Supercharged Roadster with engine fire?

abolfaz

Does anybody know anything about a black 98 roadster with twin superchargers and kinesis wheels that had a light engine fire? I think the car was located in northern florida.

Its not gone, I just got it today, the damage was on the drivers side quarter panel only. The engine is fine, and the rest of the car is ok with the exception of one seat. The engine/supercharger is trick, I just want to know the history behind this car.

I will post pics if somebody would let me know how to do so. The engine is hardly damaged, with the exception of the drivers side intake. The fire seems to have started at or around the oil cooler. I think I saw pictures of this car before the fire on this site, anybody have the pics?

I know a little about the car. It had some work done by a non-dealer repair facility. I think it wasn't done properly and had oil leaks. The oil leaks caught fire while driving. It was my understanding that the supercharger system had nothing to do with the fire.

It was a dual supercharger system.

To post pics you have to click "post reply" at the bottom left and then after typing a message click "add an attachment". The photo must be 800 x 600 or less and 156 KB or less. Once you click "add an attachment" scroll down again and look for the "browse" button. Then go to where the photo is saved and click open. Then you have to click "add attachment" once you do this you can see if there was any error at the top of the window if not when you "submit" you should see it

I remember it belonged to one on the AOL guys before the guy in FL had it. He has some posts on another board.com. He the one that said it cought on fire while he was driving. check over there for some more history on the car

Congrats on the car! I hear its pretty fast

I'm thinking of putting it on ebay and getting rid of it. I'm trying to convince the wife that we really need to keep this car in addition to the Aston Martin, 6.0 Diablo and the 97 Twin Turbo S, if it doesn't work its going on ebay Friday.

NuclearJACK Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 4:40 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

lol at light engine fire. its like the used car ads that say "light roll" minor damage

No, really it was a light fire. I will post some pics tomorrow. Here is what I consider a heavy fire...... Believe it or not the guy who purchased this from me almost has it all together now!

I'm thinking of putting it on ebay and getting rid of it.  I'm trying to convince the wife that we really need to keep this car in addition to the Aston Martin, 6.0 Diablo and the 97 Twin Turbo S, if it doesn't work its going on ebay Friday.

What color and how many miles on the 993 TT "S"? Is it also a "fire" car?

-James Miller

No, the 993 twin turbo S is ocean blue metalic with tan interior. Very low on options though, no sport seats and no supple leather, a very base Turbo S. The only major option the car has is full leather. I found the burned diablo completely by accident, I was leaving my plant in Miami and three blocks away from my plant I saw the car being cleaned outside a warehouse, I pulled over, cut a deal and waited for a flatbed to show up to move it to my building.

Jmes, Believe it or not I found my last countach on NW 7th ave and 125th street in a car lot accross from the Barbeque Barn! I have had really weird luck finding Lamborghini's in bad neighborhoods.

As far as buying damaged cars from used car guys I think the following was the most honest description I ever got from one of these salvage dealers: "the car was a recovered theft that was stolen from the owner, involved in a car chase, caught on fire, slamed into another car and then bounced off and went into a lake..., but its not that bad"

In theory, I guess you could say that there is no such thing as "light" fire damage, but the car I just got is very repairable. The guy who sold me the chassis pictured above told me that this car was different because the fire wasn't put off with water, but instead it was allowed to shut off by itself therefore avoiding the rapid cooling the metals would have suffered with water and so the metal was still in good shape! What a bunch SHIT!

I'll post some pics of the roadster tomorrow.

No, the 993 twin turbo S is ocean blue metalic with tan interior.  Very low on options though, no sport seats and no supple leather, a very base Turbo S.  The only major option the car has is full leather.  I found the burned diablo completely by accident, I was leaving my plant in Miami and three blocks away from my plant I saw the car being cleaned outside a warehouse, I pulled over, cut a deal and waited for a flatbed to show up to move it to my building.  

Jmes, Believe it or not I found my last countach on NW 7th ave and 125th street in a car lot accross from the Barbeque Barn!  I have had really weird luck finding Lamborghini's in bad neighborhoods.

NW 7th and 125th - NICE - ( kinda east of, but ) midway between Opa-Locka and Hialeah - LOL! If I saw any type of Lambo in that area, I'd guess it was stolen and at a chop shop.

Nice "S" BTW.

-James Miller

Would anybody be interested in buying the supercharger system? Its unharmed, I hear that it costs $80k+ installed, any offers?

I think the guy I got the roadster from is running a chop shop! If you know Hialeah, the car was outside a warehouse on 10th ave just north of 79th street behind the metorail station. He did say something about a friend of his having tons of Lambo parts.

These are the only photos I can post, the others are too big. I don't know if I should fix it and keep it or just stick it on ebay.

Whos the idiot that told you that the car was gone? The other roadster shown above was in a major fire, not this one.

Does anybody know what the supercharger system costs? I've heard $80k to $100k installed? Any ideas?