Tour de France 2010

topcabron

Just an oversight...all jail the god of Thunder! :icon_mrgreen:

*Hail* not jail... sorry. And yes Vino looked great and I hope he brings it to the mountains with him.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

*Hail* not jail... sorry. And yes Vino looked great and I hope he brings it to the mountains with him.

drug related not with standing, Vino is a very nice, and interesting guy.

I spent an hour with him at the Giro twice, and he was very personable. He was very good on most of the days until the high mountains. Although his first job is to protect, I see him attacking early on stage 7-9 and on 16 to either gain time or help when AC comes up to him from the pack.

post-9296-1278448416_thumb.jpg

Was plenty of carnage, but it didn't cost too many people too much in the whole scheme of the race, a minute this early on isn't the end of the world.

I agree on the Thor not pulling his weight, a bit dissappointing but nothing you can do about, you can't shake him and you can't push him over lol. Good to see Cadel get up the front, don't think he'll have the legs though.

I think LA may have made a few stand up and look after his crossing, though I would have loved to see him push on past the group.

Green Jersey: Cav (as long as he keeps his mouth shut and lets his legs do the talking)

As for Green, I see Cav in it. He finished the Tour last year, won the final stage on the Champs Elysses. I am bullish on him. Tyler will give him his biggest challenge. I think Petacchi will pull off a win.

Cav is almost out of it

Petacchi 2-Cav 0

Gotta tell ya, my crystal ball did not see Petachi over Cavendish. Score another one for the old guy, as Cav was not even in the mix with Petachi today.

I guess the other question to ask is if either Cav, Petacchi or Thor will see Paris.

Cav may pout out! I see he had a tantrum yesterday...I think the other two will probably finish..

Cav may pout out! I see he had a tantrum yesterday...I think the other two will probably finish..

HOW YOU LIKE ME NOW!

dv794826_600.jpg

In impressive fashion none the less. Front camera view was not super flattering but the aerial helicopter shot showed what was up. I am just surprised that Thor, the god of whinning, didn't get relegated for some pretty aggressive bumping with Renshaw @ 700 meters. But that is something that Thor would do. He certainly showed them a clean pair of wheels. I hope he can keep it up.

Cav 2, Petacchi 2, Thor 1. Another display of absolute speed. Aerial shot shows it again. Put at least a bike length into them from 200 meters. He also just tied the record for stage wins of Zabel and McKewen today. He is at 11 and this is his third Tour.

000_dv795553_600.jpg

cyclist cant fight

Well I didn't say they were doing it very well, but using the wheel was pretty funny.

Well I didn't say they were doing it very well, but using the wheel was pretty funny.

Coward act by a Spanish Cyclist... but the Portuguese Rui Costa whooped is ass

:fxloc: :fxloc: :fxloc:

found out what the fight was about. Turns out that they touched handlebars in the closing kilometers and Baredo wanted Costa to feel his pain. Both were fined and both apologized.

found out what the fight was about. Turns out that they touched handlebars in the closing kilometers and Baredo wanted Costa to feel his pain. Both were fined and both apologized.

Thanks, I never did catch what started it.

As tight as those packs of bikes are sometimes it looks like they're all banging into each other on TV.

Thanks, I never did catch what started it.

As tight as those packs of bikes are sometimes it looks like they're all banging into each other on TV.

that is the nature of sprinting, and pack riding.

Shit happens.....its racing.

I sincerely hope that Lance will be able to put his ego aside now and ride for Levi or perhaps go for a stage win.

I sincerely hope that Lance will be able to put his ego aside now and ride for Levi or perhaps go for a stage win.

that will happen, and maybe he will be fourth.

I see Cadel holding the jersey until the Pyrenees. Unfortunately, Cadel does not have a team that can support the jersey. If Cantador attacks Tuesday, He will displace the Australian. Andy cant time trial as well Cantador, so one minute is really nothing.

Poor Lance. Not a good way to go out. One tour too many.

Well that was a great stage! Lots of back & forth between the top two contenders, LA coming up in the overall classification, Vino doing his best to ride for the team, AC looking very strong while AS just couldn't put any time on him. Levi riding very strong but doesn't look strong enough to win it all, unless AC & AS have some bad luck.

If things stay the same, this whole race will come down to the Time Trial and AC will beat AS by 3+ minutes I'm guessing, on the TT.

Great Race thus far!