World Cup 2010

capt_chaos

well the USA's chances just got better with your ankle issue :icon_mrgreen:

Charlie Davies auto accident was a tough break, without a doubt the fastest rising star in US soccer when he went down...like you said, PACE was his strength...has that breakaway speed with the ball at his feet. Unyewu is questionable for sure and right away we are hurtin' :(

We lack the depth of players who have beaten a Spain, or tried to handle the Brazilian assualt! I don't feel that great about our chances, but then again, I NEVER feel that good about our chances and once in a while we get a little momo and create some excitement!

....regarding my playing, I did see fast paced action for a lot of my career. The pace in Argentina was too fast! :headbang:

ps, I attended a Nottingham Forest training session on a visit there in the 90's. Alfie Conn was assisting then and had played over here okayed it :) I also walked out onto their pitch middle of the afternoon, like I owned the place, lol and nearly got arrested...ended up sharing story with the authorities and made friends :)

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always root for the team with the best looking bitc......err... fans. :icon_thumleft:

brazilian-soccer-fan.jpg

brazil.jpg

BrazilSoccerCheers.jpg

hot-brazil-brazilian-soccer-girls.jpeg

937594.jpeg

GO SPAIN! Just look at their team and their players.. nothing can stop them (except maybe Messi). ;)

I think an underdog will shine through this year, its a shame about the French players having the case/possible jail time looming over their heads they may not be able to play to their full capacity. I don't think the England team will get that far either, maybe to the quarters then out.

fuuuuuuuuu

you guys talked soccer for 29 pages and I wasn't even born yet = aaaaarrrrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhhhh! :eusa_wall:

do it again and this time I can chime in now and then :eusa_shhh: I am SO jacked up for the World Cup to start! I am going to be taking my U-19 boys team to New Mexico for a week during the cup to compete on the national level, it is going to be exciting soccer times :)

and rakjoe, why Italy? Are you Italian? Nice call last cup!

and rakjoe, why Italy? Are you Italian? Nice call last cup!

I am not Italian, when I was 8 years old (1980) my father bought a FIAT, I loved that little car so much that I decided to root for Italy come the world cup.... true story..

The 82 cup turned out to be a pretty good campaign for the Azurri who won it and for an awe struck 10 year old kid who adopted the Italians as their life long fan.. :eusa_dance:

2006 was an oportunity for me to relive my childhood experience when Italy won the cup, now I know it's not going to be easy to repeat but it's going to be fun to watch, that's for sure...

The month of June is going to be a "Repeat" month for my teams, The Lakers for the NBA championship and Italy for the world cup... let's see if I can make it 2 out of 2.. :icon_mrgreen:

I am not Italian, when I was 8 years old (1980) my father bought a FIAT, I loved that little car so much that I decided to root for Italy come the world cup.... true story..

The 82 cup turned out to be a pretty good campaign for the Azurri who won it and for an awe struck 10 year old kid who adopted the Italians as their life long fan.. :eusa_dance:

2006 was an oportunity for me to relive my childhood experience when Italy won the cup, now I know it's not going to be easy to repeat but it's going to be fun to watch, that's for sure...

The month of June is going to be a "Repeat" month for my teams, The Lakers for the NBA championship and Italy for the world cup... let's see if I can make it 2 out of 2.. :icon_mrgreen:

that really is an awesome story and that's great that you got that surprise win last cup, must have been amazing for fans of the Azurri! I always sincerely felt like I was born in the wrong country...I grew up playing futbol, driving fast Italian sports cars, and chasing Italian women! Shoulda been born in Italy! Viva Italia!

and from here once again forza azzurri

but this is not 2006: Italy has not GREAT players this time...only a great coach (as much as Capello)

all the remaining great players of 4 years ago are "old" now :(

i am sorry but i think they are unlikely to go far this WC

i think England has a good team and a good coach, i have a soft spot for England team and they are never lucky

if Italy is not going far, i will support them, US and Portugal

i think England has a good team and a good coach, i have a soft spot for England team and they are never lucky

if Italy is not going far, i will support them, US and Portugal

Good man. Capello is a master though and so far he has done wonders for the team, exciting to see what will happen.

I am wondering if the ball this tournament will move about like it did in Germany because that caused some impressive goals.

Gonna be a great game hearing this all the time...

Don't remind me! Way to ruin the atmosphere. I don't care if it's tradition or all that crap, it completely ruins any attempt at creating REAL atmosphere.

I hate those things so much...What tradition??? I though it was the chanting and singing that was the tradition, that is just noise, incessant, obnoxious, annoying....noise.

To think just 4 years ago I was taking a break from studying for an exam to watch matches. Looking forward to seeing a good copa this year.

I hope USA can make some kind of showing against England.

3-1.

Not bad, not very slick but did the job, a phenomenally sweet goal from Glen Johnson.

Aaron Lennon has found his pace and promising cameo from the other Johnson that was playing playing Div one at the start of the season!

Who are the USA warming up against?

Japan next on Sunday then the squad gets shrunk to 23.