My verginity is gone:)

lambolp400s

Yesterday, my Countach virginity burst. And in what a way! After buying my first car magazine with a Countach on the front cover in -83 (still got the mag) it is still my dreamcar. So, what was i to say when I was asked to drive the 6th production car, a seagreen LP400 Periscopo to a carmeeting yestarday? Considdering its value, my brain said no, but it was beaten to submission by the heart, and I accsepted:) Started the allmost 2 hour run in rain, and I have to admit I was nervous. So, after a while, the sun came out, and I in the LP400, and the owner, himself running the Sinatra Miura, and followed by his LP400S1 and 91 Diablo and a few other oldies had to do a few laps at the track while being filmed by a helicopter for something..

SO, the fun started. In gleamin sun, the Pilot-shades went on, and we turned home in the four Lambos. Not doing something to daring, this was memory-stuff in the making! Cruising at 70-80 miles one car overtaking the other all the time, and seing these old Lambos in motion was a treat for the eyes!!!!!

While driving, and as the miles whent by, I became more and more at ease, and startet to DRIVE the car, the good thing that happened was that I really liked the way the car was to drive, and I was positively suprised that it was not the hell to be in as you might belive after hearing and reading stories. If I wasnt in love with good old BAD-BOYS car before, this trip was like heroin to me, and I'm so hooked. I don't want one, I need one!

DSC06460.JPG

DSC06466.JPG

DSC06467.JPG

DSC06485.JPG

DSC06486.JPG

DSC06487.JPG

DSC06492.JPG

DSC06504.JPG

DSC06505.JPG

DSC06518.JPG

DSC06520.JPG

DSC06522.JPG

DSC06526.JPG

DSC06530.JPG

DSC06533.JPG

DSC06534.JPG

DSC06535.JPG

Nice cars. Your head was touching the roof!

No, not my head. It has 1/3" left when relaxing in the torso, but my hair got badly messed up:)

So, being 6'2" and about 240 pounds is the limit for this car.

Sinatra Miura was for sale a few years back and had a hard time getting around $150k US. Makes me want to puke.

Sinatra Miura was for sale a few years back and had a hard time getting around $150k US. Makes me want to puke.

Any interior shots of that car?

one hell of a line-up, thanks for sharing, I would have loved to have done that! :icon_super:

No, not my head. It has 1/3" left when relaxing in the torso, but my hair got badly messed up:)

So, being 6'2" and about 240 pounds is the limit for this car.

loved the excitement in your story :icon_thumleft:

You have to buy one now, do you happen to have any interior shots of the green car?

VERY COOL!

now you have to buy one LP400S :)

one question: what year and VIN on the S? it does not have S1 rims and wing

Only bad interiorshots. Miura through frontshield, and the LP400 during rebuild.

Emilio, I don't rememder the vin, but when I had acsess to Lamborghiniregistery.com, I think it was shown there. Guess it was a late 1980 production when the Bravos had been replaced. Asked him once about it, if it not was supposed to have it, but during the 40th anniversary, at the factory, they gathered and shared info on the cars, and if the Bravos was original to this car, I'm pretty sure he that is the most original-fanatic car buff I've met would have got some for the car.

DSC02055.JPG

DSC03976.JPG

Only bad interiorshots. Miura through frontshield, and the LP400 during rebuild.

Emilio, I don't rememder the vin, but when I had acsess to Lamborghiniregistery.com, I think it was shown there. Guess it was a late 1980 production when the Bravos had been replaced. Asked him once about it, if it not was supposed to have it, but during the 40th anniversary, at the factory, they gathered and shared info on the cars, and if the Bravos was original to this car, I'm pretty sure he that is the most original-fanatic car buff I've met would have got some for the car.

ok, i got it

if it is a 1980 all misteries are solved: is a series 2 car and the rims are correct for it

I might remember wrong about the year of the red LP400. But it is a Series 1. Photos of it from when it was for sale in UK some years back: http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?...l=sinatra+miura . Have seen car parked next to another red S1, and the blue LP400 that was in the Top Gear episode some years ago, and driven by captain slow, and standing together you easily see that the red cars are lower than the blue one. Blue and other red car belonges to his son.. Keep it in the family:)