I really need to buy a new gun...

Roman

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe the US still allows hand guns. Am I the only guy who thinks everyone should be stripped of handguns and all sales and importing of such weapons to be halted?

And I can't believe the UK citizens allowed their government to stick a camera up everyone's ass for the sake of public safety. :eusa_wall: Remember, the people "allow" the government, not the other way around.

Nice. I recommend this one as well, great for shooting ducks

I recommend this one.... Its great for shooting any damned thing you like....

003.JPG

I really really want a barrett 50 cal Sniper rifle with a bipod and a kick ass scope. Too bad they are running for about $12,000 loaded upwith goodies at the gun shop. Would be nice to take out robbers 2 miles away.

Looks like the Norwegian flag on his left shoulder

Yup I believe he mentioned once that he served in the Norwegian Air Force. :)

I really really want a barrett 50 cal Sniper rifle with a bipod and a kick ass scope. Too bad they are running for about $12,000 loaded upwith goodies at the gun shop. Would be nice to take out robbers 2 miles away.

A buddy of mine just bought an AR50 used from a guy that maybe shot 100 rounds though it. He paid 5k for the gun and a bad ass scope(what you need when shooting at 1800 yards).

Seriously.... Find a friend who owns one and shoot his..... $7 a round, plus the most youd be able to shoot it is 20 or so rounds a trip.... After that, trust me, you'll be done for the day.... Its not worth the initial investment. That fcuking thing is a BIG, HEAVY, EXPENSIVE PAIN IN THE ASS.... After the first few dozen rounds, the novelty wears the fcuk off and you'll never get your money out of it.

BTW... 12K sounds VERY high.... I think Ive seen them for 8 or so.

Leupold or NF glass shouldnt add much more than a thousand or so to it.

Guest skokos

ITT: Europeans who will never know the joy of shooting a TV in the desert.

A 338 Lapua Mag, is a much better choice for 1800 meters.

With the 338 LM, you have more precision choices with match bullets, cases, and reloading materials.

The fifty is an anti-material round.

It is like swatting flies with a hammer.

The other issue is size and weight.

A fifty is going to weigh at least 30 pounds and it is huge.

Are you going to drag 30 pounds around all day long ?

If you want to big-dick it, look at the soon to be released Desert Tactical HTI in .375 C/T. With that you can engage targets to 2500 meters. It is accurate, compact, and reasonably lightweight. This system is unique.

The Desert Tactical SRS is also a superb system. I have read nothing but good remarks about the DT SRS. Compact, lightweight and accurate.

In addition, you can change out the barrels. Shoot the economical 308 for fun, and grab the 338, for your ego. It is a novel modern approach - compact and versatile.

http://www.deserttacticalarms.com/firearms

I love this picture.

Sako TRG-42, 338LM, Schmidt and Bender 5-25 scope, Sako bipod, brake, and three ring 34mm mount.

The shooter, just engaged targets out to 2000 meters.

Nixulan_202006_20ammunnat_15.jpg

I had a friend over on wed night and he brought 3 of his engineer friends with him. One of them had his hand taped up. Back in january, he was shooting his FN FIVE SEVEN at a range and it exploded on him. Really screwed his hand up. Several surgeries. Using factpry ammo. As much as I wanted to buy one, this makes two people I know of now!

On a lighter note, we were drinking scotch back in my woods that night (11:30) and he happened to have his walther on him. Someone on an ATV was cruising through the woods next door. I have had trouble with them trespassing and messing with things. That ATV was just coming over the property line and I fired that son of a bitch into the ground and that ATV shut off and did not move for 5 minutes. I was about 100 foot from him and he did not know we were there. He tried to find his way home another way. He had been cutting through for some time because my fence has been cut and path has been established. I love guns. I am considered county even though I am surrounded by the city on all sides. There is a state law that says you cannot be annexed if you are over 20 acres. So, my neighbors hate me for burning and shooting...among other things.

I had a friend over on wed night and he brought 3 of his engineer friends with him. One of them had his hand taped up. Back in january, he was shooting his FN FIVE SEVEN at a range and it exploded on him. Really screwed his hand up. Several surgeries. Using factpry ammo. As much as I wanted to buy one, this makes two people I know of now!

On a lighter note, we were drinking scotch back in my woods that night (11:30) and he happened to have his walther on him. Someone on an ATV was cruising through the woods next door. I have had trouble with them trespassing and messing with things. That ATV was just coming over the property line and I fired that son of a bitch into the ground and that ATV shut off and did not move for 5 minutes. I was about 100 foot from him and he did not know we were there. He tried to find his way home another way. He had been cutting through for some time because my fence has been cut and path has been established. I love guns. I am considered county even though I am surrounded by the city on all sides. There is a state law that says you cannot be annexed if you are over 20 acres. So, my neighbors hate me for burning and shooting...among other things.

I hadnt heard anything about the 5.7.... I know its a hot little round.... But DAMN.... Scary shit....

By the way.... I decided one wasnt enough.... Ill post at the end of the 10 days.

I hadnt heard anything about the 5.7.... I know its a hot little round.... But DAMN.... Scary shit....

By the way.... I decided one wasnt enough.... Ill post at the end of the 10 days.

Handguns I'm assuming? Hmmm

One of each actually...

Hints?

Is there a 10 day wait for all firearms in CA? I've never bought one outside of South Dakota.

Anyone have an opinion on one of these two tactical .22's for inexpensive fun? I am deciding between a Sig 522 and the Smith and Wesson MP 15-22. :fsniper:

Hints?

Is there a 10 day wait for all firearms in CA? I've never bought one outside of South Dakota.

Roman, what have you got in your collection now?

Are you kidding? I had to start this thread to get suggestions on what I DIDNT have already.

I have an FN 5.7 and have never had issues nor heard of any issues. Is your friend in a lawsuit with FN and or the ammo manufacturer?

That sounds extremely strange regarding the FN.

The FN is one of my favorite handguns to shoot. It is also one of my most accurate.

Mac 10/11 is it full auto?! Shot a 9MM one when I was 12 or so, I had a biggest fcuking grin...

And did you decided to go with the Socom II or Scout model for the M1A? Earlier in the thread I think you mentioned a short barreled one.

Mac 10/11 is it full auto?! Shot a 9MM one when I was 12 or so, I had a biggest fcuking grin...

And did you decided to go with the Socom II or Scout model for the M1A? Earlier in the thread I think you mentioned a short barreled one.

10- 9mm- Not NFA.

And 18 Inch scout.... Have an EBR on order.

Great thread. I'm getting an extra for home defense here shortly. So good info here.