Tour de France 2010

topcabron

Dang it, I woke up to late to see only the last part of the last climb of the day today, plus the finish. Please tell me there was more action than in the last 1/2 hour or so?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If AC has the yellow tomorrow.....its over.

If AS has the yellow after tomorrow, and a lead greater than 1:30, it will be close on Saturday.

Either way, tomorrow is going to be very exciting. Coverage is starting early.

Yep, I have to agree completely. There just wasn't much that AS could do today unless AC happened to have a bad day, which he did not. Amazing just how fast those two went up that mountain! Now absent a flat tire or wreck, AC looks to threepeat...and deservedly so.

Maybe, I don't know though. Sanchez has been Spanish TT champ before hasn't he? I know that Menchov is fast against the clock for sure, but with the podium in sight he might get third place yellow jersey fever. I hope you are right though, I like Menchov and how he rides.

Maybe, I don't know though. Sanchez has been Spanish TT champ before hasn't he? I know that Menchov is fast against the clock for sure, but with the podium in sight he might get third place yellow jersey fever. I hope you are right though, I like Menchov and how he rides.

Menchov won the Giro two years ago based on his tt ability.

Sanchez is smarting from the the fall today.

Read an interesting comment yesterday re. Lance, which paraphrased was something to the effect that he started the race as a professional cyclist, and then he became a tourist on a bicycle and is now just a tourist-so true. The upcoming federal investigation into his involvement with USPS and doping, I think, will be the end for him. LeMonde is going to go into the grand jury just pissing vinegar.

Read an interesting comment yesterday re. Lance, which paraphrased was something to the effect that he started the race as a professional cyclist, and then he became a tourist on a bicycle and is now just a tourist-so true. The upcoming federal investigation into his involvement with USPS and doping, I think, will be the end for him. LeMonde is going to go into the grand jury just pissing vinegar.

LeMond isn't going to do shit... He was subpoena for "documents" only. I bet he is pissed about that. The docs will pertain to emails sent back and forth between him and Landis and likely between him and Armstrong. Don't get me started about LeMond, he is/was as dirty as the best of them I am sure. And the venom he spews, the people that he sues (including many members of his own family) is just amazing.

Menchov won the Giro two years ago based on his tt ability.

Sanchez is smarting from the the fall today.

They were a dead heat in the Prologue. It isn't two years ago. He has the edge, but I think Sanchez is gonna be pretty motivated. FYI, Sammy Sanchez beat Menchov by almost two minutes in the Olympic TT two years ago also. That was over an hour effort. You are right about the fall though. If that really hurt him the aero position will kill him since it was his sternum that he racked.

mechanic will be looking for a job after this one. Its hard to say who the best rider really is. When you are sitting in yellow, you only need to work as hard as your next best competitor. If Andy doesn't drop a chain, or AC doesn't attack, would the Pyrenees be different? Would AC try harder? Hard to say. Andy did look very good this year and AC looked labored at times. Its a shame that the mechanical played such big role.

the only unsettled business is the green jersey. Cav or Allesandro? AP is hurting big time, but so is MC. HTC has the better lead out team. Its all about placings. We haven't seen a breakaway in a number of years, so, providing that doesn't happen, 10 points just isn't close enough for MC to overcome even if he does win.

AP in green after tomorrow.

Lots of action, but, in the end, AC did just enough work to win. AS did not turn himself inside out to challenge. This tour was decided by a mistake.

MC rocked and was robbed of a green.....next year.

Petacch did a great consistent tour.

Menchov was awesome, Hesjedal did great

And Lance sucked the big one. Hopefully he crawls under a rock and disappears forever.

• 2 months later...

Looking like Andy will receive the yellow by default, and Bjarni has lost everyone that means anything to his team. Alberto is so stupid, to use an old drug that can be detected so easily. He should have taken better advice from Lance as to what to take when you win.

Though he's claiming food contamination, I'm assuming there is no way to prove that so he's in trouble. What does the drug do? Is it performance enhancing or masking?

Though he's claiming food contamination, I'm assuming there is no way to prove that so he's in trouble. What does the drug do? Is it performance enhancing or masking?

Clenbutorol is used for asthma but also acts much like ephedrine. He is fucked unless the B sample proves otherwise. But, if the B sample is tested and its positive, he is 2 years fucked anyways.

They tested B Sample immediately. It was dirty too. He is going to play the contaminated food card, and will likely lose. I thought he was dirty from day one. I am not saying this is what I thought he was guilty of, but I have never believed the hype. That said, I also have a different outlook on doping. I wish it would stop, but I don't see it going away any time soon.

What's interesting is that the argument is somewhat parallel to Landis' argument about the testosterone (If I remember right). Wasn't Landis' testosterone level just barely above detectable ranges and he blamed on some outside source? Sort of like Contador is doing here with the clenbuerol? All I know is that I gave landis the benefit of the doubt thinking that some of his arguments made sense and that it could have happened the way he explained it...only to find out years later that he lied. The whole "Blaming it on the food" argument sounds very similar to me...Plus, dont those teams have chefs/dietitians prep all of the food during the tour? How likely is it that they would have some contaminated food that only affected AC?

What's interesting is that the argument is somewhat parallel to Landis' argument about the testosterone (If I remember right). Wasn't Landis' testosterone level just barely above detectable ranges and he blamed on some outside source? Sort of like Contador is doing here with the clenbuerol? All I know is that I gave landis the benefit of the doubt thinking that some of his arguments made sense and that it could have happened the way he explained it...only to find out years later that he lied. The whole "Blaming it on the food" argument sounds very similar to me...Plus, dont those teams have chefs/dietitians prep all of the food during the tour? How likely is it that they would have some contaminated food that only affected AC?

the beef that is in question was brought to the team by a friend. I don't know how many people ate this suspected beef, and who was tested like AC, but Vino did not eat the beefs he was clean.

Landis drank the infamous beer that raised his testosterone level (he claimed).

AC is fucked because his defense does not matter. The source of the offending substance does not matter. What matters is where it was found....in his body. The athlete is responsible for his body and what goes into it.

His defense is only to save face, not clear his name.