SLS quicker than the 670-4

DickSimmons

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a stupid comparison. .3-.4 of a second is close enough for a drivers race.

True, though neither of these can miss a shift. Personally, I don't care which is quicker, but I was surprised just how quick the SLS is. I thought much slower.

Id like to see a race before making such a conclusion. I would assume the only way the SLS could keep up is from a roll.

True, though neither of these can miss a shift. Personally, I don't care which is quicker, but I was surprised just how quick the SLS is. I thought much slower.

If you look closely, you'll see that the SLS is only faster than the 670 in the lower speeds. Not sure why, but it is there. After about 100 km/h, the SLS starts losing ground to the 670.

From 100 km/h - 260 km/h, the 670 is a full second faster than the SLS.

SV probably started in 2nd just like the SLS. The SLS is geared much shorter therefore it pulled much harder. 60kph is 37.5 MPH, the Lambo should have been in 1st.

If you look closely, you'll see that the SLS is only faster than the 670 in the lower speeds. Not sure why, but it is there. After about 100 km/h, the SLS starts losing ground to the 670.

From 100 km/h - 260 km/h, the 670 is a full second faster than the SLS.

True, but if you ask me, the interval of 60-200 is far more realistic for real driving.

True, but if you ask me, the interval of 60-200 is far more realistic for real driving.

True, I guess we will have to wait for M-GayBoard.com to know the true results.

It looks like from 60kmh to 1000 meters the SLS beats the SV...It gets there quicker but the SV is at a higher speed.

It looks like from 60kmh to 1000 meters the SLS beats the SV...It gets there quicker but the SV is at a higher speed.

Which to me suggests wrong gear for the SV start.

Don't ignore torque curves either....

As long as wheelspin is controlled off the line, the SLS has the torque advantage down low plus less inertia to overcome with RWD....

I don't like standing start races as they aren't truly indicative of real world acceleration differences, IMHO.

maybe..maybe not.. The SLS is going to be fast... I for one would put money that the SV wont beat a reg SLR, and supposedly the SLS and SLR are similar.

Don't ignore torque curves either....

As long as wheelspin is controlled off the line, the SLS has the torque advantage down low plus less inertia to overcome with RWD....

I don't like standing start races as they aren't truly indicative of real world acceleration differences, IMHO.

You have a point there. The SV would be much better if someone pulled the front diff, half shafts, and tq. tube. Hmmm, where have I heard of someone doing that before... :eusa_think:

maybe..maybe not.. The SLS is going to be fast... I for one would put money that the SV wont beat a reg SLR, and supposedly the SLS and SLR are similar.

The 722 barely beat it in one race. I bet the standard SLR would be almost dead even with the SV. It would be a great standing mile race to see!

The 722 barely beat it in one race. I bet the standard SLR would be almost dead even with the SV. It would be a great standing mile race to see!

LOL,, you are bringing up top gear? The race where during the filming you see the SLR pulling ahead, and in the next frame the SV is ahead? LOL

Ohh and ya in the same episode a F1 beat a Veyron...OFF THE LINE! LOL

Same amount of torque, less power, little less weight, RWD, DCT and from a roll. And considering that it's a brand new car, I'm guessing the engine does in fact delivery a very nice torque curve and power delivery.

Seems plausible to me.

From a stop, the 670 should get the jump with AWD, but that's not very real-world, if you ask me. I'd say the SLS is looking mighty fine on paper.

LOL,, you are bringing up top gear? The race where during the filming you see the SLR pulling ahead, and in the next frame the SV is ahead? LOL

Ohh and ya in the same episode a F1 beat a Veyron...OFF THE LINE! LOL

:lol2: Not as concrete evidence, no!

Just that they are close and without the 722s upgrades I think the race would be VERY close stock to stock.

Eliminate the shitty AWD on an SV and I would bet the SV beats the regular SLR and is neck and neck with the 722.

If they start @ 60kmh.. the Sv would have to be in 2nd gear..rougly 45mph.

60km/h is 37.2 mph. Doesn't the SV's second gear go up to 110mph or something silly like that?

:lol2: Not as concrete evidence, no!

Just that they are close and without the 722s upgrades I think the race would be VERY close stock to stock.

Eliminate the shitty AWD on an SV and I would bet the SV beats the regular SLR and is neck and neck with the 722.

Actually, due to the AWD the SV even has a chance with a reg SLR off the line..without it... the SV will get killed

60km/h is 37.2 mph. Doesn't the SV's second gear go up to 110mph or something silly like that?

No.. like 80mph... I think 1st is good for around 45mph. The SV gears are shorter than the LP640

37.5 MPH. First is good for 63.

No.. like 80mph... I think 1st is good for around 45mph. The SV gears are shorter than the LP640

You sure about that? Everything I read has second going to 98.

As far as I know SV's gears are shorter than the Lp640.

Even if the Sv were to go 63 in first... Being at right around 40, the fact it has to shift almost immidietley, combined with the fact that in todays world.. SV shifts slow could hurt it.