SLS quicker than the 670-4

DickSimmons

Well the majority of tests, whether US or german or italian have the SV at 128-130 mph in the 1/4 mile and the SLS at about 125-126. I wouldnt be surprised if the SLS was close to an LP560, but Id like to see more than one test result to conclude its quicker than an SV from a dig or roll.

edit: seems the tests werent done on the same day either.

and the standing results of the two cars by the same mags are:

SLS: 1/4 mile in 11.6 @ 126 mph

1 km: 20.8 @ 161 mph

LP670 1/4 mile in 11.1 @ 129 mph

1 km: 19.6 @ 166 mph

I dont know what procedure they used, but from 60 km/h the 997.2TT was also quicker than an LP670.

whats also interesting is that for the LP670, its 1 km speed from a roll is less than from a dig.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn´s the SLS automatic, therefore it would immediately shift in the right gear??

I´m asking because german mags do those test in the highest possible gear, which is a big advantege to automatics, don´t know about italians though.

Actually, due to the AWD the SV even has a chance with a reg SLR off the line..without it... the SV will get killed

See, I disagree. A RWD SV has more HP, a lot less weight, better weight distribution, better rear tires, better geared, better launch control, and isn't an autobox. Plus, it has less tq meaning it won't just spin its wheels like the SLRs do off the line (something you are very familiar with).

I don't see how the SLR could keep up????

Even if the Sv were to go 63 in first... Being at right around 40, the fact it has to shift almost immidietley, combined with the fact that in todays world.. SV shifts slow could hurt it.

I agree that the relatively slow shifts would not be as good as say the 458s.

See, I disagree. A RWD SV has more HP, a lot less weight, better weight distribution, better rear tires, better geared, better launch control, and isn't an autobox. Plus, it has less tq meaning it won't just spin its wheels like the SLRs do off the line (something you are very familiar with).

The Sls also has a 7speed dual clutch transmission. Shifts in 1/100th of a second..

The Sls also has a 7speed dual clutch transmission. Shifts in 1/100th of a second..

Totally agree the SLS is far better in shifting, I was simply talking about the SLRs

All an SLR needs is better tires and it makes a night and day difference. So inmo, from a dead stop the SV should have no problem with holding off an Slr through the 1/4, after that inmo the SLR will make up the difference, from a roll I think a reg SLR has an advantage, and a 722 will have zero problems..

All an SLR needs is better tires and it makes a night and day difference. So inmo, from a dead stop the SV should have no problem with holding off an Slr through the 1/4, after that inmo the SLR will make up the difference, from a roll I think a reg SLR has an advantage, and a 722 will have zero problems..

I think they are two very evenly matched cars. Only a real world test would actually tell us and, unfortunately, I don't think many people have the stones to RWD an SV.

there's no way the sls is faster than the lp670

and not only that i believe that the lp560 is faster than the sls

well i guess the best way is to have a real world test, my friend is having a SLS incoming. I can ask him if we can do some rolling runs against my SV. :) or better yet we can get vbox data

well i guess the best way is to have a real world test, my friend is having a SLS incoming. I can ask him if we can do some rolling runs against my SV. :) or better yet we can get vbox data

here we GO!!!

As far as I know SV's gears are shorter than the Lp640.

No sir. Gears are the same.

And I agree, don't care whats faster by barley a second, I will take the SV any day.

In the end... doesnt matter if the SLS is faster or slower than the SV, Ill take the SV in white please.

Etch that shit in stone!!! Words to live by! :lol2:

nah, keep the SV AWD! just do a TT kit!!!

:eusa_naughty: You do both. :icon_thumleft:

Please! Do it!

• 4 weeks later...

Saw the SLS today. it was looking just the same in real life that in pictures. Interior looked fun place to sit but best thing was the sound. Also other 6.3 AMG models sounded wonderful!

• 2 months later...
Any updates?

The dealer gave me my VIN, so it must be on the boat, I should get it in the middle of August.

Guest Rob Burgundy
The dealer gave me my VIN, so it must be on the boat, I should get it in the middle of August.

Still loving this car. Not as hot about it as I once was but for the price and something cool that could be a DD still a very sweet car.

Did you ever post your specs you ordered anywhere?