So I saw the SLS and the Tramontana @ CEC

Allan-Herbie

Stopped by CEC yesterday as I have never been by. To my suprise they had an SLS. I have to say it was abit dissapointing. Maybe it was the color, or the fact that there was an SLR nearby, but the SLS was underwhelming.. Even the salesguy agreed to be underwhelmed by the car..

Then they had this Tramontana abortion... What a huge hunk of shit for only 850K... Looked like the worlds ugliest, most disproportioned kit cars ever... Youd look like a clown driving it. Hideous..

sls.jpg

sls1.jpg

sls2.jpg

tram1.jpg

tram2.jpg

tram3.jpg

tram4.jpg

tram5.jpg

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think the SLS could grow on you?

So many of the most sought after cars dont grab you from the first viewing.

My local Mercedes dealership has 2. A silver and a black. I haven't really bothered to take pictures because they look like S2000s on roids.

Do you think the SLS could grow on you?

So many of the most sought after cars dont grab you from the first viewing.

I dunno... maybe in another color.. It just didnt excite me at all...

Stopped by CEC yesterday as I have never been by. To my suprise they had an SLS. I have to say it was abit dissapointing. Maybe it was the color, or the fact that there was an SLR nearby, but the SLS was underwhelming.. Even the salesguy agreed to be underwhelmed by the car..

Then they had this Tramontana abortion... What a huge hunk of shit for only 850K... Looked like the worlds ugliest, most disproportioned kit cars ever... Youd look like a clown driving it. Hideous..

what's that black car ?

The SLS to me is a mix of a BMW Z8 and older MB 300SL. I'm sure it's fast and fun, but underwhelming in those pictures.

I think technologically it's a stride forward for MB, but they are going the styling route of GM, "retrochic" and I'll be honest, it doesn't work. But to each his own.

This is not a surprise, it's just not a car that from what I've seen in pics and videos excites the senses. Too sedate for its price point.

Mechanically it's far superior to a lot of that $150k+ segment, but for the AVERAGE consumer there is no way they choose this over say a DB9, or an R8, or a pre-owned G-car, or an F430, or, or, or, or. So many choices.

Tough sell for MB.

Tramontana looks like a bad cross between a Prowler, AMC Pacer and some spaceship. What's up with the bubble top? The front lights look like an afterthought. " Ahh, there all done, oh shit wait we forgot front lights. There, much better"

SLS looks like an XKE with a Lexus rear add on. Both nice autos, but not together

I want to be really really rude about this car. Again.

But one of the mods is getting one so I am withholding my opinion.

It's either aram or porter :eusa_think:

The sls I think is probably worse looking than an sl65 black. It looks like a rounded off brick with absolutely no lines. Sure it might be technically awesome. But who would care when it looks that bad? When they had the camo on the prototypes, I was already thinking how they are going to manage to design a good looking car based on those porportions.....

I have high expectations for this car, think it will be a fun, good handling, no stress ride, with lots ot tech goodies, like the beefy styling cues, the homage to the 300 SL, which was last available new in the year I was born..... and zero doubts about the MB badge and gullwing doors pulling pussy born decades later :)

I think AMG got it right, designed a car that is both classic and fresh looking at the same time. As for comparing design to Italian, Brits, R8's, not gonna go there, to me the SLS is a little "out there" in a class by itself.

Guest skokos

I'm with Vroom on this one. All though I admit this black one doesn't look to overly exciting its a pretty poorly optioned car. No carbon ceramic brakes with the gold calipers. Basic rims. The black doesn't flatter the car very much. I think this caar will be an awesome perfromer and with some minor exterior and engine mods be a real looker

i kinda like the SLS....looks like a tamed down version of the SLR, which maybe some of the older guys would prefer

Older and don't prefer it. TYVM