Benelli Shotguns

pockmark

I am about to pick one up for the house. This is a Class 3 tactical shotgun. It also has: Laserlight (Surefire) forearms, Rifle sights, and it has a light at the end of it.

They make good guns, I prefer Beretta instead though.

My dad who is into guns said that the one I bought is as close to a fully automatic shotgun as a shotgun can get. Dont need to pump it at all, just keep pulling the trigger.

Holds only 5 slugs though. May need to get some accessories for it soon.

They make good guns, I prefer Beretta instead though.

I have a super black eagle 2 12 guage for hunting. I also have a Beretta a390. IMO the is Benelli superior, I havent shot the pump guns though. But in the semi auto's the Benelli is much smoother and well balanced.

I have a super 90 semi auto and never jams...great shotgun!

I dont hunt, this will be a self defense indoor gun only. Sounds like its perfect for what I will be using it for. Normally an invader hears the pump action of a gun and runs, this one will keep things quiet and keep him inside (just the way I want it as I have no kids to worry about yet).

Will be bad news for anyone when they are hit by 5-12 guage slugs in a row.

I dont hunt, this will be a self defense indoor gun only. Sounds like its perfect for what I will be using it for. Normally an invader hears the pump action of a gun and runs, this one will keep things quiet and keep him inside (just the way I want it as I have no kids to worry about yet).

Will be bad news for anyone when they are hit by 5-12 guage slugs in a row.

Even though your looking for home defense they probably use the same mechanics for their whole line of weapons. I agree that a shotgun is the best weapon for home defense 100%. There is nothing more deadly within 50 feet than a shotgun. I would rather have 3.5" #1 buckshot than slugs myself, for the following reasons:

1) The 16 pellets in #1 buckshot are devastating to the human body, you can strike someone almost anywhere ie leg, stomach, center mass, with almost 100% fatal results.

2) Its hard to miss within the confines of a home with 16 opportunities to strike a target vs 1 with a slug

3) #1 Buck pellets present 1.13" of combined surface contact vs .63" from a slug while still providing adequate penetration

4) You also have a lot better chance of keeping the lead inside your home so you dont kill your neighbor next door in his sleep.

Some people will load #1 buck first then follow it with #00 buck which has 9 pellets of a larger diameter, then #000 then a slug. This will give you more penetration at longer distances, I guess to hit them as they are fleeing:)

I wanted the Mossberg too and chose the benelli over it. I love the fact that it has a spotlight on it too, so they will be blinded while they are getting shot.

I hope I never have to use it, but feel much more comfortable now with it there. Will post pics when it arrives.

Dtxfree,

Thanks for the insight. I will definately use that advice. I am new to shotguns, so recommendations like that, or maybe possible accesories or additions to it will be helpful.

Some people will load #1 buck first then follow it with #00 buck which has 9 pellets of a larger diameter, then #000 then a slug. This will give you more penetration at longer distances, I guess to hit them as they are fleeing:)

clever and totally bad ass

I have a super 90 semi auto and never jams...great shotgun!

Have the same....a very reliable action

Had an M1 and an M3. Awesome shotguns, but I realized I hate shooting them, so I sold them. The 14" tactical would be nice, but was too lazy/cheap to jump through the hoops to get one.

Dtxfree,

Thanks for the insight. I will definately use that advice. I am new to shotguns, so recommendations like that, or maybe possible accesories or additions to it will be helpful.

No prob! hope it helps, I will give you another nugget:) If you shoot 3.5" magnum ammo, Federal sells a #1 buck shell with 27 pellets!!! Total devastation to anyone in front of that!! :headbang:

Dtxfree,

No prob! hope it helps, I will give you another nugget:) If you shoot 3.5" magnum ammo, Federal sells a #1 buck shell with 27 pellets!!! Total devastation to anyone in front of that!! :headbang:

The shooting at about 33 seconds is the type that this gun produces from what I was told. It has a pistol grip too.

This is the next one my dad is buying (Something called a Tromix?):

I know this is a repost for some but check this one out!!

Is a slug gun your best option for home defense?

a shotgun is. You can shoot through doors and drywall with much better accuracy than a handgun if you use buckshot, and it is much easier to hit your target with it.