I really need to buy a new gun...

Roman

20 hours ago, Destructo said:

No, not at all. A supporter of Red Flag laws (circumventing Due Process) has a rather shady past with his previous position in the FBI. I won't get into the details, but if you want some more information, shoot me a PM.

I did hear some people say that Barr is not very supportive of the right wing ideas. I never really looked into what he was against. 

I have a coworker who sells suppressors on the side for the 8 state region. He told me to call the ATF. I called today, they said to proceed and now Im just waiting for the FBI to finish their background check. 

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got the call I was waiting for. Finally! I should have my can by the weekend. 

13 hours ago, BLK85 said:

Just got the call I was waiting for. Finally! I should have my can by the weekend. 

Congrats.  Hoping to get one in the next 30 days on a Liberty Leonidas upper I've had sitting at a local shop for quite a while.  That this process even exists is absurd, but oh well.

8 hours ago, RedGTS said:

Congrats.  Hoping to get one in the next 30 days on a Liberty Leonidas upper I've had sitting at a local shop for quite a while.  That this process even exists is absurd, but oh well.

Yea I agree the process is dumb. But we all know it going in. 

• 1 month later...

http://www.weatherby.com/orion-sporting.html

Found a new gun I want. Friend was in Scheels looking at guns. I told him my opinion and then looked at guns for me. I came across this one. Seems like a great sporting clay gun, which is my main shooting. Has a lot of the feature my dad's 3500 gun has. It was close to a impulse buy. But I held off. Its still tempting. 

On 5/18/2019 at 11:17 PM, BLK85 said:

http://www.weatherby.com/orion-sporting.html

Found a new gun I want. Friend was in Scheels looking at guns. I told him my opinion and then looked at guns for me. I came across this one. Seems like a great sporting clay gun, which is my main shooting. Has a lot of the feature my dad's 3500 gun has. It was close to a impulse buy. But I held off. Its still tempting. 

Beautiful! I love shooting clay, haven't done it in a long while. Hoping to get back into things. You going to snag this one? 

Has snyone built an AR pistol or SBR? Considering doing an MK18 clone. Love the short barrel and compatibility. 

• 1 month later...
On 5/20/2019 at 7:37 AM, Destructo said:

Beautiful! I love shooting clay, haven't done it in a long while. Hoping to get back into things. You going to snag this one? 

Has snyone built an AR pistol or SBR? Considering doing an MK18 clone. Love the short barrel and compatibility. 

Im working on getting one now. My guy's supplier doesnt have any. As soon as he can I will for sure. Or may look else ware. 

Whats the thoughts on the SBR's and suppressors now? I just get one and now banning them gets traction from the President and Democrats. 

12 hours ago, BLK85 said:

Im working on getting one now. My guy's supplier doesnt have any. As soon as he can I will for sure. Or may look else ware. 

Whats the thoughts on the SBR's and suppressors now? I just get one and now banning them gets traction from the President and Democrats. 

The hushed tones inferred from social channels is the less talk on pistol braces the better. Suppressors will, considering 45's comments, the best case scenario will go untouched. Realistically the tax stamp would go from $200 to $500 or more. And quite just a little less likely, but a very real possibility is they will be banned ala bump stocks.

He's always been a NY Democrat, so anyone thinking he's a champion on 2A rights is delusional or ignorant. Proponents of gun rights have lost more in the past 2 years than the previous 8 years combined. He did something BHO could never do, get the Republicans and the Fudds at the NRA to support more control :lol2:  And I don't see an end in sight for the assault on them. With the increased talk of red flag laws and push for more gun control, despite all evidence pointing to having no effect on crime, they will continue to make its way and hamper legal owners and law-abiding citizens. 

• 1 month later...
On 5/20/2019 at 5:37 AM, Destructo said:

Yes I have a handful of AR framed SBR's including a DD MK18. Here is my last Suppressed SBR I got for certain work assignments. My criteria was...Takes Glock 17/19 Mags, Suppressed, SBR, Configurable to how I need it, also very reliable...Ill post a pic. Also haven't been in this thread in a bit, don't see Charlie either (who also has a ton of Suppressed/SBR and other platforms).  I changed stuff on it already, so it configured differently then in the pic.

