BMW 7 series hatchback?

abolfaz

I saw what looked to be a new 7 series BMW today that looked to be a hatchback with slightly taller almost SUV sized wheels/tires. Any ideas what it was?

So it WAS the 5 series GT that I already posted two minutes before? :)

Car is fugly in person. Why the hell did the make this thing?

Probably because people want a wagon but they want a 5-series not a 3 and BMW thought it would make MORE sense to sell them a new niche car rather than offer say a BMW M5 Estate or 550xi Estate, etc. :jackoff:

i could not believe my eyes when i saw one in person the first time

why one should prefer it to a 5 or 5 wagon???

this is the ugliest BMW in a long time

i thought the X3 was ugly enough but this is an other level :shock:

I looked at one the other day. Apparently I'm the only one here that likes it, but I hate trunks, hatchbacks are so much more convenient! They seem to be selling, I've seen a few on the street and every one the dealer by me gets in doesn't last long.

It's better than that, its a 96K hatchback :lol2:

96K must be with every possible option and a dealer markup on top of it... :eusa_think:

Base MSRP on the 535iGT is $56K, $50 more than a 535i wagon

Base on the 550iGT is $63.9K, $3300 more than the 550i sedan

Price a loaded Panamera Turbo, now THAT is an expensive hatchback!

Americans for some reason have this perception that a hatchback is some cheap commuter car like a Golf. No reason high end cars can't have a hatch as well, they're far more practical than a trunk and look better than a wagon.

The hatchback feature can be very useful if they had styled it better. When I was last in Prague, the cabbie that took me to the airport had a new Skoda Superb, which is basically a Passat. I had a very large rolling duffel that would not fit in the normal trunk opening. No problem. He just closed the trunk lid, then reopened it and the whole back end was a hatch. You couldn't really tell by looking at it - looked like a normal sedan from the outside. I wish my Passat had that feature. The BMW, though, looks ugly like most of the rest of the current Bangle-influenced cars.

96K must be with every possible option and a dealer markup on top of it... :eusa_think:

Base MSRP on the 535iGT is $56K, $50 more than a 535i wagon

Base on the 550iGT is $63.9K, $3300 more than the 550i sedan

Price a loaded Panamera Turbo, now THAT is an expensive hatchback!

Americans for some reason have this perception that a hatchback is some cheap commuter car like a Golf. No reason high end cars can't have a hatch as well, they're far more practical than a trunk and look better than a wagon.

Wow, when did we get the 535GT? I've only seen 550s at dealers, and all were between 82K and 96K. Only the ones for 96K looked good, those had no dealer mark up but every option.

The problem with the GT is its an expensive, ugly hatchback. Hatchbacks look best with two doors.

The Panamera is expensive, but its way above and beyond the BMW.

BMW should only stick to making sedans (coupes, convertibles, roadsters) & motorcycles... Their station wagons (hatchbacks) and SUVs look awful IMO...