My G fire

norcal2

Came home tonight, hot evening, parked out in front of the house, 5 minutes later ka boom, literally, flames 8 feet high left side of the engine and left upper grill......lucky the car wasnt in the garage or the whole place would have gone up..looks like the left oil cooler aluminum line burst.....ill take pics tomorrow and post them, i put it out with the garden hose before the fire department arrived... rear of the car is toast...Im just glad I didnt park it in the garage right away like I usually do...lucky....

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, that's horrible. I'm glad no one was hurt.

Came home tonight, hot evening, parked out in front of the house, 5 minutes later ka boom, literally, flames 8 feet high left side of the engine and left upper grill......lucky the car wasnt in the garage or the whole place would have gone up..looks like the left oil cooler aluminum line burst.....ill take pics tomorrow and post them, i put it out with the garden hose before the fire department arrived... rear of the car is toast...Im just glad I didnt park it in the garage right away like I usually do...lucky....

Wow, that could have been devastating!! Glad that you and your home are ok!

When I finally order mine I will have all possible lines converted to braided steel hose with high pressure AN fittings; i.e. all diff, oil & tranny cooler lines & radiator hoses etc!!

Wow...That sucks, but as long as everone is ok....But look at the bright side; Now you can get a 560!

When I finally order mine I will have all possible lines converted to braided steel hose with high pressure AN fittings; i.e. all diff, oil & tranny cooler lines & radiator hoses etc!!

You still have to be careful when installing braided lines as they can chafe together and tear each other apart too...

Could you tell me what year your Gallardo is?

Sorry to hear that. You guys should petition SafeCraft to make you a custom system. A bunch of us FGT owners had them make us a very OEM looking solution.....and it doesn't have to be blue as in the pictures.

post-13023-1278836297.jpg

post-13023-1278836283.jpg

a wise man once said....

LET IT BURN! You dont want a story car.

Different however if you are IN the car when its burning ...so maybe he wasnt THAT wise.

real lucky no one is hurt and your house is safe.

in situation like that, fire is caused by mechanical fault.

Is it covered by comprehensive insurance?

Sorry to hear your misfortune, thankfully damage was not more extensive. Have you considered a fire supression system for your car?? It can reduce the possibility of a fire occurring; and can limit damage if a fire does begin.

You can set-up the nozzles in high risk areas i.e.fluid coolers, manifold etc that will actuate remotely or by hand.

I have included a few links for you to look at if you do consider a fire supression system.

http://www.sstmotorsports.com/Fire_Charger...ems_p/fcfss.htm

http://www.jomarr-fire-systems.com/

http://www.pitstopusa.com/SearchResult.aspx?Manufacturer=83

http://www.pegasusautoracing.com/advcat.as...yID=FIRESYSTEMS

FAQ:

http://www.ansul.com/en/Products/nonroad_sys/nonroadfaq.asp

pics Its an 04, Im a bit leery of getting another Gallardo, Ive never had a car catch on fire by itself, none of my F-cars ever did and they were more prone. What scares me is if this was parked in my garage and gone off, it could have destroyed my house, and potential loss of life as people were sleeping at the time. I was on this with a hose within a minute, and you can see how fast it burned. Im impressed that the e gear pump still comes on when i open the door though!

gburn1.jpg

gburn2.jpg

gburn3.jpg

gburn4.jpg

gburn5.jpg

gburn7.jpg

Glad you are ok! You can replace that car but not your life. Good luck and let me know if you need any help. Have a wonderful weekend!