I really need to buy a new gun...

Roman

Should post-nuclear fallout occur and zombies are taking over... i'm heading to roman's. Not only can he shoot the zombies he's now capable of blowing them up.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone have some self defense 9mm rounds they suggest? Bought the cheapest ammo I could find locally to practice with my concealed carry gun. I have put maybe 500 rounds through it now, and feeling pretty confident with my abilities. Time for some good high quality rounds.

Federal HST and Speer Gold Dots (147gr) are my goto for 9mm. There are other great rounds out there too.

This article is highly regarded for ammo choices.

Defensive Ammo

9mm

Barnes XPB 115gr HP (35515) loaded by Cor-Bon (DPX09115)

Winchester Partition Gold 124gr JHP (RA91P)

Winchester Ranger-T 124 gr +P JHP (RA9124TP)

Winchester Ranger-T 127gr JHP +P+ (RA9TA)

Winchester Ranger-T 147gr JHP (RA9T)

Winchester Bonded 147gr JHP (RA9B/Q4364)

Speer Gold Dot 124gr JHP +P (53617)

Speer Gold Dot 147gr JHP (53619)

Remington Golden Saber 147gr JHP (GS9MMC)

Federal Tactical 124gr JHP (LE9T1)

Federal Tactical 135gr JHP +P (LE9T5)

Federal HST 147gr JHP (P9HST2)

You might notice that the list does NOT include any lightweight bullets with the exception of the Barnes 115gr version. The reason - especially if you've read the beginning of this article - should be clear already, but Doctor Roberts sums it up nicely as well: "With the exception of the Barnes 115 gr XPB all copper projectile, in general, most 9 mm 115 gr loads have demonstrated greater inconsistency, insufficient penetration, poor intermediate barrier capability, and failure to expand in denim testing than other 9mm bullets. For those individuals wanting to use lighter weight, supersonic 9 mm’s, I think a better alternative than the vast majority of 115 gr loads is to use the slightly heavier 124 to 127 gr bullets or the Barnes 115 gr all copper bullet"

You attaching it underneath one of your guns or leaving it as a stand alone toy?

Its a klingon.

Im a big fan of Sig....

Me too...this is the big brother to my 226

I ordered Hogue OD green rubber grips with finger grooves..should be here by Christmas.

Now I'm thinking 556 SWAT Patrol to round out the collection but I'm considering other AR platforms as well.

Any advice?

Lookiing to offload a Mini 14 ranch with 8 30rd mags and use some cash to move to AR...

Rock River?

Sig?

Smith?

to move to AR...

Rock River?

Sig?

Smith?

They're all basically the same functionality. Some will say that brands like Delton and Model One Sales are lesser quality, lesser fit&finish, etc... but for the average consumer you'll never notice a difference in function. My SBR from earlier in the thread is a custom build with a billet lower. Just looks a little fancier that a regular cast lower.

DPMS is another good mainstream brand that wasn't on your list. I've had several DPMS rifles for years and they still work just fine.

Lookiing to offload a Mini 14 ranch with 8 30rd mags and use some cash to move to AR...

Rock River?

Sig?

Smith?

In the AR forum world those would be considered top of the line hobby guns. I had a RRA and it was nicely made, I actually gave it to my local police dept for them to use when I need to free some space up in the safe. So as you can see I think those are also good for duty use, I am sure there are a lot of police dept using S&W ARs now too. My local guys all use bushmasters.

top of the line hobby guns.

Ha, haven't head that one before. Sounds like something straight from arfcom. You've got to have a Noveski decorated with Magpul in order to join that site, right?

Ha, haven't head that one before. Sounds like something straight from arfcom. You've got to have a Noveski decorated with Magpul in order to join that site, right?

I am sure that is where that quote came from...

They are very popular now. I got cheapo spikes rifle that I use as a range gun. 6 months ago I bought a cop on my local PD, who is also on regional SWAT, a spikes M4 upper, looks like same one you linked to. It has been treating him well. All in all they are good quality at a good price. Most people online love them, with a small amount of no love. A lot of people don't like them because they went up on prices when Obama got into office and the AR scare went down.

I have been wanting the spikes compressor ever since it came out for demos. Unfortunately 2 years later still no allotments for public consumption :(

Just got two new toys! Thanks for all the reccomendations guys.

Joebiz, LOVE the LC9! So light, and very accurate with a great punch.

temporary-5-1.jpg

temporary-2.jpg

temporary-4.jpg

I love my LC9. Got the Desantis Super Fly Holster. Its ok, but I dont like the flap thing, but it comes off so thats good. I dont currently carry with the flap thing connected but I think when I wear shorts this summer it will be useful. I carry in my right back pocket. I dont want my gun to be in the same pocket as I put my keys so I dont put it in the front and I switched to a money clip wallet. I think if I had it to do over again I would just buy a inside the waste band holster, which I will probably do anyway.

Heres a few pics

IMAG0126-1.jpg

IMAG0127.jpg

IMAG0128.jpg

i gotta take a closer look at the LC9 you guys are talking it up left and right.

i gotta take a closer look at the LC9 you guys are talking it up left and right.

Do it! You will own one in a month or less(dont know what your local laws are like)if you do!

Just got two new toys! Thanks for all the reccomendations guys.

Joebiz, LOVE the LC9! So light, and very accurate with a great punch.

temporary-5-1.jpg

temporary-2.jpg

temporary-4.jpg

Where did you find the 516?

I think that's what I'm leaning toward.

I love it! Has great weight to it. I ended up paying $1500 + fees for it with the fore grip, laser, and flashlight otd. The flashlight has a fore grip pressure switch, and the laser has a thumb mounted switch. I'll be getting a ACOG or Holo soon just haven't decided which yet.

Best

• 2 weeks later...