So I saw the SLS and the Tramontana @ CEC

Allan-Herbie

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw another SLS today in black.. looked coming head on... side and back = boring.. Doesnt hold a candle to the SLR

I finally saw a black one around here the other day on the road and found it completely underwhelming. I'm not sure if it's a color thing or not, but I haven't even seen one in pictures that's caught my eye for that matter.

• 3 weeks later...

Saw a silver one in real on the road today. Sorry...I'll pass. Looks-wise, it's not even close when compared to a SLR and any Lambo will eat it for lunch on the exterior visuals.

IMO, the only time the SLS will garner public/pedestrian admiration is when someone is getting in or out of the car, i.e. when the doors are up.

At what price point does the SLS make sense??

I know many of you would consider it if it wasn't so expensive.

Yeah I think that is the key issue. The looks are great but not aggressive enough to fit the performance/price point. If it was set to go against say the R8 market it would probably seem like a great deal even if the hp was cut down to under 500.

Front good, doors good, back absolutely horrific.

Thought I would like it as its classic cool but really didn’t almost 911 like at the rear and very boxy. Its different but got nothing on the original.

DSCN2625.JPG

DSCN2623.JPG

DSCN2622.JPG

DSCN2612.JPG