IMG_7695.JPG

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/24/2019 at 11:26 AM, Destructo said:

The hushed tones inferred from social channels is the less talk on pistol braces the better. Suppressors will, considering 45's comments, the best case scenario will go untouched. Realistically the tax stamp would go from $200 to $500 or more. And quite just a little less likely, but a very real possibility is they will be banned ala bump stocks.

He's always been a NY Democrat, so anyone thinking he's a champion on 2A rights is delusional or ignorant. Proponents of gun rights have lost more in the past 2 years than the previous 8 years combined. He did something BHO could never do, get the Republicans and the Fudds at the NRA to support more control :lol2:  And I don't see an end in sight for the assault on them. With the increased talk of red flag laws and push for more gun control, despite all evidence pointing to having no effect on crime, they will continue to make its way and hamper legal owners and law-abiding citizens. 

I would say sort of. Obama did quite a few anti-gun things with Operation Choke Point, the banning of surplus M1 Garands from South Korea, the making it where certain SS recipients would lose their gun rights, forcing ITAR on gunsmiths, trying to label gunsmiths as regulatory-wise the same as gun manufacturers, etc...Trump has undone much of this. On guns, he did ban bump stocks, but IMO that is indirectly an aid to gun people, because it is hard to say that automatic fire weapons are heavily regulated when you can take an AR-15 and put a bump-stock on it and get a very similar result. 

But yes, he has to (unfortunately) be watched closely on gun rights. One thing he HAS done to help gun rights however is his SCOTUS appointments and putting conservative (and hence likely much more 2A-friendly) justices on the various lower courts. I think he does mean it when he says he is pro-2A, I think the problem is that he is one who doesn't understand the issue very well and thinks that what constitutes a lot of "reasonable" gun control is okay when it is not. I don't think he is one who pushes for "reasonable" gun control as a stepping stone to banning guns over time. 

On 8/25/2019 at 12:55 AM, WheelsRCool said:

I would say sort of. Obama did quite a few anti-gun things with Operation Choke Point, the banning of surplus M1 Garands from South Korea, the making it where certain SS recipients would lose their gun rights, forcing ITAR on gunsmiths, trying to label gunsmiths as regulatory-wise the same as gun manufacturers, etc...Trump has undone much of this. On guns, he did ban bump stocks, but IMO that is indirectly an aid to gun people, because it is hard to say that automatic fire weapons are heavily regulated when you can take an AR-15 and put a bump-stock on it and get a very similar result. 

But yes, he has to (unfortunately) be watched closely on gun rights. One thing he HAS done to help gun rights however is his SCOTUS appointments and putting conservative (and hence likely much more 2A-friendly) justices on the various lower courts. I think he does mean it when he says he is pro-2A, I think the problem is that he is one who doesn't understand the issue very well and thinks that what constitutes a lot of "reasonable" gun control is okay when it is not. I don't think he is one who pushes for "reasonable" gun control as a stepping stone to banning guns over time. 

I wouldn't say he was without fault, that's for sure. 

Operation Choke Point wasn't just aimed at firearms, that was a "anything 'they' deem unacceptable, non-conformist forms of income." 

The surplus M1's the SS dependent firearm restriction, ITAR and manufacturer's was all very under-handed and subtle attempts are restricting and constraining the flow. 

The banning of bump-stocks (as stupid and dumb of a piece of equipment they are) is a VERY slippery-slope for any "aftermarket" manufactured firearm accessory. w5duberhquo21.jpg

Trump is going more open and blatant against it while saying he isn't, and the NRA is more than happy to bed down with that. I agree, he probably thinks he's doing great on 2A issues, but he's a New York Democrat on the issue at the core and it shows.

