04-08 stock block

Kisco

Maybe Heffner and/or UGR can chime in on this one..

I am wondering, how strong is the stock block on the 04-08 Gallardos? Do you (Heff, UGR) use the actual stock block when making, say 1100-1200 rwhp?? TIA

Come on UGR, Heffner!! If anyone knows the answer to this question, it's you guys.. :icon_mrgreen:

I am 99% sure they use a sleeved stock Lambo block with new pistons, rods, and rings. Not sure about the Crank. Would think at the 1200-1600rwhp range they would have a forged crank to go with it.

Come on UGR, Heffner!! If anyone knows the answer to this question, it's you guys.. :icon_mrgreen:

My car is stock block with sleeves...

My car is stock block with sleeves...

That's what I thought, but just wanted confirmation. Thanks.

Thanks, Mike.

I am 99% sure they use a sleeved stock Lambo block with new pistons, rods, and rings. Not sure about the Crank. Would think at the 1200-1600rwhp range they would have a forged crank to go with it.

I don't see anything on UGR/Heffner site regarding a forged crank...

Cool, thanks.

The stock crank is forged.

5.0 — cast aluminium alloy with integrated liners with eutectic alloy; 88 mm (3.46 in) cylinder bore spacing;[4] forged steel crankshaft with split crankpins (to create even 72 deg firing interval with the 90 deg vee-angle)

5.2 — cast aluminium alloy; 90 mm cylinder bore spacing; forged steel crankshaft with shared crankpins (creating an uneven firing interval of either 58 deg or 90 deg separation)

The stock crank is forged.

5.0 — cast aluminium alloy with integrated liners with eutectic alloy; 88 mm (3.46 in) cylinder bore spacing;[4] forged steel crankshaft with split crankpins (to create even 72 deg firing interval with the 90 deg vee-angle)

5.2 — cast aluminium alloy; 90 mm cylinder bore spacing; forged steel crankshaft with shared crankpins (creating an uneven firing interval of either 58 deg or 90 deg separation)

Wow, I had no idea that the 04/05's had forged cranks. Thanks for sharing.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a power limit (when TT-ing) until the pistons don't have to be changed, or they have to be changed anyway?

• 1 month later...

There will be a limit to how much abuse the rods will take, the piston's also typically change to drop compression for a boosted application when running higher boost to prevent detonation. So basically you get to the mechanical limits pretty quickly since this is a high HP naturally aspirated motor. I would say about 800rwhp is safe on a motor like this, you can always push it and have less reliability, but if you hurt a motor in a Gallardo its not a cheap fix.

Is there a power limit (when TT-ing) until the pistons don't have to be changed, or they have to be changed anyway?