World Cup 2010

capt_chaos

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe it!!! I actually had tears when the US scored. A well played effort by all.

The USA might be a very dangerous team in the knock-out stages.

USA - Ghana (good match-up, US probably gets through)

Germany - England (a monumental match-up, no matter how the brits have been playing thus far).

Damn, Aussies brought it! Nice was to go out, very classy, that second goal was awesome.

They did us proud, that's what it means you give your all and have your heart in it, unfortunately the loss against Germany killed us in the end.

The aussie coach couldn't pick a team to save his life completely useless, for the last two games I strongly believe the team selection was done by somebody else.

what an epic futbol day!! just fking SICK :headbang:

my Nomad boyz team qualified today too, thrashing Hawaii this am and now we too are in knockout quarterfinal round Friday morning.

My passion for soccer is at an all time high after 40+ years as my sole occupation!

what an epic futbol day!! just fking SICK :headbang:

my Nomad boyz team qualified today too, thrashing Hawaii this am and now we too are in knockout quarterfinal round Friday morning.

My passion for soccer is at an all time high after 40+ years as my sole occupation!

Everyone is proud to be American right now. I am going to use "USA! USA!" at a bar today as an ice breaker.

Everyone is proud to be American right now. I am going to use "USA! USA!" at a bar today as an ice breaker.

find some soccer chick and you are set :downtown:

Hope you get some!!! :monkeyleft: :monkeyleft: :monkeyleft:

:icon_mrgreen:

This world cup is working out like ww2 - France have forfeited, USA turned up late and England are left to fight the Germans

:lol2:

Another similarity, Italy leaves the fight early.

It got interesting there for the last 10 min but honestly Italy didn't deserve to advance, as much as I like Italy I am not even disappointed from the final result..

Italy played with so much passion the last 10 minutes once they were down 2 goals. Where was this passion the rest of the tournament ? They played like shit the other 260 minutes. Ironically both the finalists from 2006 are out.

correct

Italian players were complety out psicologically

they are good enough as players but they were gone with the mind

they found themselves when it was too late :( a pity

p.s. slovakia players were just ridicolous in their attempt to waste more time as possible...italy deserved to go out but they are the opposite of fair play

It was a very good game and a deserved win and I'm glad the US won, but what's with the overreacting? Nothing's been achieved yet. It's still a very long way. I'm sorry, but that's what I hate - the overhyping, the bloated patriotism. It's okay to enjoy such an achievement, especially for such a young football nation, but keep it in check. It's more annoying than the vuvuzelas.

This world cup is working out like ww2 - France have forfeited, USA turned up late and England are left to fight the Germans

:lol2:

God I love good British humour! :lol2:

It was a very good game and a deserved win and I'm glad the US won, but what's with the overreacting? Nothing's been achieved yet. It's still a very long way. I'm sorry, but that's what I hate - the overhyping, the bloated patriotism. It's okay to enjoy such an achievement, especially for such a young football nation, but keep it in check. It's more annoying than the vuvuzelas.

I wasnt going to say anything but I cant help it. What does it matter to you? Since when is it wrong for people to get excited about a sport? The US is not normally a strong team in the world cup so to win in that fashion is exiciting for people. Honestly I think the "overhyping" and "bloated patriotism" add to the fun of watching this shit. Other then that I dont tend to enjoy watching much soccer. I guess its different strokes for different folks..... :icon_thumleft:

And for the record, everyone knows its a long way away. If you hate it now, just think how much you are going to hate it if they win their next couple games......

I wasnt going to say anything but I cant help it. What does it matter to you? Since when is it wrong for people to get excited about a sport? The US is not normally a strong team in the world cup so to win in that fashion is exiciting for people. Honestly I think the "overhyping" and "bloated patriotism" add to the fun of watching this shit. Other then that I dont tend to enjoy watching much soccer. I guess its different strokes for different folks..... :icon_thumleft:

And for the record, everyone knows its a long way away. If you hate it now, just think how much you are going to hate it if they win their next couple games......

:iamwithstupid:

I lost it though when the guy in Arkansas started to freak out. Who wears a USA Scarf in Arkansas in the middle of the summer? :lol2:

That video was great, and shows what can potentially happen if the US becomes a World Power in Soccer. Honestly, I could care less about soccer, but I do love my country. World Cup is cool because the Patriotism comes out of everyone.

One day there will be some upset Argentinians, Brazilians, Mexicans, and Europeans when the USA wins World Cups. It is bound to happen eventually.

Can't watch Brazil v Portugal live. I'll bet it's a great game.

First half ended a few minutes ago, I'LL TAKE THAT BET. $100? LOL