Red Flag laws are the next step that are getting a lot of traction, and now you've got more republicans (party doesn't matter anymore) that are endorsing the idea. The biggest surprised was Crenshaw's endorsement of it.  I am aware his version is more "due process friendly" unlike 45, who said and I quote "Take the guns first, and have due process second." So you can see why 2A people would be suspicious.

His Attorney General William Barr is VERY concerning. Not only does he tow the company line on "reasonable regulations, etc." he also was involved with the Ruby Ridge siege, and had (may still have) a desire for blanket immunity for government agents that kill American citizens.

Ruby Ridge in a nut shell for those not aware, Randy Weaver had a shotgun that was shorter than legal length. Uncle Sam wanted him to snitch on some unfavorable characters, he declined. They drummed up a bunch of false charges on him (which he was later cleared of), and decided to raid his rural Idaho home for it.

So a ambush team essentially baited the Weaver family dog outside, killed it, and then shot the 14 year-old son who came out to investigate in the back when he was retreating after a firefight ensued. And the following day, a FBI sniper shot the husband (Randy) in the back (not a direct threat) and (was aiming for his spine) while he was outside the house trying to visit the body of his dead son. Then when the family (what was left of them) ran back inside, the sniper shoots the wife, while she's holding a 10-month old baby, killing the mother. Not a nominee I was supportive of. 

So nominee's are hit and miss in my book. I haven't done due diligence on all of them, but i'm sure there aren't near as many Marxist, open-border, types that the previous administration would be rolling into these spots. 

Enough with the negative, you can't take away what he's doing for the economy or the business side of things, it's bonkers and very encouraging to see. Especially now that China is getting wrangled in with tariffs, and the new Japanese deal announced this past week. I'm happy to see reduced regulations for small business and corporations. I think it's just the pendulum swinging back to the opposite now. I was pumped to see the new Title IX regulations that forced Planned Parenthood to self-defund, which is a great move not many people saw coming. 

His SCOTUS nominee are a mixed bag. Cavanaugh was more liberal than people wanted to admit. But because of the sheer panic on the left, the right got caught up in it all. He wouldn't have been my first pick from his short list, but that guy went through the ringer on the nomination process and it was a disgusting display of politics by the left.

I'm hoping the Antifa group gets labeled a domestic terrorist group, which would help clean up Portland and the mess they have on their hands and send a message nationally, . It looks to be heading that way with his tweets about it. He's also exposing the corruption and  hypocrisy of big name players on the left with Pelosi, Cummings and Waters. He's also not holding back on the new wave of Communist players in the Democratic party (Sanders (always been a Commie) AOC, Omar and Talib) 

So overall it's a real back and forth and dynamic mix of approval and disapproval. And this is just a rambling string of thoughts from someone who doesn't know much or puts too much time into it, take it for what it's worth, not much :lol2: 

• 4 weeks later...

Finally finished my upper after sitting on the parts for several years. Came in at 2lbs 9.5oz's...with the polymer lower and a lightweight BCG I should easily be under 5lbs when I'm done.

6PS3p3b.jpg

23 hours ago, StoleIt said:

Finally finished my upper after sitting on the parts for several years. Came in at 2lbs 9.5oz's...with the polymer lower and a lightweight BCG I should easily be under 5lbs when I'm done.6PS3p3b.jpg

oh dang! Looks sharp, congrats!! 

The 2018 FBI Crime Data is out now. Showing the United States had another decrease in violent crime, the lowest it has been since 1971.

https://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2018-crime-statistics-released-093019

So despite what the talking-heads and politicians are chirping about about, things aren't out of control here. And interestingly enough even with an exponential increase in private firearm ownership since 1971, we aren't shooting everything that walks. Quite the contrary. 

As one tid bit of information. Quick math looks like just under 300 murders were with rifles, and nearly 650 were murdered with hands, feet, fists, being pushed, etc. Interesting. So keep that in mind when you hear people talking about banning modern sporting rifles, or magazine capacity bans, etc. It doesn't help, according to the FBI statistics. Don't let facts and statistics get in the way of emotions...