip side and see what happen?

I don't think anyone who believes it ultimately won't change anything would be willing to bet the farm on that thought. There are thoughts on both sides that seem plausible in different respects, but I highly doubt anyone would bet a substantial amount of money on the outcome.

I am interested in stirring shit up, I don't know why you would think otherwise. Just thought it would be good to have a separate thread. Whatever dude, this thread is fine.

Here's a start: stop trying to paint everything with the same brush (this applies to both the left and the right). Guns are involved in all of these debates, sometimes they are the central issue and sometimes they aren't. There is no one pill cure for issues that involve guns. In the case of "gun violence", some of it is gang-related but in the case of this school shooting it's not. Gang related gun violence is going to be a separate discussion; it's got different sources than school shootings. So lets narrow it down to school shootings.

Parkland isn't the first one and will most certainly not be the last. The issue you have here is people with mental issues who also have access to guns. As great as it would be to snap our fingers and "solve" mental health issues A) it's not that simple and B ) it's a loooong road and we're only scratching the surface now. We're probably closer to finding a cure for cancer than we are the vast array of mental health issues people face and are prone to developing. In the interim you need to tackle the guns. In Canada you are allowed to have guns actually...getting a license is very difficult and involves a lot of background checks and references. Raise the standard on who can buy guns - raise the age limit, proper background checks, annual or bi-annual mental health reviews, etc etc. It's really not rocket science. Pick something that makes sense for this particular situation and act. It obviously doesn't have to be as restrictive as Canada's but you get my point.

The thing with mental health issues is that it's something you can develop over time. People aren't always born with them, though some are more genetically predisposed to developing them. Someone who buys an arsenal of guns in a proper mental and physical state today can be someone who develops an issue over time....and still has an arsenal of guns. Arming the teachers (Trump's and others' proposal) doesn't get around the mental health aspect of the issue. Teachers, many of whom are underpaid and may already be working two jobs, have to deal with a lot of BS in their schools and personal lives are just as prone to mental problems. Not to mention there was a trained and armed cop outside the school who didn't act, whether he froze or it wasn't standard procedure to go in alone, it didn't work. If you or anyone else on your side of the debate thinks more restrictions on gun ownership would simply mean they would resort to bombs or something, then that will still hold true when there's armed guards/teachers/metal detectors. You'd just end up with dead armed guards along with the students and teachers.

See this is the good stuff! This is what I was trying to get from you! While I don’t agree with some points, overall it’s good you’re thinking and putting things out and elaborating, exactly what I was hoping for.

You say you think what the kids went through is tragic, and that you're genuinely interested in potential solutions (that I presume are within the bounds of logic, your 2nd amendment, and are feasible to implement) but then you bring up tide pods to discredit the opinion of those very kids and their families. That's just straight up disrespectful to the kids, teacher and their families. "Respect"...something the previous generation seem to always want to lecture the younger generations about, huhh. Get your act together man, you're a mod of this forum.

Is it safe to say that Tide Pod jokes “leave a bad taste in your mouth”? :lol2:

Don’t be such a pussy, this is Lambo Power, get over it bucko. :icon_thumleft:

Back to our regularly scheduled program, thanks for tuning in folks!

Agreed, never liked the 1911’s. I get the importance, nostalgia and lore, but for me, just not a big interest. I’d actually prefer a glock 9mm over it for a daily functional piece; but if you’re doing custom all bets are off :lol2: I mean, it is a 1911 at that point? There is just so much that can be done.

You can't beat a TRP for the price. Not a huge difference between the TRP and Pro.

If getting your hands on a bomb was as easy as getting your hands on a gun then sure. That's clearly not the case and I don't think its obvious that they would resort to other means so easily. There's the culture factor too; you guys have a gun culture, not a bomb culture. I don't think guys like this just want to kill people, they want to fulfill a fantasy of gunning people down.

I think it's the other way around. If I'm not mistaken this is one of the first fucks to get caught, they usually blow their own brains out. An armed guard or two isn't a bad idea (thought I suspect you'd need thorough background and psychological checks on them as well as fairly intense training before instating them) but I honestly don't think its as effective a deterrent as preventing a shooter from getting firearms in the first place. Having armed guards comes with it's own set of issues. Just don't forget that there was an armed officer there. The armed guards idea is only as effective as the guards themselves and their motivation to not jump ship when it's time to act. You also run into the issue of whether or not these guards are there for active shooter scenarios only, or all security purposes? Presumably all security purposes...but then you run into a plethora of other issues where engaging someone is up to the discretion of the guard. Not to mention the inevitable GI Joe type (think this guy:

) The better case scenario is one where you won't need the guards to begin with and I think better gun policies would treat the issue closer to the source. Of course the true source is mental health but realistically it's a slow fix and you've got kids who've potentially gone through years of abuse and trauma (perhaps abusive parents, foster parent, etc) who can clearly get their hands on rifles fairly easily.

Is it safe to say that Tide Pod jokes “leave a bad taste in your mouth”? :lol2:

Don’t be such a pussy, this is Lambo Power, get over it bucko. :icon_thumleft:

Back to our regularly scheduled program, thanks for tuning in folks!

