World Cup 2010

capt_chaos

Wow, that's a lot of good players sitting at home.

CoachingFail cup coming near you

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mind you, I wasn't all groupie an shit over those guys. I already saw they were in the place but whatever, it happens, not the 1st time I've seen pro-athletes before (I have a few as clients).... So anyways, I was at the bar and Ronaldinho pushed up next to me to order some drinks. I turned and said "oh hey whats up", shook hands and asked "so whats goin on in San Diego, what brought you here?" He responded, an we said a couple things (small talk shit). He wasn't trying to avoid conversation, was just real chill. JC came over to grab a beer Ron introduced him, we shook hands etc. And yeah, Im dialed in, it was just JC that I said good luck to as they left, "thanks man I really appreciate that." was his response. Cool to see they were down to earth dudes, probably just glad only a few people recognized them.

And I think Dunga is an Idiot thats bringing a boring defensive minded team to the WC.

It's alright, but I think Ronaldinho is so pissed off that he didn't got selected. He's only 30 years old and knowing how good he was the past few years and know knowing that everything is going down hill really has to suck.

We should try to keep this thread as safe for work as possible

It pretty much cover all the pics available. I mean, fcuk knows if Ribery took some pics while banging her, but I sure won't see them.

I hope she charged Ribery extra, that guy can do with an extreme make over :icon_mrgreen:

Go the Socceroos. Oh we lost. Well think we better get used to it.

It was a great start to the game. Here mate, it's 3 minutes in have the ball in front of our goal :eusa_wall:

FYI For all of you picking Italy, England, Holland, Spain etc to win this World Cup just remember, a European team had NEVER won a World Cup outside of Europe. A safer bet would be Brazil or Argentina. Not saying a European team cannot win, but statistics don't lie. South African conditions are a lot more similar to South America than Europe. African teams will also do well since they are playing on their home continent. An African team making the semi's would not surprise me. Conditions play a huge factor and the elevation would favor South American and African teams over European ones. Personally I am favoring Brazil to win it. Love Argentina and Italy. Just don't see them winning.

African teams will also do well since they are playing on their home continent. An African team making the semi's would not surprise me. Conditions play a huge factor and the elevation would favor South American and African teams over European ones.

Host country often does really well so look for South Africa to go to the quarter/semi's.

I think it could well be Messi's tournament.

Hopefully some of you can see this but that touch and the crowds reaction to it!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/w...010/8728293.stm

Oh and Nani the fanny is out.

Messi is amazing but he needs support, let's hope his team mates will be able to provide it to him.

Side note:

How friking annoying are those trumpets or whatever you call them???

I am watching the games without sound I can't not stand that continuous ridiculously annoying racket :eusa_wall: :eusa_wall: :eusa_wall:

Messi is amazing but he needs support, let's hope his team mates will be able to provide it to him.

Side note:

How friking annoying are those trumpets or whatever you call them???

I am watching the games without sound I can't not stand that continuous ridiculously annoying racket :eusa_wall: :eusa_wall: :eusa_wall:

Support you say?

The trumpets are annoying, congrates in advance should go to South Africa for pissing off the world with that bunch of crap.

Support you say?

The trumpets are annoying, congrates in advance should go to South Africa for pissing off the world with that bunch of crap.

Holy crap for a second I thought I was watching Barca, amazing!!!

I need trumpet therapy in order to watch this world cup!!!

really a hard tournament to predict outcomes anymore with all the injuries to key stars and with the 'neutral' location, EACH and EVERY game is going to be an amazing event! I just feel like being able to pick one team over another is getting more and more difficult to do, since on any given day, anything is possible.....let's not forget the US was on a thread of a lifeline a year ago at Confederations Cup and in a matter of a week rose up and knocked off #1 Spain and nearly toppled #2 Brazil. I just wanna beat those Kooky Capt. Chaos Brits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :headbang: :eusa_dance: :icon_mrgreen:

a VERY exciting sports week!!!! Especially here in chicago

stanley cup finals

NBA finals

Greece and USA start world cup

cubs vs white sox weekend crosstown classic, the world series for these two teams this year!!!

DVR goin to be burnin up the hours!!!!

I just realised that Sunday night is the F1 1-4 and the Socceroos vs Germany game at 4. Looks like no sleep to be had!

I just realised that Sunday night is the F1 1-4 and the Socceroos vs Germany game at 4. Looks like no sleep to be had!

IQ by Foxtel is your friend, I have two in the house, I can record 4 shows at once :lol2:

Ambassadors bet on USA-England World Cup match

The US ambassador in London will buy his counterpart a steak if England wins

Diplomats in London and Washington have raised the stakes over Saturday's US-England World Cup clash by wagering a meal over the game's outcome.

The bet was brokered in cables between aides to US Ambassador Louis Susman and UK Ambassador Sir Nigel Sheinwald.

"We will understand if you decline, given the outcome of the last such encounter," a US aide wrote, referring to the US defeat of England in 1950.

A UK aide said Sir Nigel took his steak like that win - "somewhat rare".

"Even for such an exceptionally optimistic nation as the United States, I am struck by the confidence with which your ambassador proposes this wager," Martin Longden, press secretary to Sir Nigel, wrote to Philip Breeden of the US embassy in London in an exchange first reported by Politico.com.

"It is testament, I assume, to the generosity of your great nation, since the British ambassador does not anticipate paying out."

Mr Breeden replied: "It is true that our soccer (a fine English word we have kindly preserved for you) history is not as long and illustrious as yours.

"However, as your generals noted during World War II, we have a unique capability for quickly identifying and advancing talent."

British embassy staff, their families and some US acquaintances will be watching the game on a big-screen television at the embassy in Washington.

Roughly one quarter of the embassy staff are American nationals, "so it should make for a lively crowd", an embassy official told the BBC.

"We're not doing anything more grand," the official said. "We'll leave that to the final."

Holy crap for a second I thought I was watching Barca, amazing!!!

I need trumpet therapy in order to watch this world cup!!!

Yeah, Argentina has a "squad". I think bringing Veron and leaving Riquelme is gonna cost them though. For some reason I think they'll fall short in the Quarterfinals. I'm thinking in the Semis:

Brazil (obviously they're THAT good)

England (it's their time and the right guys are healthy and have the proper maturity and experience now)

Ghana (something about playing in your home continent)

and either:

Germany (they ALWAYS play well prepared and stubbornly solid in the big dance)

Italy (serious sleeper, defending champs least thought about that I can remember, and also come prepared and shuts offenses DOWN. They get one goal up and the game pretty much stops)

or USA (another sleeper, less fanfare than last time, and a LOT of international league guys with real football experience comparable to any of the other teams' players.

But it all depends on how they do the brackets I guess..

I will definitely not be called up by Don Fabio, having just returned to playing since my ankle sprain I then pull another injury.

I have a small fracture on my Proximal Phalanges.

footbones.jpg

South Africa weren't that bad, they did some good moves actually, nice goal. Now please bring the most boring team ever: France.

South Africa weren't that bad, they did some good moves actually, nice goal. Now please bring the most boring team ever: France.

watch it or you'll get slapped with a white glove and challenged to a duel.

So is it not till the quarterfinals where they have OT?