Man you've definitely been waiting to use that one for a while now :lol2: dont worry I've only been here for 13 years I'm used to it :nhl_fight: 13 years...JFC time flies

Man you've definitely been waiting to use that one for a while now :lol2: dont worry I've only been here for 13 years I'm used to it :nhl_fight: 13 years...JFC time flies

Tell me about it, 14 years... my gosh that’s some time invested :lol2:

Would they really though? Is it really that easy to make effective bombs? There is a reason that the bomb makers aren't also the martyrs. Making effective bombs does in fact seem to require quite a bit of skill and they do seem to have a tendency to malfunction.

Sure, they may resort to other methods, but it doesn't mean those efforts will be fruitful or effective. If I had to bet on which person would be most lethal in group killing situation, I'd say firearm or automobile. Consider those "martyrs" in London. They hit people with vans, and then ran around with knives and fake bombs on their chest. Why didn't they have guns and real bombs? If you gave them assault rifles 10 minutes before go-time, I'm sure they'd have been very happy and much more lethal.

My thought process on heavy regulations is quite simple: Enact them and see what happens. If it works, that's wonderful. If it changes nothing, then undo it all. It's not like civilization is going to collapse if you make the wrong choice. The worst-case outcome is probably just some time and money. Thing's not based on science (and even some that are) are very hard to accurately model and predict without actually just trying it. We know what the current situation is like with current regulation, why don't we try the flip side and see what happen?

I don't think anyone who believes it ultimately won't change anything would be willing to bet the farm on that thought. There are thoughts on both sides that seem plausible in different respects, but I highly doubt anyone would bet a substantial amount of money on the outcome.

Problem with heavy regulations that you have to enact to see if they work is you can't just undo them if it doesn't work as you mentioned. Somehow we have to figure out how to identify crazy and keep guns away from them, but I don't see how we get there. If I see a therapist for mental health issues, my records are private thanks to HIPA, so if I am a few sandwiches short of a picnic but don't make specific threats how can my therapist make sure I don't get access to a gun without violating HIPA? If there is a way I don't know about it.

Take guns away and I am certain mr crazy eyes will get in a car and cruise down the sidewalk during after school pickup time. Have you ever thought of how vulnerable adults and kids are during that daily event that plays out thousands of times across the US? I hope the crazies never follow the Terrorist example and start using vehicles here.

If getting your hands on a bomb was as easy as getting your hands on a gun then sure. That's clearly not the case and I don't think its obvious that they would resort to other means so easily. There's the culture factor too; you guys have a gun culture, not a bomb culture. I don't think guys like this just want to kill people, they want to fulfill a fantasy of gunning people down.

Google tannerite.

I think it's the other way around. If I'm not mistaken this is one of the first fucks to get caught, they usually blow their own brains out. An armed guard or two isn't a bad idea (thought I suspect you'd need thorough background and psychological checks on them as well as fairly intense training before instating them) but I honestly don't think its as effective a deterrent as preventing a shooter from getting firearms in the first place. Having armed guards comes with it's own set of issues. Just don't forget that there was an armed officer there. The armed guards idea is only as effective as the guards themselves and their motivation to not jump ship when it's time to act. You also run into the issue of whether or not these guards are there for active shooter scenarios only, or all security purposes? Presumably all security purposes...but then you run into a plethora of other issues where engaging someone is up to the discretion of the guard. Not to mention the inevitable GI Joe type (think this guy:
) The better case scenario is one where you won't need the guards to begin with and I think better gun policies would treat the issue closer to the source. Of course the true source is mental health but realistically it's a slow fix and you've got kids who've potentially gone through years of abuse and trauma (perhaps abusive parents, foster parent, etc) who can clearly get their hands on rifles fairly easily.

The only 'regulated' part of an AR15 is the lower receiver. A part with readily available iges files you can download online and 3D print or mill out with a drill press and/or palm router.

Even 'dumb' kids these days are very technically savy. The beauty of these guns and ultimately the major regulatory issue is how fcuking simple they really are. The truly difficult to manufacture precision components can be bought easily and cheaply (triggers, barrels, etc).

If in your scenario this is something these people are willing to die for, 'legality' means nothing. Laws and regulations only restrict people who are willing to follow the law.

Obviously installing armed security has challenges, but those seem a hell of a lot easier to overcome than installing nation wide regulations that won't accomplish anything.

I can't speak to either of those, but I have spent a little time at the range with a Springfield 1911 and a couple Kimbers, I just don't really like 1911s. I don't like the feel, capacity, and nothing stands out to me as special. In short, the 1911s I have spent time with didn't make me say "damn, i need one of these!" If I had everything else I wanted, then I would start adding some 1911s.

Maybe the higher end 1911s feel different, but if I was spending around $1500 and wanted a 45, I don't think you can go wrong with something like the FNH FNX45 Tactical.

Some guns you pick up and they feel right in your hand and you shoot them better out of the box, and some guns no matter how much you try, you can't get good with them. My FNX45 felt good out of the box, I shoot it well, very controllable, 15 rd capacity, ambi controls, threaded barrell, raised night sights, etc...

If your heart is set on a 1911, one thing I loved about the Springfield I shot, it was ported. Not only did the ports make a noticeable difference in recoil, seeing flames blow out the top of the barrel was cool, but good god was it loud.

I have a Sig 227 (double stack 45) currently that I sure as fcuk will be keeping. This itch is definitely more of one just because it's cool and different. In the fcuking loud and blowing fire category I also have a huge want for an S&W 460. :eusa_dance: